SweetFX deemed against the rules...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skizerz, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizerz

As of now, SweetFX can result in a suspension of your account. I BELIEVE they're deciding if it should be allowed or not, but until further notice, don't use it. I know i practically pledged allegiance to this thing, but everyone that is using it because of me, please stop for your own good. I don't want others getting suspended because of me.
    • Up x 2
  2. Believer

it is insane to me that people think that it is acceptable to modify the way the game renders to your screen.

SOE choose one

1) ban them all
    2) let everyone do whatever they want
  3. RESOLVE

bull **** i want to use it to make the ****** blur go away... some ******* acknowledgement on these forums would be G R E A T
  4. RobotNinja

5. RESOLVE

SOE FIX YOUR GAME THEN
    • Up x 2
  6. MasterIQ2

Using Sweetfx just about 2 hours ago made the game more playable for me then ever.

I dont play infantry its not possible with my current FPS/stuttering. Sweetfx made the stuttering go away and for 2 blissful hours I killed people it was glorious.

sigh.
    • Up x 2
  7. Skizerz

"There are some applications that modify the windows or directx environment without changing the client. These may also result in suspensions unless we specifically exempt them and declare them ok to use."

There's the quote, for those who haven't seen.
    • Up x 1
  8. Twist

I have deleted Skizerz original thread on this at his own request (due to reasonable concern his advice might result in adverse experience for other players).

We are aware of SweetFX, the proper way to fix this issue is to improve our own shaders where possible.

There are some circumstances in which a modified version of SweetFX could result in an advantage for some players. This would put us in the difficult position of having to try to test an external third party program. We are looking into how to address this long term.
    • Up x 5
  9. CausesChaos

Atleast we're getting response around the clock from SOE

Only time will tell if its actually legitimate responses and not just words.
  10. RESOLVE

SOE should integrate something like SweetFx...personally it makes me angry that my game could look 5x better but i cant use it...
    • Up x 1
  11. Dubious

If Higby is using it, we the players should be able to use it..

if he use it only for testing thats another story..
  12. Stigma

Can you ask the devteam - from the community - to please please let us also be able to simply disable the FXAA? Even if we can't run our own injectors on top we STILL really want this option and we KNOW it is not a technical hurdle to allow this as it was easy to edit in beta. I can understand disallowing injectors like Sweet (although I hope an exception can be made) but forcing you to use an inbuilt FXAA that is (quite frankly) really bad is something else. Hopefully we can at least use driver-level alternatives after removing the inbuilt FXAA. Thanks.

-Stigma
    • Up x 3
  13. MasterIQ2

Im still torn. The game looking better is 1 thing but I went from being only able to play with tanks/planes even then sometimes not, to playing infantry almost perfectly.

It improved my play experience looks meant nothing since I was already running with as much off/low as possible. I would much rather you guys have a hard stance against cheaters so I guess if its 100% impossible for you guys to distinguish the difference in injectors fine. But if you can Im putting out a pretty please to allow this soon at least till you guys get things resolved.

Edit: Kudos to the quick forum responses on issues.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mansen

Then I suggest you get bloody cracking already - "you've" had several months of beta to listen to the "we want to get rid of FXAA and other forced ****" threads.
    • Up x 1
  15. helloworldy

Well, there are bigger problems. I'm pretty sure they've said they'll first deal with the major problems and then get down to all the other stuff. This probably counts as not-a-major-problem.

I also find FXAA annoying and few other things like bloom, but I'm just trying to stay positive and hope they'll get on it whenever possible.
  16. Mansen

I disagree - they implemented these features during beta knowingly. It wasn't just something that appeared out of nowhere. Heck even the devs themselves were using injectors to pretty up the game. Having vaseline smeared all over my game play is more of an issue to me than the performance optimizations - if I can't see what the heck I'm shooting at, then what's the point of having it fly by me at glorious 120FPS?

It's not like they did not know that injectors would be eventually banned and that players like retaining control - up to the end of beta many of these options could be disabled clientside.
  17. AshOck

was nice while it lasted.. :(
  18. JoCool

It is terrible. The game looks terrible without the sharpening, the blur just denies PS2 graphics in all their glory. It does not give anyone an advantage, it's just more eye candy.

Does this post also apply to the FOV flawless widescreen fix I use?

For those of us who get motion sickness without it after a while. As long as it is not banned, can we use it?
  19. Wrek

Flawless widescreen has caused people to get banned for using it, I suggest it would be for the best to wait for them to fix it themselves. which is kinda ******** seeing as motion sickness while playing sucks.
  20. MadCowCrazy

I get about 10-20 FPS on lowest settings, with rendering put to 50%. Game looks like **** and plays like ****, it's a horrible experience. I was recommended SweetFX, installed it and now I can run the game on max settings and still get 80FPS outside of combat and a steady 30+ during the most intense fights.

So I can either enjoy the game with SweetFX or play the ****** standard version? SOE needs to make an exception for SweetFX until they sort out their own graphics. It's rather pathetic that a thing like SweetFX is even needed to begin with to sort out FPS issues.

Have people been banned for using SweetFX? Are there any confirmed cases?

If I'm forced to use the ****** version how long will it take SOE to fix their current graphics? Months? Years? I can enjoy the game right now with SweetFX but I might get banned for doing so? You have no problem taking my money right now but if I use a simple fix to the games current graphics problems I can get banned? That's not fair!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.