Sunderer nerf? And , you sir, drive a dumpster...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Monnor, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Monnor

First, it seems he cant climp up some simple hills anymore which before i mastered.
    And then i want to know, why this damn vehicle always go nuts, and i lose control if i slip down a hill. Whats with the brakes, they dont work. Its like driving a dumpster. No contol, no breakes.
  2. SgtScum

There are two cert unlocks that greatly improve your sundy road performance.

One is more for offroad type of driving and considerably tightens up the handling and the other is for run n gunning past enemy lines with its fast top speed.
  3. Raka Maru

This must have been a ninja'd nerf, but some old trails are just harder to climb now. Must be time to put more certs into handling to get back to normal.
  4. Ganelon

Hey, don't go hating on my partybus now.
  5. SgtScum

Which is a basic flaw of the games design.

The stock vehicles are already bad enough without nerfing them to 'encourage' dropping certs on them.

Hey noone is spending $C on unlocks! What to do!? Oh lets nerf em some more to make people want to spend $C on them!

Jenius..
    • Up x 1
  6. Raka Maru

Yes, and this upsets me...
  7. Vortigon

Its a TOTAL JOKE!

I have 2 levels of the handling upgrade with traction - and I can't even go up small inclines without sliding backwards like an idiot and then spinning down the hill in a vortex of badly coded artificial gravity after this Huge nerf to traction.

What exactly are you playing at with this nerf? - exactly what problem are you solving? There was nothing wrong with the sundie traction before - if anything it needed a buff not a nerf!

I really wonder how you people got your highly paid jobs sometimes - you appear to have no clue what your doing most days...

And why do we still have some weird gravity that acts on objects at an angle not straight down when on a slope? Gravity acts on vehicles at an angle while driving on a slope - really getting sick of the lack of attention to fundamental aspects of this game.
  8. Over00

Its both funny and frustrating at the same time.

Funny when last night when performing a reverse handbreak turn and when I practically corkscrewed round a small hill when I attempted to get over it.

Frustrating because I can't climb a small bump and interestingly enough you have better traction driving backwards.
  9. Wardy

I have a theory for the nerf. Pre patch with no certs in performance, my HE/Vulcan Prowler was able to scale some stupidly steep hills to then set up and bombard the minor outposts with, (ones with 4 air pads) It meant I had clear LOS to the spawn tubes at the top, the A cap point, and the 2 spawn tube on the middle floor. This meant that I was (and I kid you not.) able to go 100+ for 1 life. I understand the nerf because I felt at the time that this was far too good to be true and far too easy, though I don't understand the sheer scale of the nerf. Post patch I can now no longer scale anything higher than a 10% gradient, which I guess resolves the 1 tank locking down a minor outpost problem.
  10. Flashman

Saw this on the twitter feed on main page.... seems the hill climbing might be a bug... bloody hope so

Mark Howland@MrAuntJemima
    @j_smedley Ninja nerf to tank hill-climbing?

John Smedley@j_smedley
    @MrAuntJemima I've mentioned that to the designers. I'll let you know when I hear their answer. Bugs me too.

4:46 PM - 13 Dec 12 · Details
    Ryan@LocoRaider
    @j_smedley @MrAuntJemima Perhaps you should have someone respond to the numerous threads on the official boards so we don't feel ignored...
  11. zukhov

Errr you cannot buy the handling certs......
  12. zukhov

LOL and this is just lies. I have 2 certs in handling and my Sunderer goes up hills like spiderman. Wgat are you smoking?
  13. SgtScum

But you do buy premium and boosts to make the cert grind easier. ;)
  14. Monnor

I dont know if handling cert would be improve this slipping over ground like bald tires on ice. Same with the flash , i mean vehicles lose so much control, that cant be real.
  15. MexelVanMexelen

It's great for getting away from tanks. I've pretty much got the handbrake turn perfected:
    1. Reverse away from tanks at high speed in 3rd person.
    2. When safe spin the truck and head off at speed.
  16. Haterade

I haven't noticed much in the way of a nerf, but they might have made good on their earlier comment about Indar. When Amerish was released to rave reviews, one of the things people liked the most was vehicle pathways. It funneled the action better, made it feel less like an open plain, and was just more fun. They then said they would take some of the lessons they learned with Amerish and apply it to the two earlier continents. One of the things was that they would change Indar around a bit so you couldn't just roll over all the terrain thereby making roads mostly pointless and fights less dense.

And, if they finally did change Indar around a bit, it would be a good thing.
  17. forkyar

18. Vortigon

You have obviously not played the game in days then have you.

I am a pro sundie driver - If I say that a nerf has ruined the sundie then that is a fact - I'm not going to try persuade you - I'm just going to tell you the facts, if you haven't noticed the nerf then you have either not played the game in the last few days - or you are a part time sundie driver who zergs along the roads with the other cannon fodder.
  19. zukhov

My god sir your right, I do apologise!