[Suggestion] Substitute KDR with ADR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Simferion, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Atuday

I would like to see k/d taken put of the game. Unless you are a sniper it is pretty worthless and even then what you need is kill per minute not k/d. SPM is useful but I would like to see an SPM without modifiers and a score per death ratio.
  2. Shanther

The thing that gets me with all of these remove KD threads is the fact someone will always find some metric to measure themselves and others by. At the end of the day you are only replacing a number with a different one that you like better. Nothing is actually changing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Taemien

And cause a 5-10 FPS drop depending on system. That's a little known fact. The more UI elements tracked, the less the performance. We need less elements, not more.
  4. Jedesis

All ****ters complain about removing KDR, get over it.
  5. IvanCGray

Support. +1
  6. Yuki10

Yea, better than you sitting in an MBT farming spawn rooms to inflate it... you've worked so hard on the enlargement, i'm sure it hurts to lose it.
    • Up x 1
  7. IvanCGray

At least there's something he can enlarge... *rolls eyes*
    • Up x 1
  8. Krayus_Korianis

I am a strong proponent on the removal of KDR. If anyone noticed, before they ever added KDR, people were getting things done. Now, they sit in spawn rooms or in liberators and running away.
  9. Tululaboo

Persoanlly I do not see the point in having the K/D listed, ok it is a stat and an ok one to keep track of !but! I do not play for kills, I play support so a lot of the time I get sniped while supplying and repairing units and base defences. People see the K/D as how awesome you are at the game which is fine but again I am very good at keeping max units and denfeces up and running which does not get any sort of notice in the stats.

I think what I am getting at is that I am a great support player who gets kills as a secondary option, my directive is support but there is not stats showing my effort and contribution to the fights I am in.
  10. Yuki10

Well, there are some for whom KDR is the game... they are the ones jumping out of ESFs as soon as it gets hit or smoking, those who like to shell towers while sitting in MBT on a hill, those who stand in span room and won't even try to get to the capture point.

Look at Jedesis, AlphaZed and others.....they play super safe to make sure their KDR stays high, while not really contributing to the events around them.
  11. Tululaboo

Yeah I have met my fair share of people like that >.< I happily run into an ambush or overpowered room to at least try and cull the numbers. It can work as it did earlier but a lot of the time I end up slung out on the floor >.< gotta try at least, heck if I know whats gonna happen ill fire at a tank >.<
  12. Nalothisal

....this guy. I like this guy. I'ma hang out with him.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jedesis

Hey mate, check my stats, it's all from light Assault. Get your facts straight m8.
  14. Jedesis

And "super safe?" **** sake you know nothing, I go CQC with Carbines. I can handle myself in close engagements. And if I was playing "safe" then I would have a lower KPM. Instead I have above 100 kills per hour on nearly all my Carbines. Just stop being a ******** support player who whines about getting farmed. Instead change your DPI, learn to read the map better, and have better target acquisition and aim.

I do like the idea of APM, as outfit leaders might look for that in a support person, just don't remove KDR and have it alongside it.
  15. Yuki10

just another ******** farmer
  16. Nalothisal

Gut it. Gut the KDR. My last outfit was destroyed by KDR ******. KDR should have never been made.
  17. Simferion

The problem about KDR is it's very partial: killing is just one part of the game together with supplying, supporting, capturing the bases, etc.
  18. Simferion

19. Scr1nRusher

Why...... would you bump a 2 year old thread?
  20. Simferion

because old != bad :p