[Suggestion] Substitute KDR with ADR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Simferion, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Schwak

Damn this thread is old, I like the idea though. I have always felt that killing lots of armor should have affected something more then just SPM and this looks like a good way of doing exactly that. This also would mean that people bailing from ESFs wouldn't completely deny you on one of your statistics.
    • Up x 1
  2. Chicken Wings

Indubitably.
  3. Tuco

jus twhat we need, more suicide rushes, and flying monkeys with C4.
  4. Simferion

5. Simferion

Another bump
  6. Koliup

I actually quite like the idea of this.
  7. Simferion

Summer bump!
  8. JKomm

100% agreed! KDR is pointless and obscure in a game like this, and for one reason: revives! You can kill a revived player over and over and have your KDR rise on up even though that revived player is almost entirely defenseless in that one second after accepting a revive.

This ADR system will make things a little nicer, especially for support classes that spend more time repairing and healing rather than fighting... then when you see a high ADR you'll think "Oh that must be a really good support player" rather than seeing high KDR and think "Must be a lib farmer".
  9. Shalalala

This idea... I like... KDR and SPM are a useless stat and I really think this new stat will be more viable.
  10. FillyFluttershy

I support adding this. I've thought so for a while too. We could keep KDR as well, but this way if someone thinks you suck cause your KDR is like < 1 but you have a good ADR to show them they might not think you're terrible.

SPM is especially garbage, because a lot of the time your SPM is being diluted by driving time, idling, waiting for a cap without anyone to fight, checking certs, looking at loadouts, etc etc. Plus it mainly just encourages overdrive turbo farming to generate XP that isn't necessarily helping with the fight much. I'd hate to be in some outfit that expects XXX SPM out of you cause then you'd be afraid to even take a chill pill.
  11. Xellon

Take my Like and Bump of sheer approval! I fully support your Idea! Hopefully, the Dev's will consider adding this to the game soon! (Spread the word!)
    • Up x 1
  12. Spoof

Bump, because it's a much better system for PS2.
  13. Torarn

I just discovered that "Suggestion" and wanted to bump it too. I'm always an engineer, and somtimes I just repair nothing because it takes me time while trying to up my KDR above 1.
    What's an engineer that repair nothing? A light assault without wings?
  14. MarkAntony

yes let's deprive other people of seeing a important stat because your KDR sucks. some people....
    • Up x 1
  15. Simferion

Very important stat, yes...
  16. Jac70

For the last time, NO and stop asking :eek:
  17. FBVanu

the basic idea would be to have BOTH stats.. KDR and ADR..
    • Up x 2
  18. Bindlestiff

Why should he?
  19. iller

I like this idea if for no other reason, than because it means a fresh spawn kill would only count for 2 bits of a kill :D
    This needed to happen a long time ago
  20. DeltaUMi

This will give incentive for those who care about stats to take support roles such as actually being a medic and repairing damaged machinery as a engineer.