Striker is rediculous

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codeak, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Bolticus

Everyone saying that Libs can overpower Striker users has obviously never flied.
    Scenario: Lib heads into TR territory, if he's not instantly decimated by flak, he gets multiple locks by every HA on the ground within the hex who just happened to see him. And guess what, they're puny. You think that a "good" lib gunner can fly into an airspace and identify every HA on the ground who poses a threat?

You're crazy.
    And in the rare occasion where he does kill the striker users, they're back on the battlefield within 10 seconds.
    • Up x 1
  2. Setyri

You couldn't add this whine to the 20 other threads with the same whine in them?

I've been playing Vanu for about 3 weeks now, after 2 months of TR. I've never had a problem with the Striker, even in aircraft. The rockets are very easy to shake off. Even as a tank, the Phoenix is much more of a concern to me.
  3. Codeak

No.
  4. NoctD

I think Libs just need a big bullseye cosmetic add on for them to put on their canopy.

Libs today are XP pinatas regardless of what you use to whack at them with.
  5. NinjaTurtle

Very mature conversation tactic you have there
    • Up x 3
  6. Fenrisk

Only time the heavy won't render to a lib is if hes playing on low settings and outside of striker range. Last time i checked libs can hover outside of striker range right above the heavys.

A Lib have no issues dealing with a heavy or 2 with strikers so long as their gunners are not complete idiots. Follow the red rockets and blow that heavy up in less then a second. You have plenty of time to do so.

If your a lib dying to 1 heavy with a striker your doing it wrong. I mean seriously? you would have to be hovering about the guy for 30+ seconds. That's how long it would take the heavy to solo you. Your gunner can't spare 1 second of his time to gib the heavy?

Blame your gunners not the striker.
  7. RobotNixon

pinatas are OP. SOE plz nerf.
  8. Codeak

I don't talk to 12 year olds who don't understand what they're talking about.

And i am sure as hell not going to waste my time and educate you.

If you understand the problem then we can talk about solving it, but if you think everything is perfectly fine then you need to go make a new thread.
    • Up x 2
  9. Malsvir Vishe

If they're going to buff the striker, they should only make it operate like the other G2A launchers where they follow instead of lead. Half damage in return for that would be great.
  10. makrome

psssst, don't give them bad ideas, they'll get out their nerfbats and punch them until they're broken.... oh wait.
  11. NinjaTurtle

Well I'm 25... Not the first time you've been wrong this thread.

Anyway I'm not responding anymore, people like you are too stubborn to be worth conversing with. You seem to be of the opinion that your opinion is right and anyone else who disagrees isn't entitled to give theirs.
  12. Datareaper

I don't pull a lib anymore when I'm going up against TR, complete waste of time and resources trying to fly anywhere near the invulnerable missile spewing pillboxes SOE calls a spawn point.
    Also going to second the statement that your eating striker missiles before the HA even renders to the pilot and gunner, you almost have to fly under 100 meters before you can actually start seeing infantry. An exaggeration, but you get my point. Meanwhile they can see you leave your warpgate. From the crown.
    • Up x 2
  13. TomaHawk

O RLY? And how many times do your libs face off with SOLO HA'S AND DER OP STRIKER?

lol

I think Strikers are fine, btw. Whiners gonna whine.
  14. Codeak

The problem is that flares only help you escape, it gives you only FIVE SECONDS.

There is no way to kill strikers if you have 5 seconds to kill them.

You are forced to leave and stick your thumb up your butt.
  15. Codeak

You are twelve.
    • Up x 2
  16. Nobalification

and? u just say our Striker is too much OP . . . this happens with AA maxes, Anihilator, Striker, Grounder etc. . . . I dont know but striker gets 500 dmg with one rocket 5x500=2 500 and ML 7 (default rocket launcher) have 1 700 dmg with one rocket. So with ML 7 u can IK reaver or scythe but with T2 Striker - 5 rockets (if u hit all of 5 rockets) u cant kill him. WHY? stats say wrong informations then gameplay statistic.
  17. Fenrisk

A squad of anything is over powered. Nerf squads.

The funny thing is libs are still one of the top 5 ways to farm experience. Should we call that op too?
    • Up x 1
  18. NC_agent00kevin

Im gonna have to agree with Codeak. Its a bit too strong of an area denial weapon. Its not quite to the level of being ridiculous, but it is indeed a bit OP.

And whomever told Codeak to L2P...Id love to see you go 1v1 with him. ;)
  19. Posse

Lol, you didn't run into one of our Lancer squads then,
    • Up x 1
  20. SebDollar

My outfit is primarily an Airborne outfit, and when possible we avoid fighting the TR because of the Striker. That should say everything.
    And before people start saying, just use flare, just use terrain, just keep your distance - Just dont.. By saying that, you are acknowledging that the TR have a more powerful AA weapon, that require that you take extra precautions.

And the most ridiculous claim by TR Striker users: Just fly towards the ground, then it won't hit you, but the ground instead.. While that might be true, how would you expect a pilot to provide air cover, if he is spending all his time flying towards the ground?? That would be the same if NC or VS had a carbine that had autoaim and could hit you from 300-400 m unless you as an infantryman looked down in to the ground... How would you do infantry combat, if you spend half the time running around and looking down in the ground??? See how that argument doesn't work?? Sure you could get some kills the few seconds you were allowed to look up - and sure, air can get a few kills while they are flaring, but the fact remains that the Striker is better than anything else in the game at dettering/killing air.. (apart from bursters, but all factions have those)

And sorry if i don't sympathize with the lone guy in the TR Striker squad that doesn't get any XP.. The issue is not that you as one soldier doesn't get your precious XP. The issue is that You as a squad completely denies the entire airspace!! Something that neither the Lancer or Phoenix can do.. And trust me, i don't wan't them to.. I wan't the Striker to be pulled down to their level of AA effectiveness..

And while the Striker might be worse against max'es, base turrets, etc.., You TR MUST admit that it is overpowered against air...