Striker has been fixed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phreec, Sep 10, 2013.

1. phreec

In case you didn't know.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ix-september-11-2013-6am-pdt-3pm-cest.150296/

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Vorxil

*confetti*
    • Up x 1
  3. Phrygen

It will satisfy some pilots, but most players will still want its power toned down.
    • Up x 5
  4. Fredfred

I don't believe it until I see it.
  5. Kid Gloves

Its a fix, it's not 'fixed'.

We still have the lock-on mechanic changes to come down the pipe. When those go in as well we'll get a much better idea of where the striker is.

Still, this fix will undoubtably have an impact on the Striker's performance, now that it will actually be possible to use cover against it.
    • Up x 6
  6. Spartan101

Unfortunatly that is incorrect. i have never as a Striker user seen my rockets go through terrain. There will be no impact on performance for the striker, or any lockon launchers or any rocket launchers at all for that matter. The only thing that will change is that you will see the correct pathing for the missiles chasing you.
    • Up x 4
  7. Tinuva

You know what they say about anecdotal evidence...

That said, I think its real issue is the 500m range. Anyway it has its nerf coming...
    • Up x 5
  8. Phyr

They also said that explosives going through shields was fixed, weeks ago.

We shall see.
    • Up x 5
  9. dragunov

Striker can lock 500m and hit target 800m away
    And the dumb Phoenix can only fly 300m.... WTH :mad:
  10. UberBonisseur

In this day, the Striker went from gamebreaking to overpowered.
    • Up x 13
  11. Copasetic

The Phoenix has a 300m range because they couldn't make it longer without triggering loading screens like you get when you use some teleporters.

True story.

Anyway, I'm glad the AV MANA turret issue might finally be fixed. I wonder if this includes them flying through gate shields if the guy shooting them is too far away for said shield to render on his screen.
    • Up x 1
  12. N7Havoc

The rockets (to my knowledge) would only go through objects if they were at long range, something to do with render distance and the missiles not rendering. As a tanker this never impacted me. While flying it was clear that you could pass around as big of a mountain as you wanted, the missiles would still hit. As a striker user it's possible you were not aware of your missiles passing through hills because the ESF had flown out of view and you couldn't see. On the flip side, while flying away from missiles I can't see them either.
    Just by flying around TR territory a bit and ducking behind hills we should be able to tell if this patch worked or not rather quickly. If there's a thread tomorrow whining about this same issue then I hope there's plenty of video evidence.
  13. Spartan101

Client side render distance and client side rocket tracking may actually be the cause for this "rocket going through terrain" issue. Terrain stops rendering and because everything is client side, the rockets now have no 'terrain' to avoid. That was a refreshing viewpoint that did not have even a hint of whining and i thank you for it.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with this fix now....:)
  14. MasonSTL

THIS JUST IN ESF PILOTS ARE STILL GOING TO B*** ABOUT THE STRIKER!!!
    • Up x 5
  15. Spartan 117

Striker bugs, yes. Striker balance, no. Won't be resolved until projectile speed decreased, TR players have to maintain LOS lockon, & range reduced.
    • Up x 1
  16. Spartan101

1/3 of those are going to happen, one will stay the same and the other is actually getting reversed, we'll be seeing a projectile speed increase instead. Range will be staying as it is but yes, it will be maintian LOS to lock.... to an extent.
  17. biterwylie

LOL It is fixed but still massively OP!
    • Up x 2
  18. Bindlestiff

... and yet it is witnessed on a daily basis by NC and VS on all servers, and is now being touted as fixed by SOE. So either you are too busy watching the TV or playing on your phone whilst the striker does all the work for you, or you are simply ignorant to the problem and don't want to acknowledge it.

We will see whether there will be a performance hit for the striker when the VS and NC can actually start using cover - as they are trying to do now - and be effective.
    • Up x 3
  19. Van Dax

strikers going through terrain was definitely a 300m+ problem I found out how to consistently dodge striker rockets at about 100m by smashing them into terrain, didn't work further away or closer and was a quirk with the guidance and a certain piece of terrain.
    As a true vanu I've done my testing but I won't propagate the use of an exploit so its my little secret (I haven't used it since I dodged ten strikers sans smoke).
  20. Spartan101

OR, maybe you dont actually understand the issue. Did you check the title of that particular section of the update? Physics and Projectile improvements? i sure did. The only issue with the striker in regards to bugs such as those fixed in this patch isn't an actual issue with the striker at all, its all to do with remote client vs local client rocket pathing. This issue occurs for all rocket launchers, another predominant case being the infamous phoenix missile looks like it misses by a fair margin, then blowing up in your face.

Of course as a Striker user, the rockets pathing works correctly on my local client so i see no issues, hence my statement that there will be no significant change to striker functionality, but i am most definitely aware of the issue and the symptoms you view.

TL;DR read the post, otherwise you will not understand and will continue complaining about a non-issue.
    • Up x 2