Still no Comrose in the game. Flip tables (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Littleman

You showed an image of a com rose, not a way point marker. Get it right.
  2. Kristan

I want to press OP's Caps Lock button and rip it out of his keyboard along with Shift button.
  3. UberBonisseur

TRIED TO LOOK FOR A DECENT PIC ON THE INTERNET

DID NOT FIND ONE

LAUNCHED BF2 TO PRINT SCREEN

WAITED 10 MINUTES TO LOG ON CENTRAL SERVER

GOT GREETED BY A BF3 PREORDER MESSAGE

LAUNCHED A GAME

PRESSED PRINTSCREEN MULTIPLE TIMES

GOT BLACK PICTURE EVERY TIME

POSTED ON FORUMS ANYWAY EXPECTING PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND/REMEMBER

GOT DISAPPOINTED
  4. UberBonisseur

THE LACK OF CONCERN FOR THIS FEATURE CONCERNS ME.
  5. LT_Latency

What is so bad about smoke and voice chat??

hold green smoke, Suppress red some, rally at purple smoke
  6. FateJH

I don't see the lack of comrose is a problem that the game has/needs to solve. The real problem is the myraid of navigation hoops - menu and keyboard options - that users have to go through just to coordinate with each other. We have the specific-friendly Q-spot options, which overlaps the enemy-detection Q-spot control, the generic V-emotes, the menu which sets waypoints and smoke, the squad/platoon menu (which bleeds Delta Squad menu options off the right side of the screen), four+ channels to that we have to map unique keys for, and so forth. It's terribly excessive and not intuitive.

At the same time, listing all of that draws attention to all of the basic management features squad and platoon leaders lack and can not currently even cert.

I wouldn't go with the comrose feature because that'll just overwhelm it with options personally but, like I also said, I don't think it's a necessary feature. Until they provided distance targetting for guided artillery - all of which sounds bad in the game with its current sensibilities - it seems like doing everything via the map and an organziation control screen or menu is best. And actually talking to people. They just need to consolidate better.

[IMG]
  7. UberBonisseur

AS THE GENTLEMAN BELOW SAID, GOING THROUGH MULTIPLE MENU IS BOTH SLOWER AND MORE INNACURATE THAN DIRECTLY POINTING THROUGH A VISUAL INTERFACE.

RIGHT AWAY
    [IMG]

I'VE THROWN IT THROUGH THE WINDOW, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I FORGOT TO DEACTIVATE IT BEFORE THRASHING THE KEY. AND SADLY MY FINGERS ARE TOO FAT TO REACH THE BOTTOM, SO I'M AFRAID YOU'LL HAVE TO ENDURE IT TO THE BITTER END.
    • Up x 4
  8. IamDH

IM NOT SURE WHAT THE COMROSE IS. CARE TO HELP ME? IF ITS THE RADIAL MENU THEN WE HAVE THAT
  9. GoyoElGringo

Hi, you must be new to the internet, so I'll try and help you out. Using capslock for everything is considered to be an all-around ******-y thing to do, and you'll never get people to listen to you if they think you are 12 years old or you have some pathetic need to attract attention to yourself! For that reason, it's in everyone's best interest to not scream every word you type so can move past that and onto what may be a very good and productive discussion. Thank you, and always remember to wash between your toes!

Sincerely,

The grand council of internet morality
    • Up x 1
  10. UberBonisseur

quote="IamDH, post: 2555608, member: 154087"]IM NOT SURE WHAT THE COMROSE IS. CARE TO HELP ME? IF ITS THE RADIAL MENU THEN WE HAVE THAT[/quote]

FINE, I SHALL EDUCATE YOU ON THIS SUBJECT.

THE COMROSE OR COMMO-ROSE AS SOME CALL IT, WAS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE BATTLEFIELD SERIES UNTIL 3 HAPPENED. IT'S PURPOSE WAS TO ALLOW EASY COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ALLIED PLAYERS.

THERE WERE TWO TYPES, THE "COMMON-ROSE" WHICH IS ROUGHLY THE SAME AS THE "V" MENU, ALSO TIED TO SPOTTING, AND THE "TACTICAL-ROSE" WHICH WAS AVAILABLE TO SQUAD LEADERS. I WILL FOCUS ON THE LATTER.

THE TACTICAL ROSE'S PURPOSE WAS TO ALLOW THE SQUAD LEADER TO PLACE A WAYPOINT OR REQUEST COMMANDER SUPPORT (ARTILLERY, SUPPLIES, VEHICLE DROP...) DIRECTLY WHERE HE LOOKED. THUS YOU COULD EASILY PLACE A DEFENSIVE SMOKE MARKER AT PHYSICAL LOCATION WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE MINIMAP OR A TOP-DOWN VIEW, THUS INCREASING THE ACCURACY OF ORDERS AND LESSENING CHAT CLUTTER.

PICTURE FOR CLARIFICATION:
    [IMG]

WE CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE AN EQUIVALENT AS THE RADIAL MENU REQUIRES A PARTICULAR OBJECT TO BE TARGETED, WHICH IS VERY LIMITED
    • Up x 5
  11. IamDH

Oh i get it. So essentially, its like one of those target gun thingies in battlefield. I think they could make those colored flares available for squad leaders to place attacks on certain areas. Each color could relate to a certain vehicle (ie: Green = tanks attack)
  12. Fotosynthese

If you want to communicate with other people, buy a mic (and a new keyboard) and use the ingame voice...
    or are you too shy to talk?
  13. Kanil

It's almost like SOE ignored all the good things of Battlefield 2/142 and kept the crappy parts...
    • Up x 2
  14. AFK1

Battlefield 2 has only been out for 9 years, give SOE time to catch up
    • Up x 3
  15. joe smo

LOOK WHAT YOU HAD HIM DO!

oh, well at lest he still has the Q key for his Comrose... thing... (I don't lead squads often but that looks handy)
  16. OneRedBlock

THIS THREAD IS THE BEST THING ON THE FORUMS
  17. Giggily

peasant
    • Up x 1
  18. THUGGERNAUT

VGS is dead. especially after the abomination that was tribes: ascend. be glad SOE even offers the basic radio commands at all.
  19. DashRendar

VGY
  20. Jetlag

Firstly this is not Battlefield this is Planetside, secondly there are a multitude of communication tools SOE have provided you with, possibly more then any other FPS i have played before, if you choose not to use them or learn how to use them that is your fault.

- Q commands (commorose) gives you relevant target specific communication options
    - V window lists a multitude of responses in some generic voiceover
    - Attack and defend marker allows you to mark specific objective you want attacked or defended for your entire faction to see
    - 5 seperate waypoints can be set if you are in a platoon all able to designate different objectives
    - 4 different coloured smoke can be used to designate objectives
    - objectives such as control points and generators can be targeted for your squad to attack using Q command on them
    - and finally we have a built in VOIP available to all with an unlimited amount of voice channels (thats right you can even create custom channels) available to communicate with other players.
    - finally you have a text window chat with more then 8 different channels for you to use.

The commorose was a system designed for a much simpler game with much simpler commands for much smaller amounts of players in an enclosed arena map. It was also created to assist console peasants who dont have access to a keyboard similar to how they also need aim assist hacks to help them aim with their awkward controllers.

I for one am happy with PS2s communication options, if you have a specific communication request which you think cant be achieved in PS2 please give an example and i will explain how you can communicate it to your squad, your platoon, your faction, the random pubbies or even your enemies.