Still no Comrose in the game. Flip tables (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Mar 8, 2014.

1. UberBonisseur

MISSION SYSTEM ?!
    WHAT IS THIS ?

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET PEOPLE TO WORK TOGETHER IF I CAN'T POINT AT THINGS AND YELL AT MY SQUAD TO FOLLOW THE MARKER ?
    [IMG]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • Up x 22
  2. Littleman

I'm fairly sure you know about and how to (default) hold Q...

I mean, I've been wrong in calling out sarcasm before.
  3. UberBonisseur

^
    DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE COMROSE IS
    • Up x 12
  4. Bonom Denej

Hmm, isn't that unlockable through squad certs ?
  5. UberBonisseur

^
    DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE COMROSE IS
    • Up x 8
  6. UberBonisseur

BONUS PIC FROM ANOTHER GAME because edit button is broken:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Hiding in VR

*wonders if the name "Com Rose" is taken?*
  8. starlinvf

^
    Doesn't realize comrose aren't efficient without a controller. Also that controllers are inferior input devices. lowly console peasants....

<-- Superior VGS master race
    • Up x 5
  9. Jaedrik

Seriously, an expanded Q hold and orders menu should come with directives and/or mission update.
    • Up x 5
  10. Gustavo M

"I require a massage!"
    • Up x 3
  11. Ribero

I think if you use more uppercase characters, it will help get your point across.
    • Up x 4
  12. Azarga

VGS pls.
  13. LucioS

You can make a marker on the map if your a squad leader/platoon leader/or commander. The Squad and platoon leader markers are just like BF2 (which is ironic, because even through markers returned in BF4, only the commanders can use them, and they are really small and hard to see).

Also there is a voice bind menu, with some expanded requests, if it was in the comrose menu it would be convenient.

However this game largely doesn't need it, since we have voicechat built in the game in 4 different flavours. If someone speaks another language yes the orders and requests voice binds are what you need, and they are there just not in the comrose.
  14. Littleman

HOLD.

Q.

KEY.

OVER.

PLAYER.

Never said it was a thorough selection. I can use it, as a medic, on a wounded target, to tell them to "hold up, let me heal you." Again, still not thorough.

Also, this:

It's for this reason [V] + [(#)] = better.
  15. axiom537

While I agree we should have greater abilities to direct our troops. I find that using the platoon squad markers work pretty good.

In the perfect world I will PS2 would allow the platoon/Squad leaders to draw on the map like we could in PS1. Besides drawing *****'s, nothing is better for directing troops.
    • Up x 2
  16. phreec

NUMPAD 4 - Use it.
  17. doombro

nty. The game is already too much like battlefield.

VGS on the other hand, I will take in a heartbeat.
  18. WyrdHarper

The Q target comrose for leaders could be expanded beyond just "set primary target" for generators and points. I'd like to be able to set platoon targets, and target individuals, vehicles, locations, etc. My squad members also tell me they would like a different sound. i agree with the OP--what we have now is rather incomplete and could be expanded to make my life a lot easier.
    • Up x 1
  19. UberBonisseur

^

DOESN'T THE THE TWITCH AND ACCURACY TO SELECT THE RIGHT ORDER ON THE COMROSE WITH HIS MOUSE
    • Up x 2
  20. UberBonisseur

^
    DOESN'T REALIZE COMROSE PUTS HUD MARKERS WHERE YOU POINT IT, RESULTING IN LESS CONFUSION AND CHAT CLUTTER

^
    SAME

^
    NEVER PLAYED THE "REAL" BATTLEFIELD

^
    HE GETS IT
    • Up x 1