Still can't uninstall beta - 1001 error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hartmann, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Palidan01

to uninstall beta right click the icon on your desktop click properties then click go to file location on the top of the folder page you open you will see the little c:\program's:>games:>planetside2 or what ever it says click the games to go to the previouse folder and then drage the ps2 folder out to the recycle bin theres an error when trying to uninstall the beta launcher because it cant connect to the web page.
  2. Hartmann

I have no PS2 folder, that's what seems to be causing the problem. It's just loose files.
  3. joseph4th

I am having all of the same problems. I cannot uninstall the beta and instead get the 1001 error.

The Microsoft Fix It program doesn't work because it isn't one of the listed programs and as the OP said, it asks for the Product Code which is a long coded string of numbers.

No, I do not want to just delete the files from the directory, because that leaves all sorts of registry entries and all the other crap that eventually slows down your computer. I want a clean uninstall.

I do not want to go hunt down a bunch of 3rd party tools and spend a few hours trying to hack my way through this. This is unprofessional and certainly doesn't make me want to install the release.
  4. Hartmann

Yeah it's kind of weird not being able to get rid of a game. At all.
  5. kennykjc

Delete Beta Folder

Delete Shortcut
    Empty Recycle Bin
    Uninstall Beta from control panel

After that it disappears supposedly.
  6. Polmansol

You could try Geek Uninstaller. I used the 'Force Removal' option to get rid of the PS2 beta.
  7. Dem0n5

REGISTRY files! If you don't know what registry files are then you should probably stop telling people to delete the beta folder, etc. Deleting the install files does not uninstall the game, it just deletes the files. That's it. There's still a bunch of stuff scattered around that belongs to the game with no easy way to find it all. That's what the uninstaller.exe is supposed to do for us!

Deleting the files will not solve this problem. Just because it disappeared from the program list does not mean it's gone from your computer.
  8. mcm

Same problem here... control panel, uninstall/change.. then "There was a problem during the uninstall (1001)."

I know enough to not just delete the files, but not enough to go crawling around the registry myself.

I know there no such thing as a smooth launch, but I didn't think I'd have problems even BEFORE trying to install the game.

Not a good sign.

EDIT: So I tried "Troubleshooting" method of deleting the Planetside 2 folder, (Win 7 Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games) then trying again... now I get an error about it already being uninstalled, and just removing it from the program list. This is starting to remind of other uninstall nightmares with a 1000 orphaned files and registry entries.... anyone with any better ideas?

I didn't really have any illusions of actually playing this on launch day, but really? Can't even get the beta to uninstall cleanly?
  9. Kuroi Nariko

Not to sound evil but a lot of these issues are from where the users files are. It's not that the game is uninstallable and the devlopers screwed up its each computers problem. I installed my PS2 beta into its own folder, and when it came to uninstalling it I just deleted the folder. Some computers create a folder for the game and it seems like some peoples just dumped the files in a spot with other files.
  10. Millsy

You obviously don't know anything about computers Kuroi Nariko
  11. jajaba

Congratulations Sony, you will never get a file on my computer again. What a pain to uninstall.