Sticky Grenades now really sticks!

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Brainiac88, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Brainiac88

lol i found this quite amusing when i thrown one and stucked on a wall!

Finally! ty SOE for sticky grenades that really sticks on everything!
  2. ih8Darian

Oh they do now? I got it for the engineer but I don't use it that much, but now I'm gonna stick it on EVERYTHING!
  3. Sirinox

Where do you guys see the use of this sticky-nades?

At the moment i just try to throw the grenade against the edge of a door, so i avoid to get into the line of fire.
    Compared to this it could be very difficult to hit someone with the grenade to make him a walking grenade :/
  4. Cirevam

Stick them to people. They were recently adjusted to ignore Flak Armour when stuck to a person. It's almost always a guaranteed kill and the grenade's hitbox is more on the generous side. I have a good time hitting people with it.

If you stick a MAX you might kill the engineer that's inevitably running around it.
  5. SinerAthin

I'd be more worried about accidentally sticking my moronic allies who sprint infront of me, turning them into walking bombs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Eric Smith

That's not a bad idea. Find some idiot who's running head long towards the enemy and stick it to his back.
    • Up x 3
  7. RasFW

I just had an epiphany to make the VS MAX useful at AI... have 24 engineers stick grenades to him, and have him charge into a group of enemies. ITS GENIUS!
    • Up x 3
  8. Eric Smith

"Boom! Big-badda-boom!!!" - Leeloo
    • Up x 2
  9. SinerAthin

The problem is, these idiots tend to stick with the friendly zerg :/

*BOOM!*
    *Friendly Fire Warning sound*

I just killed four people. :confused:
  10. FischiPiSti

Best moments of my game time:
    1. Look around corner -> see a bunch of enemies -> stick a grenade on 1 of them -> all of them run backwards in a tight corridor because of grenade indicator panic, bomb dude closely following behind -> encounter more people along way "yelling: hai guyz im helping!" -> people along the way noticing the bomb dude, trying to run away from him, but no escape because of tight corridor -> quickly forming a katamari ball of panicked people -> infinite kills

2. in a 1v1 firefight -> stick a grenade on him -> he notices, and rushes at me -> both die. I salute that man.
    • Up x 3
  11. Ruvan

Stick grenades to your friend and have him run in to a group of the enemy.
  12. Evil Monkey

Best way to kill a scatmax - run towards him holding a vehicle mine. If you get close the mine will detonate and wipe out you both.

I call this the ***** Engineer (tm)
  13. LordZombie14

"Best way to kill a scatmax - run towards him holding a vehicle mine. If you get close the mine will detonate and wipe out you both"

Does that actually work??? If so, awesome! I really dislike them guys.
  14. Bajan009

I don't think 24 grenades stuck to the back of a max will do more damage to the enemy as one grenade stuck to them.

Now 24 grenades stuck to 24 maxes running in different directions? Scatter max much? More like scattering the competition.
  15. itzCujo666

I use them against MAX units. I always run with sticky grenades, never normal on my engineer setups. It's funny watching a MAX try and run from the red grenade icon...when it's stuck to them.

It's one of the best (and surprisingly so) cert spends I've made. I'd 100% recommend them, BUT, they are more a purchase for advanced engineers. After you have a couple of guns where you want them, after a maxed out AV turret, armor, mines, etc..then buy sticky grenades. They aren't going to revolutionize your game, but they are highly useful in the right situation and once you've tried them, you may not go back to normal. So, an "advanced" purchase, but worth it.
    • Up x 2
  16. o.Solei.o

I've had the "bomb dude" problem before... on friendlies. Same problem as with normal nades - if a friendly decides to dash in front of you the moment you let that grenade fly, it will hit them in the head. Only, instead of bouncing around the room, it's now stuck to this idiot's head... Can lead to interesting outcomes...

As for kills with it, I find that a lot of players see the nade icon fly by and assume it will bounce, and if they adjust their movement to avoid it, it's usually to avoid where they think it went. Only it's not where they think it went, it's stuck to the wall next to their heads.

Additionally, it's great for using on slopes. Most people assume that a nade on a slope is just going to wtf off into space, and often will stand right on top of it while trying to gun you down.
  17. Sabreur

Accidentally?
    1. Get a squad of engineer friends.
    2. Find a volunteer (or 'volunteer').
    3. Stick the volunteer with grenades. ALL the grenades.
    4. Volunteer runs into the room full of enemies.
    5. Profit!
  18. SinerAthin

Would require coordination though :/

Not found in the zerg!
  19. X3Killjaeden

wait behind the door of the enemy room and wait until an SMG or shotgung ally storms into it. Give him a sticky force multiplier. Profit.

I have to get those! Just for hilarious moments that can happen :D
  20. Basiley

yeah, add ability[with ironsight-key?]to stick 4x nades[get nades pouch!!]to himself and start running toward enemies, screaming "Jihaaaaad !!!'" *giggles*