Stealth fix to Turret "B" mode.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Croak, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Croak

It now remembers your last selection as a toggle, so if you hit 5 then B to drop an ammo box, then switch to another weapon/tool, when you come back to 5, it's already in ammo mode.

This is going to be nice if you're running mines or C4 in slot 4 and still want to be quickly throwing down ammo.
    • Up x 3
  2. SMatthewM

yeah that will be nice since i sometimes even hit G and throw a grenade in the heat of combat...something you really don't want to do when resupplying heavies and maxes behind cover.
  3. Ipecac

Do guns retain their fire mode now too, or does this only apply to the ACE deploys?
  4. SMatthewM

From what I've seen in other threads, yes guns now retain their fire mode Ipecac. I've yet to get back in-game to try it out though so won't know for certain till then.
    • Up x 1
  5. flipmoomonkey

One other thing I've noticed is that my ammo pack through B on the turret only lasts 2 minutes now. I would swear blind that beforehand it lasted at least 3 if not longer, so it may be that they've fixed it to actually take notice of the cert points you have into your ammo pack as I've not bothered to put any into it. Would ideally need someone who has certed into that skill to test it.
  6. TheScapegoat

It looks like B pack is using the cert enhancements now, which makes sence as the certs use the same category as the mana turret. I think this resolves for good the argument about the "B" ammo pack being a bug.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goats

Yes! Yesyesyes! This is beautiful.
    • Up x 1
  8. BadLizzard

Can't tell you how many times I have thrown a grenade in this situation. Glad they added this, I hardly ever use the turret.
  9. 4Dentity

Just curious but how many in here still uses default keybindings? this game offers few most horrible default binds i have ever seen, and the worst one is T for knife, serously that must be one of the slowest button to reach for knife in any game.

I can understand if peoples are not running with multi-button mouses, but even then you can always tweak some of them to be more user friendly. For example grenade is much easier to handle when it is on mousewheel, as it kinda mimics the feeling of "tossing" irl also knife could be on mouswheel aswell as that button is pretty fast but im kinda used to E personally so i stick with that.

Sorry for Off-topic :p
  10. Xasapis

More undocumented changes unfortunately. This one was on the right direction but still ...

The only issue that I have with it is that it doesn't remember that I still want the ammo box after I die. In fact, I want the ammo box 99% of the time. I hope I could pick myself the default function of the utility slot and pick ammo pouch as that.
    • Up x 2
  11. katuy

I hope this is the case hard for me to tell because I have rank 3 ammo box certs hehe. I still much prefer the ace functionality of switching the fire mode because if I have to chose between ammo box and mines its pretty much not a choice xp wise.
  12. Goats

Well, you can't expect them to list every bug fix. That would be a bit much.
  13. TheScapegoat

Middle Mouse - Mouse 3 is defaulted for knife.
  14. Fleabag

Do we know if they made the cert tree affect the ACE ammo box in this patch too please? Not just the standard one we all replace with something "Utility".
  15. 4Dentity

Was "T" for me. Maybe i missed the alternative bind as i made Middle Mouse for spotting instead "Q".

Also is ACE ammo working as intended or is it just a bug? i sure hope its not a bug as i prefer to have both ammo and mines.
  16. Goats

It's working as intended.
  17. Vadimir

I tested it a few minuted ago and the ACE ammo box is still a level 3 ammo box by default. By default I mean without points in the ammo box cert tree. It might be the case that if you upgrade beyond level 3 then it will kick in but I would be surprised and unfortunately I don't have the certs to test that.

While I may be completely wrong and feel free to correct me if I am, I always assumed that the reason you could have a separate turret/ammo box was to make you choose between an upgraded turret/ammo box or explosives while still retaining the basic functionality of the class. Not that that is really a choice mind you ;).
  18. Gary

Wish they would mention everything in the patch notes regardless of how little of it.
  19. Xasapis

It actually depends on the company. Some of them are pretty precise when it comes to patches and changes in the game. Others are more vague. The more precise seem to have a firmer control of their update process.
  20. Falanin

I can confirm that guns remember their fire modes now. Burst mode on my Trac-5 S makes long range shots way easier.
    • Up x 1