State of the Game 11/23/2012 - 8:30pm PST

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smed, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyridius

Nope, I'm on the latest NVIDIA drivers and I get it.

Sometimes the whole level becomes transperent aswell and I can see the sky and level below me, and literally nothing else.

Also, Woodman's gone to ****. Tanks, people, planes all floating around crazy and **** and people appearing out of nowhere and all kinds of crap, and I'm not the only one complaining of it. It is BARELY - and I stress BARELY playable. It's bordering game ruining - actually, no, it IS game ruining. If the problem persists people are going to be getting fed up and quitting. First impressions are everything and it's been botched big time.
  2. Kalpa

It is very much server-related. I play on Woodman also, and whenever there's a real big battle ("too big") somewhere, the server will pretty much beg for mercy by giving us funny blinking entities, disappearing worlds, and other crazy stuff. This has been happening for most weekend now, and on some weekday evenings too.

Unfortunately, it seems (according to my extensive "/yell Is the server breaking down again?" -testing; can't say if people answer me truthfully, though, or if they are just trolling with "no lag here, never had any") that this does not affect every player at the same time. It is as if the server's network optimization algorithms go crazy with too many entities in close proximity, and give 100% service to some, while giving 0% to others.

I'm just not sure if we should be yelling at SOE, or ProSiebenSatWhatever... although I have to say, this would not in the very least be the first time ever for international game to launch on Europe with some failure-of-a-hosting-company
  3. XALON-NC

"Trial a weapon"

What does this mean??? Can we pick a weapon and "TRY" it out before purchasing? Or try it for for a certain period of time for a # of points, and then pay the rest if we buy it?

Not sure what big bossman meant - since all the weapons Ive looked at to possibly buy listed a cost of 100 Cert or 1000soe points

ANY1 KNOW??>
  4. XALON-NC

IF YOU HAVE LAG, PLAY ON ANY OF THE EIGHT( 8X) US SERVERS - as they have NO PROBLEMS and A TON of Euros play there because there is action 24/7. S! and GL!
  5. Jrv

No word on balancing. I hope you don't think you're the first MMO in the history of computers to perfect gameplay in the first patch...right? Because it's not perfect. It's very, very not perfect.

Nor on the poor optimization, which still is not utilizing anyone's CPUs effectively.

Bugs...that's...nice...how about some GAMEPLAY ADJUSTMENTS

THEY'RE NEEDED
  6. BR4DDERS

[IMG]

I am still getting stuck in the queue on Miller :mad:
  7. Zealot

The game is amazing- thank you for all your endless hard work!
    • Up x 1
  8. zu2

I play on the Matherson server from Anchorage, Alaska and I am having very few issues. Yes, players disappear every so often and lag gets wonky every once in awhile, but those incidents happen only once or twice in a two hour session. You have a fantastic game here, much better play-wise than PS1. I am constantly delighted by the bases and outposts and how great they are to fight in and around with all the cover provided for sneaking up on and flanking people. I am looking forward to more continents in the future, more upgrades to spend station cash on, and an increase in the depth of the metagame.

One request: I would like to see more stats similar to what was in PS1. In PS1 you could see how many vanguards, magriders, etc. you had destroyed, and you could also see the breakdown on what types of classes of enemies you had killed. I would like to see that in PS2 as well.
  9. anaverageguy

What's with the caps? It means exactly what it says. You can go to Infantry or Vehicle weapons store, and once every 8 hours for a duration of 30 minutes, you can get access to a single weapon you haven't bought by clicking UNLOCK NOW, then at the bottom, click the blue button. You'll have to re-equip your infantryman or tank or plane, but.. free 30 minutes of a weapon :D yay.
  10. George_C_Scott

Thanks devs for the greatest gameplay experience of all time!
  11. Tooks

This issue doesnt seem fixed. I'm currently in a queue 0 of 0 on miller =/
  12. MexelVanMexelen

Thanks for the update, sir. Much appreciated as always!

Sad bunny here, though. Prime-time Saturday evening UK. G37 can't even start the game. Never had this before (seriously).
  13. Narfwak

Please change the Alpha Squad boost to a passive bonus. It's silly that people who have proven they are interested in supporting this game are locked out from buying any more boosts for six months. I'd like to play this game a lot, but I'm inevitably going to play more on some days than others. That's what boosts are for, and it's annoying to think that I'm not going to have that option if you refund the Alpha Squad boosts in their original form.

Oh, one other request: please resist the urge to make any balance changes for at least two to four weeks. People need time to learn the game, get unlocks, and develop their tactics. Any changes now are going to be very premature.
  14. Diamond Sword

It was fine until the night of the 22nd. It was noticably laggy for about an hour or so, then they restarted the server and made it worse.
  15. Plantjen

Everybody said it when you announced a release on the 20th of november: this game is not ready for release. So why release?
  16. Bill Hicks

Really need to optimize the game for people with dual core processors. My brother has the same processor but with 4 cores, which means he can actually play the game while I struggle to get out of spawn with all my settings and tweaks i have done. His processor at most gets 70% usage in the most intense battles. Need to get people who don't program for the xbox 360 to do this
  17. TimeyWimey

the queue system is not working as intended at least on peak hours (saturday 6> pm). Or rather, it seems quite random.

e:miller
  18. deusex2

Miller server player here-still can't log in...
  19. Ravenlight

Thanks for keeping players in the bugstomping loop. It's only been a few days since launch but it's still super cool that dev communication with the community is so active.
  20. Cyridius

Ironyyyyyyyyyyyy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.