State of Directives on PTS - 7/24

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by jweathers, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Teshrrar

As you wish. I'll try help, mostly because the word "performance" in Planetside2 scary me.
  2. Timithos

Good. And the community has written forum articles right here with dozens of tremendous ideas on how to do that MONTHS ago. So it's all mapped out for you on how to get it done properly.
  3. MultiRaptor

4. Kirppu1

5. Zombe

> To test directives you need to get kills
    > Completely enpty server

We can fly around and report misplaced objects or gaphical bugs, but testing directives? This ain't gonna happen :/
    • Up x 1
  6. defghi

why cant ps2 use npc enemies on the test server?
  7. defghi

i thought i seen a video a while back on a planetside 2 test where they had like clones of players or something.
  8. utakvot

So ok guys, for an hour of playing got 5 directives, but never used their items:
    Orion for LMG
    NS BARON fot Shotgun
    Eridani for SMG
    L100 for Lighting
    Resupply for Engineer
    • Up x 1
  9. TitanBadger

PTS is unplayable for those that use AMD graphics... All I see are pairs of legs infront of me. Other players and vehicles are invisible, rendering it impossible to complete directives...
  10. HectorxX

As said, difficult to test on PTS without others, but brilliant for live servers, I think.
  11. HectorxX

At them moment I think it just looks a bit disturbing, with all that text and bars and stuff, its just the feeling of, omg so much to do!
  12. Bart from belgium

Oh man.......... When I spawned at the warpgate and I look forward I only see my weapon as a little symbol in front of me.
    When I look down I see myself from the feet up to the waist looking at me above the little symbol of my weapon. This is also the case when looking in the classes menu or on the startup character menu.
    Cloaking however shows the weapon / motionspotter / etc as it should be as also no feet to waist animation.

I never like that big thing that shows depletion of you cloakers shield : it takes too much space of my vision. I always change to old ones. Less is better.

Mosquito : when in cockpit it does not fully show. Just some basic layout but no indication of eg booster or speed or height.
  13. Bart from belgium

Same here. Also using AMD
  14. Carnage

Seriously you call this a build? ****** job if that was your #1 priority yesterday as this test build is complete crap
  15. Kirppu1

We don't want achievements, we want something to the gameplay instead of endless TDM, like better resource system, intercontinental lattice, etc. Not some rewards just because you killed someone with granade launcher.

You would know this if you'd take any critique regarding the gameplay.
  16. Kraisys

I've done what I can, but my models are all messed up. My body is off the screen. My head is floating on creation screens. I can see the back of the gun instead of down the barrel. Vehicles are invisible so I can't tell how I'm angling up building. I can't imagine what combat would be like this.
  17. Kirppu1

I saw sundy decoration lights being misplaced atleast once (not attcahed on the sundy but rather floating)
  18. Kirppu1

But we don't know how to manage/make a game we just playe them(sarcasm)
  19. HectorxX

I really like the directives, only thing:
    I never spawnd a MAX but nevertheless earned the MAX-directive after an hour or so...
  20. DK22

Mostly I just use PTS as a big personal testing area, but I could spare 15 or 20 minutes sometimes.
    Would it help if I called out,
    /y hey looking for a target? I'm TR at xyz territory. come get all the kills you need.

now that I read it, sounds kinda silly *shrug*