State of Directives on PTS - 7/24

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by jweathers, Jul 24, 2014.

1. NCDaniel

Intentionally letting them kill you for testing purposes doesn't sound wrong at all. For science!
    • Up x 2
  2. WyrdHarper

From testing today (Crown!), it looks like there's an issue with the system updating. I've /bug-ed it, but basically for a bunch of the weapon directives, you have to relog after getting the kills for it to register, after which it updates. Seemed like pretty much everyone had this.
    • Up x 1
  3. Commando004

the pts is very bugged my legs appear on my screen i cant see my gun and there are odd things in the middle of the screen
  4. Commando004

the pts is really bugged my gun appears in the middle of my screen and my legs block my crosshairs
  5. Jeykey77

I think its doenst matter and it will fixed in the future, but the underboss has no reloadsound ;)
  6. WyrdHarper

You're using an AMD card. It's a known issue and they're working on getting a patch out this afternoon. =)
  7. DK22

Maybe I'll give it a try later.
    Been trying to test out my shiny new sniper rifle, but the Live VR room is too crowded every time I go there.
    They keep shooting my target. :mad:, so I have to go to the PTS anyways. :)
  8. Riffix

I just played for an hour and a half and I don't think I understand this directives system. It seems to just be a way to bundle goals of earning ribbons into larger goals? For what purpose? It seems as though you earn some sort of directive points but what do you use them on?
  9. bman7

It is pretty much just a way to combine medals, ribbons, and kills, but it's in a way that shows that you have experience in different classes, vehicles, and weapon types.

Directive points are just there to show off. If you get killed by someone, on the death screen it shows how many directive points they have. And I imagine it'll be added to the Players site at some point.
  10. Riffix

So basically, we've added no depth or meta to the game and wasted who knows how much developer time to make sure we REALLY know who's ****** is bigger. Way to go guys! Higby why don't you just do us a favor and go work on a Call of Duty game where that's the point instead of turning what could have been a vastly immersive MMO into nothing better than a Battlefield game. I can't wait for Planetside 3 at this point...
    • Up x 1
  11. bman7

I don't see what the problem is with it. It adds optional things to work towards, which gives you a bit more to do besides grinding certs.
  12. Fned

Not entirely on topic, but was motion blur removed for test purposes or is it a planned removal? I liked motion blur.
  13. Rebell_

Hi , Well i am ingame and i have 40 FPS more then on the main server , WHY ???
    Game play is smooth ,
    • Up x 1
  14. M0butu

Bugs: Directives are achieved without using the specified gun. I got Impetus directive without even having bought it! I was in a platoon and I have the feeling that might be the cause.

Opinion: Directives are a step in the completely wrong direction. I guess your marketing muppets tell you to add more addictive elements to the game. The casual gamers might even appreciate this additional help in **** length measuring (as if battle rank isn't enough), but I fear the core community wants you to spend your time on smth. else.
    • Up x 1
  15. AdeptusAstardes

Today I was on PTS and yelling in chat "WILL HELP TO TEST DIRECTIVES, WRITE IN YELL IF INTERESTED". No one answered. So, devs, please, make VR bot kill counts like a real person kill and I will test ALL the directives.
  16. bman7

There's probably people fighting on Indar around The Crown.If you want to test it, go there, but don't blow up any enemy sunderers if they're deployed.
    • Up x 2
  17. WyrdHarper

Go to the Crown, the traditional testing ground for big patches. Is it that hard to look at the map?

They've been adding some performance fixes before the directives on PTS, notably an input lag fix that works quite well.
  18. TheMadCapper

A large problem i have with this directives thing is that i really don't want a complicated system driving people to do things. Planetside should be more straightforward. Capture base, move to next base, capture continent. it reminds me of killstreaks in a way...
  19. TheMadCapper

I have noticed that even though i have been killing people with the right class and weapons i am not advancing in the directives at all.
    I don't know if it's because of the test server or what but i know i am not getting anything out of it at the moment.
  20. gatorcup

1. If a poll were done, I bet a majority of players who have played above rank 30 would have voted "no" to directives.
    2. I plan to ignore the directives. I already know I'm an average player. I don't need an item list to grind out. BR to 100 is enough for me. The game has enough ribbons, etc.
    3. I still vote no to directives.