Spawn changes currently on live

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, May 30, 2014.

1. Cinnamon

I feel like setting the "pub" spawn options to be focussed to give players not in a platoon as good a chance for a decent infantry fight possible is absolutely necessary. The flip side of this is that any changes to this should stop the system's use to disrupt organised mass movement as much as possible.

Global sunderer list is great but there needs to be some sort of overload system to sunderer respawn. Like sunderers have a limit of spawn resources and if they hit that then they are removed from the list. People hopping from sunderer to sunderer to farm cap xp is an absurd concern in my opinion. The main concern is that pub players are sitting staring at the map screen in frustration and logging out maybe never to log in again.

In terms of the 50% cap I think that is a good enough idea. But possibly the system could also use an overload to stop many people doing a synchronised redeploy. Maybe also add rules like small facilities have a 12 limit or 50%, towers 24 or 50% and large 48 or 50%.
  2. Astriania

3. WildCatNL

Change 1 is a very good long overdue needed change!

Change 2 is bad, very bad for it pretty much counters change 1.
    It might not have an impact the first few months and I doubt it will take that long before your Joe average player will learn to always have a Sunderer deployed at every base regardless of who owns it.

Change 3 is a decent change, what I believe to be required in order to have change 1 to be effective and reach its desired goal

However, beacons still pose a problem to what change 1 is attempting to achieve.
    For were there is one member of a squad, there is basically the whole platoon/outfit.

I would really like to see change 4 :), that when a new Squad Leader is promoted, that there beacon deployment option starts with the cool down timer, instead of being instantly available.
    • Up x 1
  4. RailFury

• Preventing a squad from spawning at the facility that the squad leader is at is a horrible idea.
    • 50/50 pop does not mean that it's a fair fight. When an enemy surrounds a small base with armor, stopping reinforcements at 50% just makes sure that the enemy has sufficient people to farm. 60% should be the cut off at least.
    All I want is a way to get to the front line. It drives me crazy when a small crew of 1 squad of enemies is pushing into a base and it takes me 3 or 4 hops to even get to my own base.
  5. Fenrisk

With the 50% respawn rule for defending a base won't that mean a single infiltrator could take a point and only ever have to deal with one respawning enemy trooper for the entire cap?

By the time they send a sunderer to some bases on the map that infiltrator could of taken the base solo since all it has to deal with is one guy.
  6. DrPapaPenguin

Change #2, I'll miss you dearly when you be gone :(
  7. vincent-

I must agree I've been on break and came back the other week to find a whole army just suddenly teleport into an amp station no vehicles came by no tanks no galaxies but a whole army none the less came down on the base like a angry wasp nest. That is stupid if transportation is a joke why even cut off lines or think of tactics to slow down an advance when the guy is just going to be in that base in 2seconds with his whole platoon.
  8. Kemano

any time I try and spawn on a beacon I see ~90s timer for it even if freshly placed by a player with max rank unlocked for it... it just isn't reliable right now.

also, I still get random suicides when I attempt to spawn in a squad galaxy fairly frequently, its a big issue because I can't count on rejoining my squad when I need to
  9. ScrapyardBob

Allowing players to instantly spawn at any sunderer on the map is just a revisit of the problems we had with "steel rain" last year. If an entire platoon(s) can respawn to the far side of the map, just because someone deployed a sunderer, it will kill off all of the small/medium skirmishes that can happen because of distance to the zerg.

For those that don't remember "steel rain"... last year, you could have your platoon wait until the "instant deploy" marker was at a favorable location, then the entire platoon would redeploy en masse. A location that was *far* from the current battlefront would suddenly have 3-8 squads of hostile troops dropped on it without the need for any messy logistics like a coordinate galaxy drop.

By removing travel times from the game, you're just simplifying it and making it more boring more quickly. Territory becomes even more meaningless because you no longer desire to hold a point just because it's a good place to regroup and push out from. Instead, we're going back to the bad old days of whack-a-mole.

• Galaxies should only be spawnable at the warp gate.
    • Sunderers should only be spawnable at major facilities.
    • Libs should only be spawnable at Amp Stations / Warp Gates
    • MBTs should only be spawnable at Tech Plants / Warp Gates
    • Lightnings / Harassers should have their spawn locations dialed back (major facilities).
    • Small outposts, should only have a "flash" vehicle pad.
    • Players should get 1 instant action every 15 minutes
    • Players should be spawned at the warp gate when logging in (but they can pick which one).
    • Up x 5
  10. iller

Some interesting changes but I think most people have been saying for a while now that it's going to take a bit more creativity than that. Especially when Liberators are involved in the equation. I wish there was easy answers here, but there just isn't.
  11. Codex561

You should make a test serv-... Wait you do have test server for exactly that!
    WHY NO USE SOE?!
  12. bPostal

Do not like change 2. It continues to devalue what little logistics are present in the game by encouraging the rapid reallocation of forces to the detriment of overall gameplay.
    • Up x 5
  13. JonnyHatesEmo

I agree. It takes away from having to actually plan and coordinate, and encourages people to jump from battle to battle . Which is what you just said but far less articulate .
  14. Hibiki54

The current change to Squad beacons is another nerf to "Steel Rain", or dropping 4 squad leaders into a hex and deploying beacons for waiting squad members.
  15. biterwylie

I don't even use vehicle resources for travel these days. Just jump across the map redeploying.
  16. Exonis

In the magical land of make-believe & the desolate void of the-game-that-could've-been
    we could've had something called "the resource revamp" and in it we'd have to fill our ANTs from NTU Silos & drive to them resupply the nanites of our Bases & Sunderers so we could keep spawning there.
    • Up x 2
  17. ZippyTheHappyChimp

Any time you want to revert this Sh*t back, we're waiting.

So far, nearly every night this week has ended with me logging off far earlier than I normally would, due to my choices.

1.) I can burn (if I have any left) precious resources on *transport*. Not even including the boredom of driving or flying through worthless, already conquered terrain; or the rage of randomly exploding from randomly placed mines from 2 hours ago, when this terrain was contested.

2.) Spawn into whatever Farm the overpop side's got going on.

But fights that our side can win, or are at least even-ish? Sorry, you can't spawn here.

Clearly some of this is me. If NC on my server actually liked vehicles. If I liked the gawd awful physics that is this games driving game. If I didn't mind sitting on my *** inside spawn shield over and over and over and over and over again picking off the occasional reject who jehads the shields. Etc etc etc. That's all on me.

There's plenty of blame for this garbage to go around.
  18. Hasteras

Anything that involves teleporting around the map is dumb. Get rid of it. I can already tell you that all these changes will accomplish is you'll see spawn beacons being set up inside spawn rooms again. Squad leaders will redeploy direct, and everyone else will steel rain.

You can't make this game everything to all people. It's not ever going to be a game of great strategic depth but also appeal to the instant gratification lone-wolf crowd. Just choose which game you want this to be SOE make that game. But trying to do everything and be everything for everyone is not ever going to work.

Frankly I don't know why you'd put everything on one continuous 8x8 map when all you want anyone to do is teleport between fights anyways.
    • Up x 1