Space Pumpkin Hunt - How Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by diggskx450f, Sep 25, 2015.

1. FeralBoy

I don't think 14 is anywhere close to a record nor was I trying to insinuate it was exceptional, I duplicated it again the next night. I'm sure players who can actually fly ESFs and other aircraft proficiently rack up pumpkins much more quickly than that. I just wanted to give you some proof that once you start getting a feel for where certain hotspots and likely places are you will start amassing seeds quicker.

I finally rounded up enough seeds yesterday to buy my 6th mask so I am officially out of the pumpkin hunting business. ;)
    Good luck!
  2. Goretzu

I don't suppose you could tell me how many knife or Candy Cannon kills it takes for the last level please? I'll never find enough Galato-lanterns to finish it that way.
  3. FeralBoy

The Boogeyman knife kills were the very last directive objective I did. I did not unlock the Slasher until right before I started it. It was 50 kills.
    I bought the CC 3000 just for kicks because I ran up another 1000 certs pretty fast, but by the time I bought it I had already unlocked the Auraxium Slasher so I never saw what the kill total for that was.

I've received conflicting information on the CC 3000 kill total. Someone ingame /tell-ed me it was 30 kills. I think that was total kills but am unsure, so 10 kills 1st level and 20 kills last level?
    • Up x 1
  4. diggskx450f

I believe its 64 kills, but I could be wrong, very wrong.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

Thanks. :)
  6. TKBoom

I got as far as I could get. Made it to the last tier but not going to bother with all of it because I'm not going to buy one of the weapons and you have to in order to get the 5 objectives.
    • Up x 1
  7. LordAnnihilator

As much as I'd appreciate the XP boost (being new and all) I don't think I'll bother trying for the Halloween masks. I'm more interested in racking up Certs for things I can actually use, not to mention it seems like a lot of hours for little reward. I'm interested in the Slasher/CC 3000 though. I was saving Certs for an Annihilator, but I've taken some advice and will probably move away from that, so I'll probably have enough for one or the other. What's your opinion on them?
  8. Timithos

I didn't even know there were such things as large pumpkins. I saw a brief flash of what looked like a large pumpkin, but I thought I was seeing things. It must have been destroyed by another player.

I destroyed 3 pumpkins from 2 spots driving NE out of the SW warpgate on Indar. The 3rd pumpkin spawned from the same spot before I left the area.

It'd be nice to find one of those 7 pumpkin LOS sweet spots and sit there with an infiltrator lol. Maybe that google lookup would give us a clue.
  9. Shadowomega

20 Candy Cannon Kills and 50 slasher kills.
    • Up x 1
  10. diggskx450f

They do seem to spawn in the same location only after some time has passed they kinda made it so if you stay close by to the spawn point it would take the same amount of time if not less to find another pumpkin rather than waiting for that same one to spawn in again.

Never let those big golactolantern pumpkins outa your sight they are pretty darn rare even if it costs you your life getting that kill.

I have been doing some google'ing but still very tough to track down so mnay people say so many different things needle in a haystack type of thing.
  11. St0mpy

Theres only one on a continent at any time, once popped it relocates to any random location a normal would spawn at.
  12. St0mpy

Im not even bothered about the final tier, ive already got more knives than ill ever auraxium and more titles than ill ever use. I already had the hats, and the noir from last year so im not going for those either. I still go popping 'kins sometimes tho, I have a couple of farming circuits ive mapped out in my head, XP for years just going round in circles.
    • Up x 2
  13. Kcalehc

On the last tier now, still looking for a couple of the Galactic Pumpkins... got one. However I'll probably have enough seeds by the time I find 'em to buy enough masks so I won't have to try and use the Candy Cannon thing to get that part.

One thing I did discover that I don't see being mentioned here: Pumpkins appear to have exactly the same HP as a regular infantryman, so take the same number of hits to kill. I've found the NC canister on a harasser very handy, as it OHK's at short range. The pumpkins appear to be somewhat less affected by splash than infantry though, perhaps even completely immune (as a Harasser Halberd will not OHK a pumpkin, and the enforcer takes 3 shots).
  14. TheShrapnelKing

I've found exactly 4. And I didn't look for them.

Added to last years equally non-commital findings and I now have 58 seeds. Yay.
  15. Shiaari

[IMG]
  16. Moridin6

there are some good areas to circuit, the big ones can appear anywhere a small one can, i found 3 today and a ton of small ones doing patrols in a cloaked flash stopping every now and then to kill unsuspecting enemy. wearing the white flame, will prob get the noir though i Do like that purple swag. . 1300 seeds after mask buying to get the 3rd tier completed, so got some work to do but it shouldnt take me long i got almost 250 in my playtime today.
  17. Goretzu

Not seen a single 1 this year.

It is effectively impossible to do this event in normal play, you've got to spend a good many hours mindlessly pumpkin farming (and even then you may just never seen a galacto-lantern, it is a really, really bad event.
  18. Moridin6

while i do agree its not "normal" play to get them, roll one, pour a drink, and take a buddy on a cloaked flash. rive Near the roads Near facilities and youll find them, its really not that hard, the big ones will show up too. plus u get to wreck wounded enemy tanks and run over people on the way. got tier 3 completed now im just farming for seeds to buy either the purple or black mask.
  19. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

You're much more likely to find someone stat padding, killing an enemy that's revived and killed (rinse repeat), than a Galactic Pumpkin whilst roaming a calm area on a continent. I'm finished with pumpkins of any kind for the event directive on multiple characters but, I wish I'd not have stumbled upon all the stat padding. I liked it much better when I thought it didn't happen very much and/or was something easily spotted and corrected by means of adjustments or roll backs.
  20. Goretzu

Well some might enjoy it I guess, but I find it much, much, much more boring than normal play.