Space Pumpkin Hunt - How Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by diggskx450f, Sep 25, 2015.

1. diggskx450f

Any tips or tricks on where they spawn or when?

Well I found late nights, early mornings when there is less action on the battlefield you are way more likely to find them as seen in this short vid. But never seen them indoors so dont bother, stay outside and use a vehicle.

What are your tips and tricks to finding the pumpkins and their seeds for the Halloween gear?

Please do respond, spawn points? times? etc etc.

Many thanks pumpkin hunters!
  2. diggskx450f

Seriously guys no one has spawn points or times or locations? Even tips or tricks?

Lets try and help those new players out. Its probably there first year even seeing this.

Plus I wanna see more flaming faces running around ;)
  3. Ballto21

• Up x 3
  4. diggskx450f

Thanks for the vid and help on keeping this thread going for new player this Halloween. Very funny by the way.
  5. Mefi

6. Kristan

Most people hunt them at Esamir with ESF. But it's a bit tricky, since render range for ESF are about 30 meters, so you need to fly really low.

Some people team up and use Valkyries, I don't know if pilot and gunner share seeds, but there are lot of those people and looks like it works.
  7. Liewec123

the biggest thing i've noticed is enemy air gank squads flying far out of their territory to gank esfs that are pumpkin hunting :eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. FeralBoy

I have an inkling that pumpkins might actually repopulate faster in areas with higher player census but I haven't bothered to try and quantify this notion in any way, it's purely conjecture.

I agree with Kristan, the most logical way to round up punkin' seeds the fastest is using an ESF, but sadly I just cannot keyboard/mouse fly for crap. I need a joystick with pitch, yaw, and roll.

If you just want to hunt punkins' I suggest pulling your favorite vehicle with the highest ammo capacity 5 minutes or so before an alert ends and hideout in a safe spot until most of the stragglers have either redeployed or died. Then go hunt in relative peace, with the word 'relative' being highly subjective. Pumpkins do respawn on post-alert continents by the way.
    I would suggest a relatively fast vehicle like a Flash or Harrasser but if you're basically all alone then it's kind of a moot point.

I have also found a new use for the Blackhand 'sniper' pistol during this fall harvest as well. You can plink those little suckers from quite a distance with the 4X and you get the added benefit of using the Stalker cloak while punkin' snipin'.

Oh, and don't forget to look in trees, they're in them too.
    • Up x 1
  9. OldMaster80

I didn't even start. I haven't managed to play one minute since they added those pumpkins :(
  10. RainbowDash9

like i put in another thread, esamir, esf flying relatively low, STAY BY MAIN ROADS (literally all of them so far have been directly next to or in very close proximity to roads) all in early morning
    • Up x 2
  11. Nabil1998

How am I doing? Done and Done. Just need kills with the knife and candy cannon and then the AURAXIUM SLASHER IS MINE :cool:
    • Up x 1
  12. johnway

In the last few days i've always crashed out of the game. Hell, i think i was lucky at one point where i jumped into an alert after a everyone disconnected and stayed on it after it was over. managed to net me a pumpkin than. i got 5 seeds and that takes my total including last year to 21 seeds.

That sucks. than again, i suspect those skull helmets are going to be more hinderance than beneficial.
  13. Armcross

Yup, those headdress are very visible. Even when clock I spot them because of those head model not aligned with body.
  14. Sulsa

My pumpkin hunt loadout:

Infil with 4x scope on TSAR rifle.
    ATV with Cloak module.

I have been able to bag multiple pumpkins from the same spot quickly with the rifle. Cloak abilities have gotten me out of numerous situations.

Pro Tip:
    'CTRL + F11' removes weapon from your view so you can scan the countryside while zoomed, without visual clutter

Hilarious Story:
    Parked on a hill in NC territory, I see a Sundy almost 200 yards away. I bag a pumpkin right in front of him with my rifle and they keep driving. I scan to my left as the Sundy keeps rolling and there is another pumpkin. Sundy parks, a heavy jumps out and I cap the second pumpkin he is running towards before he gets there. The guy jumps back in his sundy and comes after me as he heard/saw my shots. I jump on my ATV and after dodging some AV fire, I'm cloaked, clear and away. I laughed about that for a few minutes :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Stigma

This event is basically the same as last year. I finished all tiers of it back then. It was a mixture of boring, frustrating and annoying (blame some sort of OCD for still forcing myself to complete it I guess).

- The event makes a large amount of players ignore combat and run around chasing seeds instead. It disrupts normal gameplay.
    - Vultures take advantage of the bumpkin searchers for easy kills (typically lockon gank squads)
    - Its boring as all heck to gather pumpkins because they spawn everywhere else than where combat action is. Essentially you can't both play the game and collect seeds at the same time - and doing endless patrol routes waiting for spawns is boring. It feels like playing some oldschool MMORPG waiting for some rare spawn to pop.

-In order to finish the last level of the event you will need to do at least one of the tasks that require you to basically stop playing normally and either go full cheeze mode in order to accomplish it (get kills with a candy cannon for example) - or spend hours upon hours upon hours finding the rare big pumpkins - a real pain the in the behind. At least I remember it as such. They might have tweaked spawn rates.

tips:
    - All spawn locations are set in stone (see google for maps)
    - There is always X amount of small ones, and X big ones pr continent. Kill one here and somewhere else another one spawns. As a result pumpkins tend to become more abundant in places people haven't checked in a while.
    - Render range on pumkins are terribly low - especially from the air. You will need to fly both very slow and very low if you want to hunt them with an ESF. Honestly a harasser seems more appropriate a lot of the time as the pumpkins tend to render more willingly for people on the ground.
    - A big pumpkin is just a pumpkin that is abnormally large (maybe 4x) and has some lighting effects to it. It will be obvious at closer ranges, but if due to range or settings or whatever you don't see the lightning effects they can be mistaken for normal ones quite easily at range.
    - big pumpkins can spawn anywhere normal ones can

This is the most I remember from the event.
    The only thing you really get out of it is an auraxium version of the slasher. The slasher itself is actually fun and worthwhile (it makes horror-movie sound effects play on people you stab with it) - but you can buy the slahser (possibly with seeds?) and except for not looking auraxium it does all the same things.

Oh - and for people still trying to get more XP - check out the masks you can buy from seeds. 5-10-15-20% xp bonuses to be had. Might be worthwhile, at least the first two tiers which are trivial.

-Stigma
    • Up x 5
  16. Danath

Spent about 1h30m hunting pumpkins (except for maybe 15 minutes in which the enemy reached the farming place). Barely have 200+ seeds. With a minimin of 700 seeds to get a mask, directive is impossible just at 2 second tier.
    Also, maps are missing a lot of spots.
  17. WR3CK

I completed the whole event directive yesterday on ps4. I did them all but collect masks. Most all pumpkins are on outskirts of bases. All the mega pumpkins I found were around major facilities. Finding pumpkins suck and as far as seeds I only got about 1000 total. Bought a bandana.
    I hunted on the 3 open continents with low flying esf in third person. Took about 3 hours for pumpkins alone.
    • Up x 2
  18. Demigan

As I said in another thread: Go to Esamir and look around this part of the road:

[IMG]Once there, just follow the orange line. I prefer to do this when the enemy has the area as you'll be able to shoot some ESF, who will be happy to shoot back even after they realize I'm a Skyguard. You won't live too long, but if you keep to the route you can often find several pumpkins per run and get a few kills to avoid boredom, if you aren't killed while doing it yourself.

Esamir is the easiest continent to do this on, I found 5 large pumpkins in two days there. The pumpkins are orange on a white background, you couldn't ask for better. Even at night they are easily visible. The fierce competition means that pumpkin spawn rotate quickly as there's a minimum amount of pumpkins on the continent at any time, and with some wits, speed and firepower you can deal with most of the threats by simply evading them, using racer frame to get away from them or engaging them if all else fails/they are ESF/Harassers/Flashes.

Edit: the pictures don't show well, just click "show image"
    • Up x 1
  19. Beerbeerbeer

I haven't found one while casually searching during battles.

Did nothing but searching early, early this morning (where the largest alert is 24 people) and couldn't find one. Saw quite a few others driving and flying around in oddball places doing the same.

Gave up; ignoring them now unless they are right in front of my face.
  20. diggskx450f

Seriously I never looked in trees, was that or joke or are they actually camping up in trees? lol.