Someone explain what makes the Battlegoose so good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Erendil

I wasn't speaking to the overall Betelgeuse vs GODSAW balance. I was only pointing out that the BG-Orion isn't the only case where a Directive weapon (GODSAW) shows a massive increase in performance over its base model (SAW), and that in some instances even the mighty BG is getting outperformed.. :cool:

You're right though that there's simply not enough data to draw any reliable conclusions about the GODSAW-BG balance, other than to say that GODSAW buff helped it enormously.

TBH I would expect the KPH to naturally be slightly lower on the GODSAW than the BG since statisctically-speaking, target desnity decreases as range increases, leading to a lower rate of kills. But that's just conjecture, and I don't know to what extent that would be reflected in the graphs in a "balanced" situation.

Conversely, I would expect the GODSAW's KPU to be slightly higher than the BG given its long range ability. That doesn't seem to be the case though (yet).

I do find it VERY interesting though that there is almost a direct correlation between the dips in the KPU/KPH graphs of the BG and the peaks in the GODSAW graphs. My gut instinct tells me that there is a significant group of top-tier players who play multiple empires and who were playing VS and using the BG because it's a top farming tool, and that many of them switched to NC (at least temporarily) during those BG dips to try out the GODSAW. It makes me wonder how much of the BG's amazing performance is the weapon, and how much of it is the presence of top-tier 4th faction farmers.

I can't wait to see how the performance of the BG and GODSAW are affected once the Butcher gets its well-deserved buff. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  2. toxs

These are two top tier players. I know them well. They are 100% legit.
  3. DashRendar

I am not doubting the players at all, in fact they didn't really seem odd at all in game, it wasn't until I had seen their stats. The 'instakills' talked about in the OP were not from these fellows, I am sure they are honest gentlemen, and I'd love to be as good as them someday.
  4. toxs

watch nivx stream
  5. Goretzu

A lot of my WTF deaths tend to be against the BG, which was/is part of what makes me wonder if it is bugged somehow (because the same players using different weapons don't result in the same thing).
  6. Shanther

10k kills and I can tell you the gun isn't bugged. What's throwing you off is the lack of downtime. People are probably challenging faster then you are expecting. Also people tend to only go for headshots with it so that is probably adding to the wtf factor.