Someone explain what makes the Battlegoose so good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Liewec123

hmm right now EVERYTHING is like that, put your stock max up against a Kinetic 5 max with extended ammo and better weapons and you're screwed, put your stock tank up against a 4000 cert maxed out AP anchor prowler? you'll melt.
    battle buses, ESFs, every vehicle already has that kind of "gear>skill" vibe, and people are staying.

plus look at every other MMO, do you expect to come in and have the same powerful gear as someone playing for 2 years?
    and other FPS, i played BF3 and maxed out rank there, with the final rank unlocking P90 which outclassed most other weapons.

i think people expect that dedication is rewarded with better gear and not just sparkles.
  2. LordMatt XLVIII

I guess it was meant more as a general overview of why this is. I didn't go into details about how the Bengaziblast's separation from the Orion differs from other faction's directive LMGs mostly because I don't even own a Directive LMG. The Banglegrace has advantages that are specifically beneficial for its niche. While other directive weapons are upgrades, the problem is that the weapons they are upgrades of are not as niche as the Orion/Orion type guns.

I.E: An Orion has defining traits of low mag, fasst reload, high RoF, giving it high performance in one niche playstyle, while other guns have more versatility.

The Orion promotes one singular playstyle that the Batmangetter is an improvement on, while the other Directive weapons buff playstyles of the weapon they iterate on, but are not as big of a buff because those guns are not recieving benefits in their niche, either because they don't have one or because the stat boosts that the devs gave them simply do not have as much of a niche effect on the optimal playstyle they represent.

Perhaps the Butcher should get a RoF and hipfire Buff. Perhaps the GODSAW should get a lower first shot multiplier and 25 extra rounds. The Bizznatch is a great example of how the other directive weapons should be, an interesting and large but not ungodly buff to a very specific playstyle that adds some faction characteristcs and specifically rewards players that know their faction's weapon's.
  3. MikeyGeeMan

Or we can just Nerf it and call it a day. The same argument was used on other weapons and they got nerfed.
    Fact is the gun outperforms all other directive weapons by a large margin is op.
    • Up x 1
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

They literally just buffed the GODSAW to bring it up to par with the BG, and early reports from the NC HA's that I talk to is that it's utterly devastating right now so I'm inclined to wait until a decent sample size is made (a month) of it's new performance which leaves only the Butcher to be buffed to that level.
    • Up x 1
  5. Shanther

It is super spooky.
  6. DashRendar

*Gasp* That is in very poor taste.
  7. Keldrath

Just cause they never have to reload, makes taking a larger group of people on easier.
  8. Shanther

*steady stream of people

Large groups of people are bad. You need to be able to space out your engagements enough to account for heat cooldown.
    • Up x 2
  9. wrenched

Look at that strafe mobility for the VS HA: 50% faster than any other HA, 50% faster than nearly all non-TR light assault (the mobility class!)
  10. Goretzu

But again when you look at the BG vs the Orion in Q4 and BR100 only stats that doesn't explain the difference, other LMGs and indeed other directive LMGs show a small rise in that context, the BG however shows a massive rise in that context (more than double in fact).

Now maybe it is the ammo mechanic, but it is still a very, very big rise (compared to any other LMG) in Q4 and BR100 performance if that is the case.
  11. Erendil

Take a look at the new data for the SAW vs GODSAW since it was buffed on 02/25.

Since the GODSAW buff, the BR100 KPU is now more than double on the GODSAW than the SAW. It even surpassed the Betelgeuse on a couple of days: http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=br100kpu&weapon1=1879&weapon2=1894&weapon3=78

The BR100 KPH has some data missing, but if you look at the Q4 KPH you'll see a similar trend. Not quite up to Betegeuse levels, but damn close, and about 80% higher than the SAW's performance in the same timeframe: http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kph&weapon1=1879&weapon2=1894&weapon3=78

The Q4 KPU is just crazy. The new GODSAW performed up to 285% higher than the SAW, and is generally about 3x higher, during the same timeframe. And again, it surpassed the Betelgeuse briefly on two occasions: http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kpu&weapon1=1879&weapon2=1894&weapon3=78
  12. LordMatt XLVIII

When you take into account my equation thing, having just a 2% increase in performance makes it seem like the Butcher is actually WORSE than the CARV.
  13. Alzir

Actually that's not quite right, you need some downtime between targets or you're pretty much dead. The BG is preferred by a lot of players because it gives you staying power in a fight, especially for people who generally avoid large platoon play and lack engy support.
  14. Noktaj

If you can't produce an headshot 1 every 3 kills with a CQC-mid range weapon, you are doing it wrong or you are just a casual / average player.
    Nothing bad in that, just know your limits and don't crap on others.
  15. Klypto

Thanks for Crackpot Messages:

[IMG]
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

Wow, cultural appropriation much?
    • Up x 1
  17. MikeyGeeMan

What about my butcher?
  18. Goretzu

The buff to the GODSAW has certainly helped (and was bound too given that the orginal GODSAW was basically a slightly worse NC6 SAW), but whilst it has narrowed the gap somewhat it's clearly still a very large difference (we'll have to see how it goes over the weeks and months, of course), as we can see when the GODSAW has been at points ahead by up to 10, but the BG has still mostly been ahead by up to 30.

So it is definately better, but when you compare the difference that still exists it is way bigger than differences that spawned a 1000 nerf threads in other LMGs.
    • Up x 1
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

Well leaving out the fact that you don't even have a single TR LMG auraxed... the butcher absolutely needs to be buffed.

Personally I think giving it the stats of an adv. grip and adv. laser, SPA with none of their downsides while also giving it a 0.35 moving ADS COF and the DPM and reload speeds of the T32 (60 rounds but a 2.89/3.28) would be a good start. Well that and actually applying the minor buff that the CARV received a few months ago in addition to those attachments.
  20. MikeyGeeMan

Agreed...since its sooooooo awesome now I should try.....bit then again why do that when the t9 carv and other weapons outclass the butcher in every respect.