Some notes on today's cert grants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunfox

I want to add even more to this: With 17k Certs, this person, WHO DIDN'T EVEN KNOW that he bought weapons double, can buy 17 new weapons. To get 17 weapons with Station Cash, which is what people generally do to get a 1k cert weapon, you'd have to spend 11900 SC. 11900 SC are 120$ if you buy at the normal rate. Higby, your other customers have to spend 120$ on what you just gifted this player! That bought FOUR weapons double, and doesn't even remember!

I will not support this madness anymore.
    • Up x 5
  2. Shidhe

Boom, head shot. Nice one Higby.
  3. JackOfClubs

If I'm being honest, I have two problems with this whole scenario. The first is this...

I skipped bundles because I already had items in them. Had I known I would have been compensated for the loss of SC I would have bought them, and apparently if I buy a bundle with something I already own now I'm not granted certs or a discount? That's just weak.

The second is the disproportionate exchange between SC and certs. I'm fairly certain there is no item in the store that can be bought with both SC and certs that has anywhere near the 1:2 ratio this "refund" was offered as. If it absolutely had to be certs, it should have been an exact refund on all items that could be purchased with certs and at best a 1:1.5 for cosmetics, rounding up if it ends on .5. It's disheartening to hear that for buying intelligently I'm rewarded with 30-60% less mileage (per character, not even counting alts.) for my SC than some others.

I'm not nearly as upset as some of the other people in this topic, but I admit I am experiencing mild rectal discomfort.
    • Up x 5
  4. PwNrJoKeR

This really is unfair. I'd pay for certs if they were made available. But then it's just a pay to win. Hundreds of hours of gameplay brought to it's knees by paid, unearned certs.
    • Up x 7
  5. LowTechKiller

Wow...wow. That's just .666 points per cert.
    In contrast, my total score is 1,934,102 and my total certs is 9,535. That's just under 203 points per cert.

Considering it took me about 9 1/2 weeks to earn this number, it would take me just 39 more months of playing every day to earn as many certs as that guy was refunded.

Supporting SOE and this game by purchasing a premium membership and a lot of Station Cash seems now to have been the wrong way to go. I didn't see that coming.
    • Up x 6
  6. Sharpe

So far we've established that, noone so far got cert grants that didn't deserve them. Which was one of the main complaints.

Higby has posted quite abit of information on the issue already.

As off this moment, all I can see is people being but*hurt that they didn't get anything when others did.
    Right now you people that got nothing can spend 700 SC for 3 weapons.
    Those that did receive cert grants, spent 2100 SC - real money.

Even though I think everyone who got cert grants prefered actually getting SC back instead of certs, this just devolved into spoiled children crying and moaning that the other kids got the better toy for christmas.
    • Up x 1
  7. LibertyRevolution

I am really pissed off at this..
    As someone who put $50 into this game, and 40 DAYS of playtime, just to have you give some BR 10 scrubs 100,000 certs.
    You have given them 200+DAYS worth of certs, I have to say you really messed this one up.

I'm going to walk away now.. take a break.. you made the 40DAYS of playtime put into this game worth nothing..
    I am no better than a BR15 at this point..
    I have lost all ambition to further my characters development, well done SOE, congrats on destroying another game.

Maybe SOE should just get out of MMO's, because it seems they have no clue how to properly run one.
    • Up x 6
  8. gunfox

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=deadtech&tab=events

enjoy

EDIT: For people thinking he's wasting certs... He's got two more characters to do that.
    • Up x 4
  9. LowTechKiller

• Up x 1
  10. bobzebrick

• Up x 1
  11. xluryan

When will you be adding the "Paid Certs" column in the stat listing?
    • Up x 2
  12. Alystan

Thank you for the apology, but this is certainly not good enough is my eyes.

You want a suggestion of what would be feasible and satisfy me?

Go to the 0.03% of people with over 2000 certs granted, refund them all the spent certs, reverse the grant and cap it to 2000 certifications.

So these guys still get something: (2000 certs and as a bonus they can re-assign them the way they want.

And it ensure nobody got more than 2000 certs without actually having eraned them.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kahlev

Already been posted.

No one feels any better after it, except people hooked up by this debacle perhaps.
    • Up x 1
  14. Wobberjockey

i fail to see how the opinion that the people who got certs are cheaters just like botters and hackers has enough merit to be treated anything other than the absurd hyperbole it is.

for one, one group of players didn't do anything outside buy something with SC. hardly something that we should be demonizing them over. (you know, since SC keeps the servers running. the guys who own fiber don't give two rips about anything other than $$$)

and even if we grant that yes, the amount of compensation may be extreme, it is not like the players who received it had anything to do with determining how many certs they got. (or the fact that they got any at all)

would you like to be demonized by your fellow coworkers because HR cut your paycheck 100 times too big, and then said "yea we screwed up, but it would be too much of a hassle to fix all the checks so just keep it."?

because that is what half the posts in this thread are doing right now.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kahlev

Horrible analogy. I don't even know where to start. It's so unrelated and broken, it just burns to read it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Wobberjockey

how is it horrible?

it's the same thing that happend here

SOE (HR) gave the players compensation for changing it's systems mid stream (many other game devs would have said "sucks to be you" and moved on)

none of the players who benefited were involved in any way with determining the amount of certs/sc spent,and higby already said they aren't going to take the certs back...and yet the community is trying to make the players look like the bad guys?

am i the only one who sees how absolutely arbitrary, petty, and frankly stupid this is?

especially considering how, in the PS2 before server mergers and account wide unlocks were announced, such a situation could easily occur if you played 2 factions on different servers?
    • Up x 1
  17. ClubberLaing

Throw all the numbers around you want... this broke the leaderboards. i would be even more choked if i was BR 100.

Just take a dump on your hardcore community why dont you.

Good luck with your MLG campaign SOE.
    • Up x 1
  18. Disinclined

SOE, you goofed up good on this.

Don't do it again.

This is a shining example of what not to do for any developer involved in an F2P game.

I'm sure you had your reasons why you couldn't simple refund SC, and I have a hunch this was a more political than financially driven decision, because honestly it seems like you lost money by this choice. At the end of the day dedicated players, fueled by character progression, were undermined by this choice.

The wounds will heal with time, but in the mean-time it wouldn't hurt to explore more ways to reward your dedicated players through actual playing the game with unique armor, decals, helmets, camo's etc. Your more dedicated players are the ones that run the squads, platoons, and outfits. Those are the players you do not want to lose since it can easily create a trickle effect.
    • Up x 3
  19. Aisar

I usually refrain from replying to posts such as this as you obviously have no understanding of the issues this "cert reimbursement" has caused but you replied to me so I will reply with something. You need to re-read my post, look through my most recent prior posting history and read up on some of the more constructive and well thought out posts about this (from others). You obviously don't understand how this imbalances the game and encourages people to act like children. Look through my prior posts, find the thread I posted in containing the indignant, belligerent man-children who were screaming about how unfair account wide unlocks were. No really, do it. Read some of the nonsense that they were posting and then read the constructive, intelligent posts myself and others were coming up with.

I am not going to explain morality and logic to you, I just woke up and I am feeling too lazy. You need to do some work on your own. It's all there for you to see.
    • Up x 1
  20. KariH

Actually rather happy now. No problems.

Just has to thought what is most importants thing to buy or upgrade.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.