SOE y u du dis

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Aegie

Not really my intention to get people to not play VS- I have a BR 33 VS character and I think they are an interesting faction. My only issue is when people have an attitude that the faction strengths should not have attendant weaknesses because this is often hypocritical in that many faction loyalists appear to clearly see all the weaknesses of the faction they play and none of the strengths, meanwhile they tend to have discussions that focus solely upon the other factions' strengths while discounting any of those factions' weaknesses.

This would be like an NC complaining that they have terrible ROF and recoil without acknowledging the higher damage per shot; a TR complaining that they have low damage per shot or bad horizontal recoil without acknowledging the higher ROF or high capacity magazines; or VS complaining they have damage degredation without acknowledging 0 bullet drop. If you do not like the strengths/weaknesses of a faction then play a different faction, it is a simple as that- if that means that there are too few VS to make for an interesting game then the devs will probably address this in some fashion but if you look at the score/hour or many other metrics then you will see that relative balance is more typical than appreciable imbalance.
  2. Xasapis

There are weapons that no drop plays a major role (shotguns, AV max weapons), there are weapons that play no role (AI max weapons, pistols) and there are weapons that play little role (lmgs, carbines, etc.). Play a different faction because a faction strength is a strength only in name is something that people do choose to do, hence the population disparities.

Personally I enjoy my VS, I enjoy the fact that they are considered UP for whatever reason and people pick other factions instead. More targets to shoot at and a more interesting battlefield overall.
  3. MartianDiscoFish

4. Paperlamp

At least you have a poopy mag shot.

I'd like a Manticore OR(ideally) Mag-Shot clone for TR.

But yeah Mag-Shot is a straight up better gun than Manticore.

But the reload is faster!