SOE y u du dis

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Ghosty11

I'd be curious as to how long this take you to accomplish.
  2. Teegeeack

And probably complaining when they nerf it a week later.
  3. Ghosty11

Dude, I shot someone with a Mag-shot the other day @ 10 feet and missed. I blame bullet drop! Had I been using a Manticore that guy would have been dead.:rolleyes:

Some people still believe that no bullet drop on standard guns is some sort advantage. They also believe that the VS has the "most accurate" guns, and that the TR have the "highest RoF" weapons. These people need to stop drinking the Kool-aid from the SOE propaganda machine. The only faction that has a true faction trait that means anything is the NC's "highest damage" weapons that actually gives their faction a couple unique weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ghosty11

I currently run a silenced Manticore on all loadouts. I use the Manitcore because I'm not a super fast clicker, so doing more damage per shot is better dps than speed clicking while aiming with a faster semi-auto weapon. Silenced, because it's great to use in an enemy rich area when you get the drop on someone so as to not give away your position.
  5. Shasbot

What a non-sequitur. You're obviously a fool who's never read my posts if you'd think I'm the kind to complain about nerfs.
  6. Teegeeack

You're right. I don't know you from Adam.
  7. Shasbot

Then don't make assumptions.
  8. Teegeeack

Okay, sorry.
  9. Aegie

Well, 0 bullet drop is the faction trait- are you saying you think there should be no drawback for your trait? Damage degredation should be the drawback, okay- so what would you change?

True, 0 bullet drop is not so useful with a sidearm but do VS shotgun slugs have bullet drop now? Last time I played VS they did not and this is a weapon where 0 bullet drop is far from utterly useless.

All I did is ask what you would want to change about the gun and instead of just replying with what you would want to change you seem to be attacking me for comparing the weapons, both pros and cons, and asking what you would have them do differently.

If you find 0 bullet drop so frustrating since you have to give something up to have that trait then why would you play VS?

I'm really confused where the animosity is coming from. I genuinely posed perhaps the most honest, meaningful, and straitforward question for this kind of thread- how would you balance the weapon while retaining the faction specific trait of 0 bullet drop?

Here is a thread complaining about a weapon and comparing it to another and all I do is ask what you would like to change to feel it was fair and suddenly its "I can't believe somebody even brought this up in a serious manner". Wow, just wow- does the gun have 0 bullet drop? Yes. Is that the VS faction trait? Yes. If you want to keep the faction trait (useless or not) then how would you balance the rest of the weapon characteristics?

Simple question, I posted without insult, and was trying to have a genuine meaningful discussion about balance- nope, not possible because apparently respectfully asking what you would change is completely out of line.

What is interesting is that you say "damage degredation" is the trade off of 0 bullet drop- okay fair enough. You say bullet drop is useless for a sidearm because it is only useful in CQC, yet seem unconcerned that this also implies you will be using the weapon in a range where it will have essentially the same damage per shot as the faction who is supposed to have the hardest-hitting weapons. If you're using both weapons on a target at 65m, the Manticore will deal 9 less damage and the Magshot will experience a bullet drop of ~1.95m meaning that with the iron sights the Magshot will be firing at a target obscured by the pistol graphics.

I play VS as well and have unlocked the Manticore so I too have an interest in hearing what others have to say about the weapon, how it compares to other weapons, and if it is somewhat handicapped then I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts on how to make improvements.

PS- compare any of the other sidearm to the repeater (default TR sidearms); notice that DPS for the repeater is 94,640/60 this is compared to the default VS sidearm (beamer) with DPS of 75,317/60 and the default NC sidearm (Magshot) with DPS 70,200/60 (equal to the beamer at max damage range) and the unlockable Rebel with a paltry 65,250/60. So while you're complaining about how the Manticore (which, like all other unlockable faction specific sidearms is outperformed damage wise by the default) compares to the Magshot the default TR sidearm puts out over 20% the damage as the next best sidearm (a VS default), over 25% more damage as the next tier (the default NC and Manticore) and over 30% more damage than the NC unlockable Rebel. The repeater wins handedly in both the DPS department and ROF department and since so many people think it is ridiculous to use pistols at range then where are the drawbacks to the repeater being basically an SMG?

Oh, and by the way, no other faction can even come close to the performance characteristics of the repeater because there is no such option.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TOL&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  10. Xasapis

In the distances you engage somebody with a pistol you'll never experience bullet drop or damage degradation. No point for the small essay on the most useless of traits. It would have been sort of useful if there was actually some noticeable bullet drop in the game. This is not the case post beta.

I also did not insulted anyone. I asked a genuine question. I find it hard to consider bullet drop a noticeable bonus for lmgs. For carbines there is no need to compensate at all. So if bullet drop is not relevant for heavy weaponry, how could it be for a pistol? Faction trait or not. Right now it's like ... it's there ... sort of like the colour purple.
  11. BalogDerStout

I want a long range pistol to offset my shotgun loadouts.
  12. Sebyos

• Up x 1
  13. -Crotalus-

Yeah........and this is why VS is the half dead faction.........good for you by challenging people having an issue with the suckage of the VS by provoking anyone who reads this to go play another faction! Keep recruiting for us though! Doing good!
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

still waiting for my plasma-mac10 as a vanu sidearm. i need an automatic with high rate of fire to complement my slower-firing midrange eidolon & pandora+slugs primaries
    • Up x 1
  15. Shinrah

Don´t worry fellow VS, rumor has it we will get a new Sidearm, with a Hover Engine, true to our defining faction trait! We wont have to carry it ourselves anymore it will fly ahead of us and then we....oh **** its far away...hey wait I need you..my Carbine is empty...hey, serioulsy please?:eek:
    • Up x 1
  16. Syphers

If you're quick on the trigger the rebel has the same TTK as the Magshot, it's a downgrade really
  17. Clonecenter-resident

Only if you're doing body shots. If you're doing headshots like a good little NC soldier then the rebel kills in about 2/3 the time and is actually the fastest TTK pistol, followed by the beamer.
  18. Syphers

Not even the difference is something like 0.2 secs and at 10-11 meters the 2 bullets are not enough unless that the target is an infiltrator while 3 from the mag is. The rebel is also less accurate
  19. Clonecenter-resident

250*2=500, 500*2=1000. Unless you are accounting for nanoweave which I haven't seen anyone using in a while then it's a kill on anyone but a max or a shielded HA. With nanoweave then yeah, the mag-shot would probably be faster.

the accuracy difference isn't enough to matter at 10m so that is irrelevant.
  20. Syphers

it is even at 10m the bullets sometimes fly over the head and that is in VR with standstill targets and pinpoint aim, I dont want to eternalize this but the rebel is truly crappy imo
    • Up x 1