SOE should give each player 1000 certifications and 2x points on January 30.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MyOdessa, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Loegi

I think Tribes: Ascend usually refunded when they made a change to a weapon. And don't most MMOs have a respec option?
    • Up x 1
  2. illgot

I would rather they create a recert program for their cash shop and give everyone a free one cert token to use on any character.
  3. Playful Pony

Just having all your spent certs free'd up would be reasonable in my opinion. A bunch of free stuff doesn't make sense anyway.

Or, it would make the habit of players flooding to the winning team instead of reinforcing the ones that struggle even worse... Some servers have more than enough problems with outnumbering as it is!
  4. xXxBONESxXx

The only reason SOE will consider doing anything is when it is in their best financial interest to do so. The only way to get them to do what you want is to MAKE it their best interest, by 'paying' customers banding together for any particular issue.

The problem with this, of course, is that each individual paying customer is paying because of some perceived advantage to doing so, which is different for each person (especially with the item shop model being used these days). Once that perception is proved false, they SHOULD stop paying and complain about it to customer service. Of course, this is the logical way things should happen. Gamers, however, are not as logical as they should be when it comes to doling out their money.

The best example of this is the fact that gamers have been getting screwed over for years in buying games that don't come close to meeting the promises put forth in the game's overzealous marketing campaigns, some of those games didn't work at all for weeks after launch, and yet gamers keep telling the offending companies "shut up and take my money"; proving time and time again, that a fool and his money are easily parted.

In cases such as this, however, where people spend real money to purchase an advantage (perceived or otherwise) only to have SOE change the mechanics such that that advantage no longer exists, then a refund is in order...just as with any product.

What you are purchasing in the item shop is not a virtual item, but skill points (in the form of SC) to use in obtaining whichever virtual items you want. So in that sense, I would say that paying customers should get a refund to SC and all items purchased with that SC returned to the bit bucket whenever large changes to game mechanics are made. SOE learned this lesson the hard way with the SWG debacle (as well as others), and it would behoove them to take advantage of the fact that, in this case at least, SC and items purchased with it are both easily tracked (all the data already exists).

Should EVERYONE get a refund to skill points? Hell No! Should paying customers get a refund to SC? Hell Yes!

TLDR: In short, what SOE is selling in the item shop is an advantage in playing the game, perceived or otherwise (even if it is just an advancement to their progress). SC should be refunded, not skill points.

*Edited for clarity.
  5. JudgeDeath

I earn my certs ... what are we now .. beggars ?
  6. Slyguy65

You need to learn more about the FREE to PLAY model...
  7. Slyguy65

Earn it through??? what?

Farming?

Not everyone is ok with the SALARY system they have in this game. I am not surprised people want a "REWARD".
  8. TheWolf1973

Beta testing?!?! Since when does a game after release have a six month fix everything plan? If a game has a six month fix everything plan it should be at least in ALPHA testing not after effing RELEASE!
  9. Brissles

Let's also not forget the hundreds of certs and XP lost during the early unstable Miller days.
  10. Xasapis

Well, it is natural for mmos to evolve and sometimes move to directions that were not even envisioned when they originally launched. People are too hang up on the FPS part, conveniently forgetting about the MMO bit. A game that does not evolve, stagnates.
  11. JohnnyMaverik

They should give BR1's who have just started 10 cert points as opposed to 0 (always, not just January 30th)... they should give us nothing, work for that shotgun boy, aint nobody guna give it to you.
  12. wrenched

also I want a pony
    • Up x 2
  13. TheWolf1973

It is not evolved when they are fixing what is broken. Evolved would be adding additional/new content to the game. Not fixing a broken base game.
  14. FateJH

I've neither lost nor gained in any of the game's patches. You're just making poor decisions.
  15. Intruder313

They won't give out Certs but I'd expect a celebratory, testing-incentive 2x XP Weekend at least.
  16. Highway_Star

They should have given us a respec button from the very beginning. PS1 has it.
  17. italktowalls

please forgive me i forgot people take everything seriously on the internet.
  18. FateJH

PS1 is also not as forgiving in the certification department as the PS2 is. You actually had to plan in advance for what you wanted to be able to do in PS1 for any given character, whereas the only limit to what you can do with any character in PS2 is time and money. And faction, somewhat.
  19. MyOdessa

You are all correct, after wonderful (ongoing) 30th January patch release, who needs any incentives. ROFLMAO.
  20. KodanBlack

SOE has done a double XP weekend as a thank you for sticking with them through, as they put it, their "growing pains". It was in December. I can't remember which weekend it was, but it may have been the weekend before, or of, Christmas. Considering that this is a free to play game that really kicks *** and has a damn good development team, I'll stick with 'em to see where this goes.

Does it have issues? Sure! So do all games. I'm surprised with the scale that SOE is working with, we don't have more problems.

Just my 2 cents.