[Guide] SOE inherent weapon logic explained

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tnsr, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xGreedFuSioN

the pistols do half what the sniper rifles do, and lose that down to 1/4th past 8 meters, so
  2. xGreedFuSioN

Ugh you silly thing, nobody uses semi auto snipers.
    Nobody.
    plus the NS44 Can't have a scope, so its useless past say 75m. also I'm pretty sure the damage falls off to 225 past 8m, and the starting semi auto has a faster ROF and reload. (I think faster reload, haven't tested)
  3. JudgeDeath

This actually explains why 99% are designed to be bland and joyless. Afterall we dont want people to LIKE guns or ENJOY shooting guns, even virtual guns.
  4. Tnsr

Sure nobody does, because they SUCK. At least you understood the point, even if you didn't yet realise.
    There's two points to consider, no matter if balance is more important than logic.
    1. for that huge amount of damage the revolver handles much too easy.
    2. compared to pistols ALL semi automatic rifles still handle much too bad, no matter if they were buffed, especially the snipers.
    All I want it are less totally random weapon stats and a more logical way weapons handle compared to each other.
  5. Rhaeyn

Don't the 1st gen TR- and NC-SMGs have moving parts that would hit the shooter in the throat, everytime they shoot?
  6. Aegie

Or damage- 450*170 << 400*231.

Or any of the bolt actions where raw damage >> raw damage of the revolver.
  7. Mambakiller

$
    • Up x 1
  8. Aegie

Semi-auto sniper rifles fire much faster and hence have better dps- do some math 450*170 << 400*231.

They also have 0 COF compared to the pistol's 0.2.

They also retain damage better at greater distances. Pistol drops to 225 damage at 45m (that is 45 meters- basically towards the beginning of mid range) whereas the semi-auto sniper rifles have 334 at 75m (towards the end of mid range). Semi-auto sniper rifles also have somewhat lower recoil and faster bullet velocity.

Semi-auto sniper rifles are fine if you learn how to use them well- but yeah, generally, for sniping, you would want to go with one of the bolt actions.
  9. HYpnocrite

I think it's kind of ridiculous how I can shoot down a Reaver with an LMG (like I did last night while he was attempting to lolpod our armored column)
  10. Lividicus!

Dear SoE.

I just wanted to take a few minutes out of my day and say **** YOU! This is getting to be ******** playing this game at all! I understand you "think" that the weapons are "balanced". But, fact is, this is the worse balanced game I've ever played in my entire life! WHY DO I KEEP PLAYING? Well, because I gave you MONEY! I paid you for weapons, then, you decided the weapons I purchased needed Nerfed. Then, you decided to make the God Damn NC Guass Saw the ability to take down anything in the game except Aircraft. That weapon is RIDICULOUS! It has the ability to put on virtually ANY attachment in the game, and has the MOST damage and the LEAST recoil! I went 1v1 against a NC heavy 5 times in the last 10 minutes. He killed me in 1/2 a second EACH TIME! Meanwhile, I've got a stupid Carbine that not only doesn't support attachments, it's recoil is like holding onto a .50 cal gattling gun! You can't control this ******* thing! And if you can, you have to "tap, tap, tap" the **** out of it in order to maintain accuracy!

WHAT IS THE POINT OF HIGH RATE OF FIRE WHEN THE DAMN ACCURACY FLIES OUT THE WINDOW?!?! I'm lucky to put 5 rounds into an NC before I die. If you devs took two minutes out of you day to log on and feel what we feel. You would make progress! AND DON'T TELL ME IT'S HARD TO REWRITE CODE! It would take 30 seconds to rewrite the damn damage of these guns and fix it! Hell, it would take 20 minutes for someone to rewrite the damage on all the ******* weapons!

Why am I mad? Because I have given you almost 100 dollars already, only to have you release NEW weapons that are FAR superior to the ones I JUST purchased! I'm not sure why you chose a "carrot on a string" business model. But you can be certain that you won't get ANY new customers with that approach! Even now, you have 0 new members, the only ones I see in game or on forum are the fan boys that either played PS1, or the ragers that paid you their HARD EARNED money to play this game, and don't want to just throw that money down the toilet! SPEAK UP! TELL US WHAT THE **** YOURE GONNA DO TO FIX THIS GAME! QUIT RELEASING 100 SHOTGUNS AND NEW CARROTS EACH WEEK, AND FIX THE DAMN CARROTS YOU ALREADY HAVE!

I apologize for the rage. But I can't stand to play this ******* game more than 30 minutes because all I encounter are ADADADAD spammers, hackers, and weapons that FAR outperform ANYTHING that is available to MY FACTION. (I REFUSE to switch factions when IVE ALREADY PAID to be on this one!) And why should I? I want to play TR, because I WANT TO! So, what's so wrong about asking for SIMPLE equality! The only thing we have that is even close to better than the other factions is our ESF, and that's only if you're a good pilot. Our snipers are inferior, our assaults are inferior, our heavies, our maxes, Why do you hate the TR, why the **** can't I just get a game that is fair! Like the one YOU PROMISED!

You'll be releasing new MAX upgrades, new guns, and more stupid visual decals for tanks/planes. Yet you will sit with a thumb in your *** all day long watching the NC use the DEFAULT weapon at BR100. Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that?!?!
  11. Sinoby

I have one advice for people that have issues managing recoil - burst fire. TR told NC to burstfire from the first day of release, try to follow this perfect advice!
  12. RadarX

We'll go ahead and close this as it's gone a pretty non-constructive route.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.