[Guide] SOE inherent weapon logic explained

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tnsr, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tnsr

I think it is time to clarify SOEs understanding of physics and their weapon design.
    So here is the explanation why you fail while playing PS2:

You are holding your weapon the wrong way!

Proof is given with the new revolver. This handgun deals more damage than a sniper rifle. Well, we almost could stop explaining the utter idiocy of SOEs weapon design right here, but I want to explain what you have to do to be successful. That revolver we have does not only deal more damage than a sniper rifle, it even handles much better than a sniper rifle, and suddenly I understood why. This is logical, because everyone knows you have better handling of rifles when you are holding it with BOTH hands on the pistol grip. I am sure military and physics experts will aproof of this. Right now I don't understand why soldiers are not equipped only with automatic pistols as main weapons, they are easier to handle than automatic rifles!
    Moral of the story: hold all of your rifles, especially sniper rifles, on the pistol grip with both hands, it will improve your handling dramatically. SOE, please change the animation for all weapons so it makes more sense how weapons handle in your game.

Two thumbs up for you, SOE.
    • Up x 13
  2. Sebastien

You mean like this
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  3. Tnsr

No, that would be too logical for SOE. Only the pistol grip!
    • Up x 3
  4. SuBs

Since this game launched it has become very obvious that not a single soul on PS2's weapon design team has even the faintest understanding of the anatomy of a firearm or of how one is used.
    • Up x 7
  5. Hisenburg

John Smedley is anti-gun and SOE is based in San Diego, what did you expect?
    • Up x 8
  6. SpcFarlen

Its funny that you are all trying to explain a sci-fi game where we are all clones of a soldier sent into a perpetual meatgrinder. Where also little robots, nanites, make up all weapons, vehicles and even structures. These nanites can kill us, heal us and even bring us back to life after taking a rocket to the face. Yet realism?

Its a game, set place on a fictional planet, with fictional technology. You can not, and should not, take technology of today and compare it to that which is fictional because of course you can always fabricate a legitimate answer to this "physics problem"

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  7. Tnsr

I see, nanites also negate all logic that exists?
    • Up x 3
  8. Oreo202

'Does more damage than a sniper rifle' wat? which sniper?
  9. SpcFarlen

Without the Nanites, life could not exist and we would have no knowledge of Logic. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of Logic. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you.

Commisioner -450dmg (170 rpm)
    All semi snipers -400dmg (231 rpm)

A more interesting note that OP never mentioned is that Sniper rifles have 0.0 CoF, the pistol has 0.2. Should make that judgement much easier as to what is better for precision shooting...
  10. Oreo202

Ah, those aren't really snipers, they're more like guns made of awful.
  11. Leo Di Caprio

Sci-fi games are the new excuse to imbalance and mediocrity.

Didn't ya know?
  12. ColdCheezePizza

baddie rifles
  13. SuBs

So because it's sci-fi, it's fine for the guns in PS2--which are largely based on and function the same as today's weapons--to be aesthetically/functionally/anatomically incorrect?

I'm sorry, but that's really dumb.
  14. -Synapse-

What are you talking about? SOE knows exactly how you hold a gun:
    [IMG]
  15. FateJH

Why can't we dual wield sniper rifles with nanites?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. SuBs

John Smedley tries to appear as politically correct as he can because he thinks it makes him look good. Positively disgraceful chap.
  17. phreec

Jokes aside. Balance > Realism & RL logic.

Scout rifles and Revolvers are both accurate, low RoF, high damage weapons but designed for completely different ranges. A Revolver can't do the same a Scout Rifle can at 200 meters for example...
  18. Shinrah

Well, ever tried to hit with that pistol over the ranges you can with a sniper rifle? It has probably the worst ironsight for longer ranges. Anything farther away than a couple of meters causes it to block out your target, and it doesn´t exactly hit where it should according to the ironsight either.
    Also, unlesss you´re in a CQC situation it takes quite some hits to take out enemies, between 4-6 shots beyond medium range.
    I usually only need one bullet with my sniper to kill, regardless of class. The NS44 can only kill Infiltrators with a headshot, and only close up, and even then only if they do not wear Nanofiber Vests.

There are many questionable decissions SOE made regarding weapon balancing and introduction. You Sir, however, picked the one weapon they did well.
  19. VexTheRaven

Your sniper does not one-hit at any range either, at least not without a headshot.
  20. Shinrah

Like I said, try going for headshots beyond close range with the NS44, the Ironsight will make it a real challenge. With a Sniperrifle and 8-12x scopes its a walk in the park. You can easily oneshot most players up to ranges of 300-400m with headshots, you can´t with the NS44, even if you would hit the head over that range you´d need 3 or 4 headshots.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.