[Suggestion] SOE, if and when you merge EU servers:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bankrotas, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Ronin Oni

I'm not even EU and I know that the EU needs to halve it's server count.

Maybe SOE needs to wait on the Pro7 accounts to all get merged to do it easier or something?

I dunno, but EU having 4 servers when US has 2 seems off.
  2. IamDH

DISCUSS! Also mention the server you think it should be merged with
    • Up x 2
  3. Ronin Oni

All EU servers should be merged

Biggest pop merged with least, and 2 mid pop merged together.

There should be 2 US servers and 2 EU servers.

BATTLES FOR EVERYONE!
  4. gigastar

Id prefer Woodman.
    • Up x 1
  5. Raap

I already personally assumed something like this might be why they currently are not discussing EU merges, ProSieben likely owns the EU servers.
  6. Loken

Merge the 4 down to 2 at first.

Call them :- Wer and Ner. Then, once there are more continents available, merge the 2 into 1 and call it WERNER.

Simples!
  7. Burning Mustache

No they don't. SOE devs have repeatedly said that the game servers themselves are owned and operated by SOE. It would also be tremendously complicated to synchronize server updates between SOE and ProSieben every single time they push an update, etc.
    All ProSieben used to do was handle account registration, payment and log in, as far as I'm aware.

It's not unlikely that the account transfers are a reason for them not merging EU servers at this point in time but the game servers themselves are definitely owned by SOE, as per their own claims.
  8. Leftconsin

Eventually all servers will merge into one.
  9. Plunutsud pls

Ceres seems to have the lowest VS pop of all the EU servers, so should be merged with Woodman.
  10. Goretzu

Fair point, but that only excludes seperate times, not using the worldwide minimum to start downtime (10-11 am).

(assuming a switch in the launcher is "unpossible"! :eek: )
  11. St0mpy

An SOE dev disagrees with you.
  12. Pikachu

I always felt like Cobalt and Ceres belongs together. :D But both have the populations of NC>TR>VS so no good idea. :L
  13. Pikachu

This topic is getting old. We all know populations have declined since april or so.
    • Up x 1
  14. Niller

It is still relevant though, the EU servers need merging.
  15. Ribero

Perhaps EU players can take hope from the Waterson-Matherson Merge, and the PSG to SOE account shift thingy, that an EU server merge is being considered/Will be considered.
  16. Shadowsun

Miller would be nic but cobalt's nice too, woodman seems to have least amount of competition at least in infantry section =)
  17. IamDH

Agreed