[Suggestion] SOE, if and when you merge EU servers:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bankrotas, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Robertooooo

It's not even a question IF the 4 EU servers need to be merged into 2. It's a question when this will be done?
    • Up x 3
  2. Munq

Game is really dying, huh?
    • Up x 1
  3. NinjaKirby

Hear Hear, this needs to happen. Without an alert Amerish & Esamir are almost always devoid of life compared to how they used to be. In a way Cont locking will hopefully alleviate this, and push people onto one less continent, but I'd rather seeing myself queuing again to play at prime time then there be lacklustre populations at most hours of the day.

I haven't had to queue to play on a continent in what feels like at least a year.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gemenai

I can only speak in case of Ceres but man Esamir and Amerish are dead as hell. Only some kind of life during alerts).
    And even on Indar it is sometimes hard to find 48+ fights.
    Always killing the usual subjects.
    But as always no one ceres about Ceres about... like the other european server ( so it seems to me).
    • Up x 2
  5. KratosAngel

That would indeed be a good thing.
    Can definitely confirm that on Woodman, it's pretty empty ... offpeak hours, there aren't any big fights.
    During primetime, well, there are 2 or 3 regions maximum with fights ... rest is empty or 1-12 lost men :D

If they haven't discussed it for EU while doing it for US, they probably really don't care about EU.
    • Up x 1
  6. Longasc

Indeed. Neither Matherson nor Waterson really needed that nerfed. Compared to the four EU servers they were both overcrowded.

This is making me furious. I am already only logging in to collect certs atm. I also think they can forgot about me playing H1Z1 or EQN or renewing my All Access with that attitude. Sick of throwing money after SOE for this treatment, it's not like they had no competitors and if they let PS2 EU rot away there is no reason and will on my part to pay them a single cent anymore.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bankrotas

They weren't busy enough not to merge XXXXXson servers toghether.

This leads to so many interpretations and some of them are not pretty. I have to account your position in the company and there are few possibilities: SOE didn't talk about EU servers at all while talking about US EAST server merge; you (the devs) forgot about EU servers; the decision was negative and would be controversial, if you said it straight; the decision was positive, but delayed due to Hossin and would be bad PR to state it this way, because it leads to view that US customers to you are more important and you view EU customers as second rate.

Could say, it's not as strong as it once used to be. Millers population dropped 7-10 times in size from launch going from biggest server of all PS2 servers with 10-11% of all players to being now biggest by 100-200 more players of EU servers.
  8. vsae

In terms of population it is like this currently
    1. Miller
    2. Woodman
    3. Cobalt
    4. Ceres
    So mergin woodman with miller will make no sense.
    Miller + Ceres ~ Cobalt + Woodman
    Although it will kind of make woodman airgame even more ****tier lol.
  9. Goretzu

That makes no sense.

ESO has US and EU servers (both based in the US currently), they bring them down at different times to keep the US server off US Prime Time and the EU server off EU Prime Time.

Even SOE used to (long ago) bring servers down at the worldwide minimum (which is about 10-11am GMT) which again would move it off EU PT (although it might be a problem for Aus/Far East).

But there's loads of MMO companies that have either had a seperate schedule for EU servers or use the world-wide minimum for server downtime.

SOE just does it this way because it wants too, not because it cannot be done any other way. :confused:

(having said that it is not the end of the world, so long as they aren't having 3+ downtimes in a week as they have occasionally)
    • Up x 2
  10. Raap

With a big update coming this week, what better time could there ever be to merge the four EU servers into two?

I got to be honest here, I haven't played myself in a fair while, and have waited for more content to be added. However another big reason for why I play less is because the game is dead outside of primetime (plus I hate Indar).

Miller and Woodman, Cobalt and Ceres. Please make it happen before this week's content patch, any players you gain from that patch might actually stick around if they can find people to play with or against.
    • Up x 1
  11. Plunutsud pls

Emerald already has more action in off hours than Ceres during prime time.
  12. CEGrif

do wat the US servers did ask smed on Twitter
  13. m44v

Yep.
  14. Rachitynowy

Be patient. They have to wait how population will be after Hossin(which should boost pop at least temporarly) and after they have solid data they will reconsider merging more. If EU users pop will burst they won't merge anything.
    Yet i think that 3-4 weeks after this update we will see at least something official from devs
  15. ElastaPlast

There are currently too few players to fill three continents, so how will adding a fourth help this situation? SOE you really should be discussing server merges in EU. I swapped continents to Esamir the other night and the VS population went from 13% to 17%, so 1-2 players equated to 1% population. This kind of thing is becoming the norm on Cobalt, unless you still like Indarside.
    • Up x 2
  16. Raap

That's not a concern. They could add 10 continents and it will be perfectly fine as long as continent locking results in no more than 2 or 3 continents being playable at any given time. This is why continent locking and new continents go hand in hand, and probably one of the reasons why they waited with Hossin for two years.
  17. ElastaPlast

There aren't enough players to currently fill the 3 continents we currently have, so adding new lockable continents will not improve the situation. There still won't be enough players to fill the 2-3 unlocked continents.
    Don't get me wrong I'm for continent locking, to at least stand a chance of playing somewhere other than Indar and get a meaningful fight. As far as the majority of EU players are concerned server merge is more important than an incomplete new continent with limited locking capabilities being introduced.
  18. ironeddie

This is true. It's the difference between what's convenient for the devs working a normal day and what's best for the playerbase. ESO does whats best for the players. SOE does what's best for its staff.
    • Up x 1
  19. DFDelta

While that is true, those game also use different clients (or have a switch in the launcher that allows you to select) for NA and EU players.
    Different downtimes for NA/EU might require a complete overhaul of the launcher and the whole log-in system, which might not be feasible.

That said, I'm also a EU player and annoyed by the EU downtimes :/
    • Up x 1
  20. Jur270

IMO Ceres is the Briggs of EU, (except they are just one ) but i mean only weekends are big battles atleast on 3 continets but then 1 fight in indar and the other 2 totally empty, then indar is empty
    • Up x 2