SOE Holiday "Sale" Sucks So Far

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FnkyTwn, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Wargrim

Today, ALL Helmets & Armours are 50% off - awesome! This is exactly what i have been waiting for, and i grabbed quite a few. :)

However, i still have a question: Does anyone know if the Corsair Helmet for the TR has been removed from the store, or if this is possibly a bug? Because i can not find it, and it is one of the helmets i was intending to buy.
  2. BanthaFodder

Now they just need to discount the grey scales camo and I'm all set. :D
  3. NoctD

I kept looking and looking and I can't seem to find any TR helmets I'm really crazy about. Sadness. :(

Between the Bahamut, Dreadnought and MAX Maniac, I seem to have all the helmets I really need.
  4. Schwak

Control helmet, must, have, control, helmet..........................
    [IMG]
  5. BetterFasterStronger

I got the MAX manic helmet + ogre amour. Made my day good :D
  6. Pootisman

It must have been members only double XP weekend because i got normal XP rewards during the whole weekend.
  7. BetterFasterStronger

Yep, it was.
  8. Pootisman

I have a similar attitude, but for me, the biggest problem isnt the lack of content. My PS2 problem toplist:
    • bugs: Some bugs take months to get fixed, some will probably never be fixed, i.e. medkit bug or vehicle ejection seat bug
    • performance problems: There are some blatant performance issues, like certain particle effects causing massive FPS drops. Some of them exist since forever.
    • lag: The "epic" battles with 100+ players are a laggy mess. 10m render distance, one-hit-deaths and enemies shooting around corners are standard experience in these fights.
  9. OldMaster80

The game runs great on my pc, but still we have this ping jumping to 23450908098 on Miller.
    But you know, this is not an important problem, we have new Player Studio Helmets!!!

Current PS2 situation is just ridicolous, Higby should get his butt spanked hard by mr. Smedley.
  10. BellyLintFarmer

Will holiday horns be listed on the depot? Christmas has passed and still no sleigh bells, no elf giggles, and no kazoo.
  11. Wargrim

Todays deal: 50% off on all Boosts.
  12. NLLN

Waiting for infantry camos & voice packs. Tho I doubt voice packs will go on sale.
  13. Wargrim

Well, SOE did hear you and decided to put Voice Packs at 50% today.
    • Up x 1
  14. sixoo

there are also Bundles on sale. (composite pack, lightning pack, etc etc). only the christmasd bundle isn't 50% off.
  15. NLLN

Sweet. Now I get to sound like Arnold.
  16. Who Garou

I get e-mails and I haven't been sent a code.
    I have been All Access since it started.
    I can't even get into PlanetSide 2 (suddenly locked up on the night of the 12/23 after I had been playing for several hours).

So, yeah, the sale seems to be going over real well.

What do you think my customer satisfaction level with SOE is at this point?
  17. RobotNinja

I haven't played PS2 in about 9 or 10 months and I just started playing again this week and this is crazy but I was just thinking how awesome it would be if SOE took all the weapons I had paid cash for and fundamentally changed their mechanics, nerfed them into complete garbage and then made new weapons that were basically like the old weapons before they nerfed them, e.g. nerf knives then make new ones or take weapons like the Striker for example and completely change how they function, making it basically worthless. Then you would have the fun of grinding even more or just shelling out more cash to get the new stuff that's basically the same as the old stuff before it was nerfed.

And...you're not going to believe this but...it's like SOE read my mind!

And then what else...bugs from the closed/open beta making a reappearance on the scene, bugs from closed/open beta that have been completely ignored, lackluster progress on promised updates and roadmap objectives, breaking current gameplay, the neverending performance teeter-totter and much, much more.

I don't know about you guys but my Christmas came early this year.
    • Up x 1
  18. TheKhopesh

It was implants about 4-5 days ago as well.
    That's disappointing.
  19. NoctD

LOL I posted that 4-5 days ago. Today (12/27) its voice packs actually.

I suspect we'll see most of the store items available for 50% off (except the holiday bundle stuffs) in the next few days, they're probably waiting to put up weapons at the very end, since they're having these 99/89SC promotions and people might be upset if they bought it sooner at 50% and saw it available for less in a few days. And camo might be the last day of sales again probably.
  20. Syphers

The Spectre helmet is great with gray scales I really like it and i'm waiting for the Skymaster http://imgur.com/a/QZGXH

But yeah there seem to be an evil/sinister/miner looking trend with TR helmets that i'm not into lol
    • Up x 1