SOE Holiday "Sale" Sucks So Far

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FnkyTwn, Dec 22, 2014.

1. FnkyTwn

Compared to previous years sales, this one seems like a bust. This year you get a series of codes to buy SC in various amounts, while last year and the year before they had 50% off on everything. Why not give everybody playing a good deal? What about people new to the game who didn't sign up for the email? What about all the people who apparently signed up for the email but aren't getting them, or those who got "already used" codes in their mailbox?

This should be a no-brainer for any company looking to make money:
    -Customers have the money
    -SOE wants the money
    -SOE puts up a bunch of dumb rules and road blocks preventing them from getting the money

This all seems poorly thought out, and then on top of everything else, it was poorly executed.

What gives SOE? Lil Kim got you down?
    • Up x 14
  2. NoctD

Relax - the deals are just starting. There's 99SC for all and 89SC for members daily sales - will probably run till New Year's, and there's different categories that goes on 50% off sale each day. Today's is implants.
    • Up x 5
  3. Foxirus

I dunno, I got double SC from mine. Then I realized "Holy ****.. I am running out of things I can buy with station cash..."
  4. K2k4

I haven't received one email buti chalk it up to signing up for email last Friday. No email and I pay nothing simple as that.

0.00 from the sale restrictions or 15ish if they had just done a normal "deals" sale like last year. Their choice.
  5. OldMaster80

I'm just deleting those emails. I don't want to spend money in PS2 as long as they don't start again a serious program of development. Where is the roadmap? Where are missions? Where is the rest of the resources revamp? When will they fix the Valkyrie? Where are the battle islands? SOE it's a major game developer but their communication sucks. PS2 is supposed to be one of their top quality games and we (the community, those who loved PS1, and have been here suggesting, playing and discussing for 2,5 years!) don't even know what's going on.

If they ask me what's the impression that I got right now about PS2 is it seems SOE reduced the staff working on it. Just look how many months did it take to have the knives online.

I'm sick and tired of waiting for them to complete what they started, they can give me 5X SC and apply a 50% discount on everything: they won't see a single cent from me.
    • Up x 10
  6. Auzor

It feels like the sales are late,
    and the email thing is just a code lottery... no thank you SoE.
    But: I'm convinced deals are coming. (insert obligatory Sean Bean picture at your leasure);
    see: AV turret deal today.

So far, underwhelmed.. but New Year is still a while off.
    • Up x 1
  7. FieldMarshall

All i got for opting in the email (before the deadline) has been a survey.

Going to "opt out". Hope i dont get any more "gifts"...
    Not sure why i got my hopes up for one single soe event without bugs, confusions and poorly hidden moneygrab stunts.
    • Up x 4
  8. Cest7

I selected PS2 newsletters only and received absolutely nothing from SOE.

On top of the fiasco that was this patch, things are not looking so good.

Atleast they were successful with the winter event, albeit being way too easy.
  9. steverogers

What exactly is the point in buying SC anymore. This game has only gone severely downhill for years now. Don't waste your money.
    • Up x 1
  10. Azarga

Never got promo emails, but plan throwing some SC on both 99/89SC and 50% sales.

But 1SC sales last year were better (omg SOE raised prices on holiday sales 99 times! the horror!):p
  11. Dunkarooo

I never got any promotional email which I signed up for newsletters to get weeks ago. This morning I got a survey from SOE. Lol. I would see that as some sort of slap in the face if I wanted SC at the moment but I can take it or leave it.

I agree with the OP. There is no reason to make it hard for customers to hand over money when they their fingers are literally in the wallet and SOE basically is saying hey why don't you wait a few days and if you happen to be paying attention on christmas day or around then you can pay us then. I just don't understand.
    • Up x 1
  12. MallowChunkage

I don't understand, is the survey how you get the SC discount codes? Or are they only being sent to all access people or what?
  13. FnkyTwn

I think most people got the survey, but it has nothing to do with the codes.

If you haven't gotten codes yet, then you're not going to get any. Merry Christmas!
  14. BunnyBread

The amount of entitlement in this thread is mind-blowing. You are not entitled to a sale that meets your standards. They put out a sale that they think will make them money, and you can choose to buy it or not.
    • Up x 1
  15. MallowChunkage

Oh :/
    I guess at least there's the member sale?
    Got the CQX which I wanted at any rate.
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

i'm not sure about this, feels like they don't care about how much SC you bought, all they want - subscribers. i don't understand this.
    • Up x 1
  17. KirthGersen

I don't believe anyone have spent money for implant pack. This "sale" is an absurd.
    • Up x 1
  18. Claviarm

May I ask what the basis is for thinking these sales will run until New Year's? I haven't seen any official statement to that effect. Did it work that way last year?
  19. RadarX

The sales will run until New Years. Hope that helps.
    • Up x 1
  20. Claviarm

Thank you for the clarification.