SOE clawback on purchase errors is awful business

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phazaar, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Inex

Apologies. Apparently it's the Bank of Madoff.
  2. Phazaar

Happy to, but it makes me sad you didn't enjoy SWG :/ It still covers my favourite year of life online (I won't go as far as 'on this earth', but it's pretty close ;) ).

My mistake; apologies.
  3. Phazaar

Hahaha is that jealousy or pity? I was pretty content when compared with what else I can get in this country - hell, it's even better than one of my company credit accounts!
  4. Daemeon

I have had conversations with people that had directly encouraged the use of bugs in the game to try and get stuff you have to pay for for free. That is toxic. It hurts the bottom line AND it does add costs as you need to spend money and resources dealing with not only the first toxic customer but those that they have encouraged to become toxic as well.

Would it be great PR for them to let those customers keep what they did not pay for? Sure.

It would not be good for the bottom line though. And that, no matter how you slice it, is the main and ONLY driving force for a corporation.
  5. Daemeon

6. Tragachinos

If they going to remove items that have been purchased without SC withdraw, they might as well refund difference of SC cost on some items, am I right?. For example those weapons that I bought for 1000 SC and now they are costing 100-250 SC.
    Never going to happen ;(
  7. Inex

Friendly ribbing over an obviously made up example of banking behavior, and an obviously made up example of banking interest rates.

Just because I see you trolling, doesn't mean I need to get mad and yell at you for it. :)
  8. Phazaar

Lol, I assume you must bank in the states... Regardless, I love that my bank is 'too good to be true' for you; they may be cretinous fools at times, but they're clearly damned good on paper.
  9. Phazaar

So you're now grouping -every- customer that was erroneously not charged by SOE into a group of people breaching the EULA and attempting to propagate theft by way of exploitation?

I really hope one of your items gets taken back. It'll be hilarious. I know you'll white knight it out and immediately buy it again, but just. It'd crack me up.
  10. Nocturnal7x

Ya see, there are good companies, and then there is SOE.
    • Up x 1
  11. MajiinBuu

12. Daemeon

No... you just wanted an example. I gave you one.

And if for some reason I did get something and not got charged for it you bet I would be honest enough to give it back OR pay for it. I see no good reason to benefit dishonest or dumb people.
  13. Daemeon