So my infiltrator friends....what is the most satisfying moments for you?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mr.Seacucumber, Apr 6, 2013.

1. NeverSayDie

Support sniping, counter-sniper, flanking, overwatch, etc. Clearing out enemy snipers that are hiding out on the flanks, behind my guys, up on one of our towers, etc. Shooting into a firefight from an overwatch position way further back and saving teammates who are in trouble or outnumbered. Taking out HAs that are harassing friendly vehicles. Picking off LAs that are trying to flank. Dropping engineers off their turrets. Getting into an enfilade position and disrupting an enemy line, thinning out an attack, or suppressing enemies trying to focus on my guys. Sniping doesn't have to be camping out in the hills racking up pointless CoD kills, definitely a support role there.

To pick one specific moment, I'm gradually getting the hang of the bolt-action - I'm not much of a shot, and when I first trialed the thing, I couldn't pull distance headshots often enough to make it remotely effective. I eventually started getting the feel of it - the other evening, I cleared off the five guys manning a wall tower over the course of ten or fifteen seconds. Hardly spectacular (it was from a tower or two over, so can't have been much range), but getting there from mostly-missed headshots is definitely satisfying.
    • Up x 1
  2. drNovikov

It happens very rare.
  3. Slaidd

I had one instance that stands out, where I was sniping with my Longshot in the area to the south of TI Alloys. There was an enemy heavy running across the field in front of me, probably 250 to 300 meters out, so not a huge distance. I landed a headshot and dropped him at a dead sprint, which even that, I was pretty proud of. Then a few seconds later, while I was reloading, a medic runs up and rezes the heavy. As soon as the heavy got up and started running again, I dropped him a second time on the run, with another headshot. Then as the medic started to rez him a second time, I dropped the medic with a headshot as well.

It wasn't a battle-winning type of moment, but it was definitely a moment that I remember yelling hell yeah and laughing out loud at. My wife of course thought I was crazy.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mythicrose12

I get a kick out of finding a cluster of 3+ enemies hanging out behind a box, wall, etc and dropping proximity mines on them (even if it means my death).
    • Up x 2
  5. TeknoBug

Managing to get behind enemy lines and having the time to uncloak and unload my Artemis into some enemies and still not be detected due to their gunfire drowning out my cloak noise.
  6. A 59 c

Headshoting LAs out of the sky is a timeless classic. One second they're flying though the air looking oh so cool, throwing their C4 around then BAM they are glowering at your kill screen wondering how often you actually pull those shots off...
    • Up x 3
  7. GSZenith

turning around and hsing the baddie with infil smg before he takes down my shield :)
    and hack turret and fudge bads with lolpods.
  8. Valena

I already posted my story, but for a less wordy moment of fun...

Don't mind the music, my man likes it when I use epic tunes :oops:
    • Up x 2
  9. kr0naa

i play infy with smg almost exclusively now.

and its the best class i ever played, in this game and beyond. i have max certed everything, from nanoweare to darts to cloak to hacking, i have both blitz and cyclone (blitz is slightly better) and im really enjoying it.

i think the most epic moment happend near the crosroads watchtower. so the VS and TR are pushing from the sides of the hill and i take a looong, loong walk to get all the way behind them.vs on one side of hill, tr just 300m from it, while my NCs was deflacting the attacks from base. SO i creeped to TR group, about 8-9 guys. completely from the behind.. delt with at turrets first, this guys dident know what hit em. runned trough them, dropped 2 bettys, waited a bit. 3-4 guys left, come back, owned them with smg :) after re-arming on THEIR ammo, i creeped to VS. since i was already satisfied with my run, i dident care much if i die, i just runned close by cloaked, threw EMP nade and started smashing. at this point i was badly wounded cuz VS had a damn sundy and they were respawning. so am at 1hp tryin to survive and BAM there comes 2 of my NCS ligthtinings and end-game it completely clearing them out :) it was a damn nice killstreak, i wld say 17-20 people, and im still alive :D it was epic.

also 1 thing. nanoweare on max lvl will make you survive HS from enemy sniper while you are checking the map :) leaving you on 1 hp, but hey, u wld be dead without it :)
    • Up x 1
  10. CobraJD

Ever cloaked and jumped onto an enemies head off a capture point? Because the capture bar had stopped, all the enemies in the room started shooting each other and throwing grenades. (Spy!!!) The winner was the guy i was on, then i sniped him, naturally. Also, they were TR - :p
    You see some pretty weird things as Infiltrator. It's pretty funny going somewhere like the crown and watching what enemies do when they think no one is around, Teabagging, dancing, killing each other, doing parkour over vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  11. Stinneyt

I pull it off almost every time I log in.
  12. Rhyl

My most satisfying moment was when I was on the crown with my SMG in the tower killing everyone. This wasn't the usual run of 5-6 kills before dying. I was up there for 45 minutes. I was so successful that one guy in particular began whining about his team being unable to bring me down. The Terran told him to stop venturing in the tower and to stop feeding me certs. Eventually the tower became vacant and I starter peppering them with the turrets which ended up all getting destroyed. There were some more attempts to find me but I was really quick at hiding and assassinating. I also occasionally re-supplied at their own terminal for more ammunition. Eventually things got completely quiet.

So I ventured down to see what was up and got greeted by several max units who wasted me. Whoops. Anyway this isn't something that happens quite often but it was the biggest and longest tower kill streak without dying once. With an SMG no less.
    • Up x 3
  13. Valena

That's why I record all my gameplay now :D
  14. cann0nf0dder

i once chased an enemy infiltrator several miles though an amp station out of pure boredom, he thought several times he had lost me, only to get shot again, i was generous enough to play 20 minutes with him until i killed him, not that i was missing him or the like, i was waiting for him to settle in a silent corner to regenerate a little bit and the second he used his cloaking ability again to make his move, shoot him again, laid traps at generators waiting for him to compromise them, then when he leaves the building another hit .... was really fun (for me) to watch him doing his stuff, getting more nervous every minute :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  15. Ribero

The simple things like shooting people off of moving Flashes and head-shotting other, cloaked Infiltrators.
  16. Stinneyt

Hehe! When I first started playing I headshot someone off a flash, and was very happy with myself.......until I got hit and killed by the flash.
    • Up x 2
  17. RoMoronik666

ok so I used to absolutely LOVE hacking occupied turrets and killing the occupant.... but since the bug this has got dangerous.
    So this is what I do now:

Go behind the turret and place a mine close, but not too close to the turret. As far away as possible while still blocking thier route away from the turret.
    Go find another turret further up, hack it.
    Use it to start firing at the other turret. Yiou can usually get 2-3 accurate shots before they realise what is going on and that it usually too late.
    Now..... the enemy will either keep firing at you or else bug out. If he keeps firing at you he will die because you started firing first! If the enemy runs, he will hit the mine!

Its a great feeling, when you start shooting and suddenly your mine kill flashes up :)

The only problem is if they jump to the ground instead of running back away from the turret into the building, but hey, you cant have everything.
  18. Brainiac88

- Hitting that 250+m headshot coldly calculated
    - NC HA with controlling a Phoenix
    - Kill a revived soldier right after the revive!
  19. dracoio

flew a galaxy into the crown bounced off the crown hip fired my sniper rifle at a LA mid air with drifters knifed him mid air

......then died of fall damage(worth it)
  20. DeathSparx

I got three moments: 1) Getting a headshot on a moving cloaked infiltrator from 400m away. 2) Placing a prox mine right under the feet of a heavy shooting me and not dying. Vanu Prox mines have a nice ability to "glide" through the air a little and 3) Stealing a kill on a fully loaded Liberator from one of my squadmates...with my pistol. :D