So, more Shotguns tomorrow....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vaxx, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Chiss

90 score per minute.

You're not owning anyone...
  2. HadesR

But more and more people will ... The number using them will not decrease ( bar huge nerf's ) it will only increase..
    But Phoenix's were fine because not many people used them ... They should be reverted to OHKing infantry
  3. Jokkie

I am not the Glitch Defender, idiot.
  4. Kunotron

New HE Grenade being released. Does 2x the damage and 2x the explosion radius, but is thrown at 1/2 the speed. 700sc.

New HE Rocket Launcher being released. Portable 150-titan HE cannon for Heavy Assault, but has a long reload. 700sc.

New Pods for ESF. Does 2x the damage and explosion radius but fires at 1/2 the speed. 700sc.

New Super HE cannons for MBTs. Now explodes in a 15m radius but reloads slower and has a 190 velocity. 700sc.

I can do these all day. Contact me SOE if you need another person on your development team. Let us grab as much cash as we can while driving this game into the dirt.
    • Up x 4
  5. Phrygen

http://3.bp.************/-ldroYkgkd-0/UVTFqMCfrjI/AAAAAAAALJQ/9VgE4-FHNWA/s1600/Liam-Neeson.gif
    • Up x 2
  6. GSZenith

Blackjack so close...i can feel it baby come here...
  7. Jokkie

can't wait for the 35+ year old white male hicks yell and rage over the mic when they get killed by the enemy using these metal penises of epic destruction
    • Up x 1
  8. PS2Freak

because it is fun. shotguns are fine and fun. on miller, i dont see everyone run with shotguns.

this is all perceived problems, problem dont exist in reality.

there are times for using shotguns, and there are times for using mid-long range weapons.

i dont understand this panic you all have.

there are so many counters against shotgun user, and yet people fail to use them.

blame yourself and not shotguns

nerf the nerfers!
    • Up x 1
  9. WalrusJones

Slug damage is generally like.... 60% of the shotguns total damage.

But the slug damage is clearly independent of the actual shot, see the shotgun nerfs buffing slugs overall.
    -BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.... We will see.... I doubt they are foolish enough to have 1K damage slugs. Right?
  10. Nenarch

Well more shotties...

Stupid shield to hack-max.. and then to top it all, invisible cloackers with SMG's.. If you haven't tried yet going full squad with cloackers and smg's.. Let's just say, Vanu Comes At Night.. we wiped a frigging hilltop from a platoon with just cloackers. We didn't loose anyone. Who needs to snipe, when you can kill everyone and their medics in one go as you can focus your fire on maxes aswell as they can't see you.

Too many newb friendly compo's in this game. I don't mind the SMG's.. but if you can't see cloackers anymore in EV/Nvision.. how can you see them at night, not to mention bouncing betty spam same time.
    • Up x 2
  11. Rown

I got my shotgun just a few days ago. I expected some degree of easy modeness, but not what I found. You just point it in the enemy's general direction and they explode like water balloons; no control, no aim, nothing else needed. At all. Now I use it in as many loadouts as I can, only using ther weapons for the underbarrel attachments or very long range sniping.
    • Up x 2
  12. PS2Freak

Stupid shield ? You get damage buff to your stupid vanu-max. so tr. i ashamed for your bias.
  13. NDroid

A small anecdote I can share about PA shotguns- I was in a cap point building when I saw a VS and a TR enter from nearby doorways. They both got off exactly 1 shot with their PA shotguns and instagibed each other. This is what CQC combat is becoming-no more firefights, just people running around with shotguns as if it was an arena shooter.

So lets add one more!
    • Up x 4
  14. PS2Freak

there are 99% normal fights ongoing , and from time to time lonely shotguner. at least on miller.

this guys are just so drama.. ohh this drama and ooh that drama.

nerf the drama-queens here!
    • Up x 1
  15. Gavyne

You sound like the pilots that used to liberator spam and farm infantry in mass quantities. You also sound like VS players that used to magrider own the other faction tanks. You further sound like TR players that used to love Prowler HE spam farming. Oh yeah also sound like NC MAX users that had a great time one shotting people.

All of the above were at one time deemed "Fun" and "Fine". Sadly, fun and fine do not make something balanced. Quite the contrary, a lot of these things frustrated and annoyed enough players, that many stopped playing. It's no secret this game's population decline continues, although slowed down somewhat now, it's still not at a point where it can retain players while attracting new ones to grow.
  16. PS2Freak

yeah. bring it on.. mooore drama. It is not secret that nerfers are labile people.

labile people will rage over everything. and if the nerfers and qq-people go, i am just fine with it.

real soldiers stay. sissies go. bye bye
  17. vulkkan

If you think these shotguns look like penises, I'm sorry to say, you need your eyes checked.
  18. Jokkie

i guess you would be more of an expert when it comes to penises
  19. ladiesop

IMO the new shotguns are going to be worse than the 1st batch though (although they look better, thanks to having stocks).

Both one-shot up to ~10m; the new one has 2 more pellets but in exchange its spread is apparently worse, at 3.5 vs. 3 degrees. The older one has a faster rechamber time, which is a limiting factor when both can oneshot.
  20. vulkkan

If that was an attempt to insult me, nice try. -claps-