So, more Shotguns tomorrow....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vaxx, Apr 9, 2013.

1. vaxx

Did we really need more PA Shotties? I really hate to call a nerf to anything, but getting sick Medics, HA, Engi;s, and LA's using nothing but Shotties. Really makes the infantry combat rather dull.

The thing is, once a person gets killed by one, they break theirs out, then kill someone, then that person brings theirs out...so on an so forth.

*Yawn*
    • Up x 13
  2. pR4cs

YES finally, just got Auraxium with the Phobos too.
  3. ACE McFACE

Its supposed to be really slow firing, so don't worry it will be what people wanted the first pump action shotgun to be, if you miss, you're dead.
    • Up x 1
  4. LonelyTerran

Yay more OHK weapons
    The balance guy must be laughing his *** off.
    • Up x 9
  5. vaxx

Ill deal with it, and adapt, I just miss the sound of machine guns, the sight of tracers, and coming around a corner with a group spraying at you. Now all I hear is "Thud, Thud, Thud", and I start thinking....oh....more insta-kill or be killed action :/.
  6. Holomang

They're only OHK if they're next to you.

If you can't figure out a way around this problem you should probably find another game.
    • Up x 1
  7. ACE McFACE

Don't make it out like no one actually uses anything other than shotguns anymore.
    • Up x 3
  8. Phrygen

http://2.bp.************/-bAa7Ue5l_-E/UV_luxvsHXI/AAAAAAAALLo/HJmQMGbZQQM/s1600/goodfellas-laughing.gif
    • Up x 13
  9. Zaik

slightly slower firing and bigger spread but it's two scattercannons worth of damage in one shot.

with extended mags you technically have enough power to drop a MAX in one magazine, though you'd have to figure out how to survive that long.

strictly speaking, it was pretty lulzy to one shot people around the crown with an adrenaline pump LA using it on the test server, but I would probably use the first ones because they both one shot but the first is more accurate and faster firing.
  10. Nocturnal7x

yup, exactly what this game needs. I foresee massive player bleed in this games future.

But whatever, I don't mind getting killed by bad players.
  11. ACE McFACE

"Massive player bleed"

No, maybe a few overreacting people.
    • Up x 2
  12. SnoopyVSBriggs

Having played with it on the test server... it's just feels like an even stronger version of the current shotguns (I don't know what the stats will say... as I may be incorrect, though any change to fire rate seems minimal (think original SMG vs. new SMG)). Everybody on the stupid test server is using the damn shotguns. It's quite pathetic, really...

Can't say I'm looking forward to it...
  13. Jaquio

• Up x 6
  14. vaxx

Don't make it out like not many, many people are using now. Including yourself. Your most used weapon? Phobos.
    • Up x 3
  15. centurionvi

Its like they're trying to kill their own game. Gotta milk some more money from the bads who can't live without their crutch.
  16. ACE McFACE

Obviously people use it, but your sentence made it seem like it was the only weapons being used.
  17. WalrusJones

On the test server, thats exactly what happened.
    • Up x 3
  18. ACE McFACE

Seeing as its free (Assuming you didn't spend all your 10000 certs on other things) and its about to be released I'm not surprised. But I'm also not about to suggest its going to replace every weapon.
  19. LonelyTerran

20. vaxx

No, not really...where did I ever say everyone is using it? If you have not noticed a dramatic increase, you are blind.
    • Up x 2