So many epic battles to choose from

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dis, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Dis

3 empires, 3 continents, resources. Somebody really thought this through.

• Up x 3
  2. Gambles

Lol, true enough...

Also, I like your sig.
  3. Shepherd

This problem will start to go away once there are more continents. Four more have already been announced.
    • Up x 1
  4. AtomicGerman

Seems to me like no one plays on your sever, or your populations are just silly.
  5. Ixal

Because then every faction owns two continents leaving one contested (or whoever grabs it first).

The way the game is progressing there won't be enough players to fill 7 continents anyway. Ok, maybe with server merges.
  6. ShadowViper

You're just mad because you don't own the crown. I see through your tricks.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fuse

Can you elaborate on how this will fix the problem of players giving up and rolling uncontested territory with the zerg, rather than fight losing battles against superior numbers thanks to the lack of empire population lock?
  8. HadesR

Because people are to stupid to realise that you get more XP for evenly contested fights where the bases constantly change hands than you do by facerolling empty bases and sitting on high pop cont's
  9. Ixal

Still better than to get facerolled by the enemy zerg or just some spawn camping tank/liberator outfit because your zerg is somewhere else and you have no chance of stopping them.
    • Up x 1
  10. MadSwag

I've never seen that on my server. All 3 continents are almost always split up evenly, occasionally one faction will zerg and cap everything then move to the next continent and lose everything in a few hours.
  11. Rivenshield

/points at sig

/all of it
    • Up x 1
  12. iller

Smallest and least successful "Majority" of the 3 map rushes was NC's.... Hmm....
  13. forkyar

server merges arnt going happen get over it,qq more,you can always go to cod.
  14. Ixal

Very mature arguments.
  15. Goats

While he did sound stupid, saying that there need to be server merges already is just silly. The game's population has been growing since launch.
  16. Ixal

So thats why there are hardly any queues any more even during the x2 XP weekend?
  17. Goats

Yes, they've added enough servers that we're not all trying to crowd into the same ones, like we were on and around launch day. That's a good thing. You don't have trouble finding fights, do you? I certainly don't.
  18. Badname2059

No, the population has not. Populations have been steadily dropping since launch. PS2 peaked on Steam at about 20k concurrent users, it hasn't risen past that number since launch, and has been dipping into th 11-12k population range. While people may be generating more accounts over time, fewer people are logging in to compensate for this.
  19. Goats

Well, duh, of course there's a huge rush on launch day. That happens with any game. Since then, though, the population has been rising (according to Smedley, at least).
  20. Ixal

So more dead accounts is good?