So I am thinking about finally coming back to PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViXeN, Mar 23, 2017.

1. ViXeN

Yes, the former Vanu Queen is thinking about dusting off my Orion (I hope its still awesome) and laying waste to the TR and NC masses once again. :eek: Anyway, I have been gone for a REALLY long time so I am curious to know what big changes have been made the past couple of years? Any awesome new maps, weapons, vehicles, etc??? And how is everything going on Emerald and Connery? I hope my Vanu are still dominating. :D
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

Lots of very NEW and EXCITING things have happened, first off, there's... um, hmmmmm, more NS weapons and stuff...
    • Up x 3
  3. Lord_Avatar

- The Construction System.
    - Numerous tweaks here and there.
    - Rumor has it the Enclave is back.
    • Up x 1
  4. DeadlyOmen

I have the The Enclave outfit name on Connery... number of members: 1
  5. Insignus

The Vanu on Connery are pretty good. I fight them a good bit as TR, they're all nice fun people. Except for that one outfit. They're a bunch of ****ters.

Judging by the dates in your tags, you may have missed them adding the Valkyrie (In Aug 2014, I believe).

Its a light air transport that is my personal favorite vehicle.

This is what it plays like (Shameless self plug)

Its not normally a cheese platform like that, that was an exceptionally good run. But its fun to fly around in. Other than that, several new weapons, different balance changes, HE for vehicles Is probably not as effective as you remember. LA got a new utility tool. They added the construction system and the ANT. Significant changes were made to air combat.

VS still assert that the Orion is the best gun in the game, although that is disputable depending on what faction people main.

I'd suggest linking up with the Connery VS on reddit and arrange to play in one of their pub platoons. The Vanu mid-fits are respectable folks that'll let you ease back into the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Connery/
    • Up x 1
  6. CaptCran

Run........
  7. SpeedFreakPS0NE

If your VS on Connery, Wildcards is 4u
  8. Insignus

I refer you to my previous testimony regarding my perceptions of Vanu Outfits on Connery:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Connery/co...t_or_stay_solo_for_awhile_br_28_vanu/delsc79/

Again, no personal malus against TWC members, and not looking for a fight. Some of them are quite good. But overall, I do not derive satisfaction or challenge from fighting them. Principally because I hear them talk about how great their tactics are, talking about domination and controlling territory. Then I mostly see them do pop-dumps, max-gals and mag chain pulls that lead to nowhere.

Basically, heavily pop-dependent blunt tactics, which can become an annoyance, hence, IW, as I have some difficulty squaring their projected image with observed reality, which forms the basis of my opinion. You could fairly assert that "Well that's your opinion from your TR Victim Complex where you sit." But bear in mind, I wear a couple of hats in the game: I Valk, I do ISR/Recon, command support, and I lead.

This is an interesting nexus for me to observe how people play the meta.

Not looking for a fight. Just stating an opinion from where I see's it.

Back to the OP's question:

From my perspective, VS on both Connery and Emerald are currently slightly underpopped, more-so on Connery, although with the return of Enclave on Emerald, attempting to correct the Emerald pop-imbalance may be a recipe for frustration.
  9. Eternaloptimist

Welcome back. The following is just off the top of my head (trawling the updates on the forum will give you more details):
    • New starter benefits e.g. Auxiliary shield option for toolslot, some free weapon attachments, maxed out abilities (dependent on class)
    • Continent changes - Hossin (jungle) Koltyr for new starters (BR15 cap). Bases on Indar redesigned.
    • Game mechanics / meta - new VP system. Player-made bases from contruction abilities (some add to VP).
    • Weapons - whole new range of NS infantry primaries (elite). NS auto pistol and long range revolver. Couple of NS rocket launchers (one that can actually hurt a Gal the other a magazine fed lock-on with air target and ground target fire modes). Changes to shotguns (more accurate but less damage).
    • Mines - trigger delay on claymore. Prox and bettie damage increased (due to new option of auxiliary shield )
    • Cosmetics - new infantry armour option for all factions all classes. Reskins of an LMG for each faction
    • LA - new Rocket rifle, carbine CoF when flying greatly buffed.
    • HA - overshield lasts longer but stops less damage. Most LMGs nerfed a bit (damage tiers and values). Less popular LMGs improved a bit (Rhino, EM1, Polaris)
    • Engie - deployableSpitfire auto turret. Anti material rifle
    • Medic - AR nerfs (as per LMGs)
    • Infils - major improvement to stability and useability of SASRs. Can now use BR (which has UB attachments and is more stable now)
    • Max - Charge ability removed, can be killed by tank mines, 2 HSK from anti-materail rifle
    • Vehicles (not my thing but here goes) - loss of thermal optics (ground and air). Hornet missiles nerfed. HE splash damage nerfed, some new ES top guns.
    Well............. damn! now I sit down to list them, there have been a shed ton of developments. How good or bad they are for individuals will depend on their chosen play mode (Max players, tankers and flyers are seriously unhappy, by and large). As pure infantry with a tendency toward LA and support classes I'm a happy bunny.
  10. Pikachu

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time you make this kind of thread?
  11. ViXeN

2nd. I almost came back a year or so ago but I started getting busy with something else and never got around to downloading it again. At the moment I'm not really playing anything else now that I am bored with Overwatch so I have time. I should be able to get it downloaded over the weekend and get back into PS2. I hope i'm not too rusty after all of this time. lol

It hasn't really been THAT long has it? :eek: Well, I will have to terrorize the TR and NC again just to give them a reminder. :D

Wildcards must be a new outfit. I don't think i remember them. Is Recursion still around for the NC? I miss fighting them everyday.

Wow, so there is a lot of new stuff then. I loved my MAX but as long as my HA isn't nerfed into oblivion, I will be happy.
  12. PhoenixSTF

VS nerfed to the gutter, NC easy play. Dont go VS :p
  13. Insignus

...... What the hell man?

This is a low point, even for you.

Also, I am now going to destroy your argument. For Giggles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jadwiga_of_Poland

Technically King of Poland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomyris

Owned some noob named Cyrus the Great.

Catherine the Great ruled the Russian Empire for quite some time in her own full right.

This is sufficient to break your argument. I could continue, but you're not worth it.
    • Up x 1