snipers should be 1 hit kill..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wetto, Aug 26, 2015.

1. then00b

Not sure if trolling...
    • Up x 1
  2. Khallixtus

Nah, he's putting in too much effort with his replies to be a troll. Plus, trolling trolls is fun.
  3. TheShrapnelKing

If you want 1 shot kill, give up cloak.

I wouldn't make that trade.
  4. _itg

As someone with ~7,000 sniper rifle kills, trust me when I say you really don't want this. Body shots are easy enough to get that no one would use anything else, even at close range. Instead of being forced to dance around in order to survive while out in the open, you just couldn't survive in the open, because no matter how erratically the target moves, you'll hit the body by luck as much as skill after a couple shots.
  5. Uranoob

You're obviously not familiar with sniping in PlanetSide 2.
    1. If you don't get a headshot on your first shot, then cloak and move elsewhere.
    2. Targets will start to move for cover at ANY range if you land a body shot on them (unless they're AFK).
    3. Nobody uses a suppressor on a long range sniper rifle (or SRBA's, for that matter - the velocity on those are slow enough already). Additionally, there's something called a cloak.
    4. Again, nobody uses a suppressor while bolt-action sniping.
  6. ColonelChingles

If sniper rifles should get OHK with body shots... everything from a Kobalt on up should as well!

[IMG]
  7. Hatesphere

they are if you know how to use them....
  8. BrbImAFK

This is completely inaccurate. Please find out what the hell you're talking about befure you spout BS all over the place.

VS sniper rifles have bulletdrop just like everything else. The only VS stuff that doesn't have bulletdrop is the non-sniper stuff that doesn't need it anyway. And the Eidolon, but battle rifles're so terrible it doesn't count anyway.
    • Up x 1
  9. ColonelChingles

Except the Phaseshift. No bullet drop for that sniper rifle.
  10. 1Tap2Tap

No, sniper rifles OHK-ing with bodyshots would be totally OP. This is coming from a "seasoned" sniper.
    Yes, head shots on moving targets are not easy, but also they should not be, because having the possibility to kill someone with one shot at range is in itself powerful enough and should require "skill" (not only aiming and shooting, but positioning, awareness etc. pp.as well) to pull off.

Sniping with suppressors is not recommended in most cases as you should be far away from your enemies when sniping, but it totally doable. There are some nice spots inside/at bases to be with a silenced CQB sniper rifle (SAS-R with low magnification scope for example), but there bullet drop mostly does not matter because of short ranges.

VS sniper rifles have bullet drop equally to NC & TR. Only exception: the Phaseshift, but this rifle also has a chargeup mechanic and slow bullet velocity which makes it not ideal for classical sniping.

Best faction for long range sniping is NC.

You get an OHK-able BASR as a starting weapon (Bolt Driver) which neither TR nor VS get, and also the NC empire specific sniper rifle (Railjack) is the most "snipy" of the ES SR.

In short form: NC T0 sniper rifle > TR & VS T0 and NC T3 > TR & VS T3 for pure sniping. Other tiers are copies of each other.
  11. Calisai

Meh... I hate the Phaseshift honestly... slow ***** velocity and a fire delay in exchange for no bullet drop. I prefer adjusting to the bullet drop and having better velocity anyday.

The only thing I see nice about the phaseshift is the heat mechanic... and I don't have an issue with going back for more ammo every once and awhile.

The no bullet drop trade-off isn't as bad on the SASRs due to requiring followup shots anyway... but the slower velocity is a rough trade for the ease of no drop.

As for the OP... Either HS or use a fast reload BASR or SASR for a double-tap or triple-tap. I've been having fun working on my Spectre (SASR, nodrop) kills. I finally settled into the rhythm of a nice triple tap (if needed.. usually double will do). Not as reliable as the OHK for moving targets, but definitely works with a little adjustment. It's good for a nice evening of relaxing head-popping.
  12. IronMouse

Snipers should be removed from the game. OR they should be given only weapons that can at least 3 hit kill. OHK should permanently be removed from snipers.

Also, they should self-destruct if found camping for more than 10 seconds in the same spot. Or melt. Or implode. Or disintegrate. Or be visited by their mother-in-law.
    • Up x 1
  13. 1Tap2Tap

Ah, the long awaited, creative and constructive as always, sniper hate post by IronMouse has arrived. :rolleyes:

Trying to get another thread closed, mate?

Less QQ, more pew pew!

P.S.: No, I will not "discuss" your "facts" with you, so don´t even bother. ;)
    • Up x 1
  14. Rikkit

Also, if you buff snipers that way, they are just OP,
    Boltactions are already in a strong position, the option to ohk on headshot is a somewhat fair trade between skill/risk/reward.

Do you know elusive? he is one of the best snipers in the game, and is performing verry well with the current BA.
    If you decrease the skillfloor by allowing ohk on bodyshot, you would create 100s of elusives and trust me, you don't want more than one elusive in your ennemy team.

watch this video and tell me honestly you want everyone to be able to pull this off.

PS: and no, only buffing the high zoom rifles is not an option, because everyone will just drop the low zoom rifle for the boltdriver (or it's equal brothers)
  15. customer548

I don't totally share your opinion.
    But your long-term determination about snipers subject, your humour about snipers self-destructing/melting/imploding/disintegrating/having family troubles, must be rewarded.
    Please take my upvote. :D
    • Up x 1
  16. ezaroo

O
    I'd hate to say it but you are wrong here. A few people use them and if you always use them the bullet drop doesn't mess with you since you have that preprogrammed in your head. You can check my sniping stats not a great deal of difference between my SR-7 stats where I used the supressor exclusively and my bighorn stats where you have a forced compensator. The only difference is KPH but that is because I'm trying to keep the bighorn above 100 rather than the SR-7 which I was trying to auraxium quickly (in terms of real days not game time)

In any situation when you are trying to be sneaky and within 100 m of the enemy I have found the suppressor adds a lot to your survivability. It takes people a lot longer to figure out where you are and you can see them doing it and react.
    • Up x 1
  17. 0fly0

They can make no bullet drop on this one, it's a bad sniper, damage, heat and no drop are great but you can't charge it when you're cloack, for a sniper it's useless, you're just a free target the time you charge it and even if it take just a sec it's enought to get kill by another player.
  18. Devilllike

i tried to find your profile and i HOPE you are not the rank 1 trying to talk about snipers cause i am gonna get pissed....so anyway as a MASTER sniper i can say what you say is ******** because once you get the hang of sniping you understand how it works and you can do Follow ups

Sniping is NOT about camping so stop been one of these guys who is trying to be the camper on a hill who barely even knows how to shoot

Trying to 2 shoot a player is not a pain its skill its a challenge depending on the enemy and IF you get better you might learn how to use it,if you CANT do it then quit it its not for you

if you dont make a headshot and if you are exposed you dont stay there like an idiot,snipers use relocation if you ever heard of it they run and they move and they shoot and they use RECON FOR THEIR TEAM

if you miss you try to make follow ups if you dont succed either you kill somebody else or relocate!

supressors are **** and they are bad for snipers because they increase a huge amount of bullet drop but i guess you are below average so no wonder plus if you know how to set traps for the enemy you know how to juke them and kill them without even seen them

My assumption is that you dont have a clue how to use a sniper and you are a new guy and no 1 hit snipers are too much as somebody who is playing sniper all the time what you are saying is ******** so please befor you come in the forum side and cry about a class make sure you are qualified for it first thank you
  19. Devilllike

Snipers are a snipers counter or for the case of our friend here just go find him i doubt he will even notice
  20. MarkAntony

well if you are gonna talk about being a master sniper and being qualified then do tell us your character name.