snipers should be 1 hit kill..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wetto, Aug 26, 2015.

1. wetto

Trying to 2 hit people with a sniper is a pain
    If you dont head shot on first kill then your subsequent shots just reveal your location via the bullet trail...
    If youre trying to long range snipe as soon as you hit someone they run away and regain their health...
    if you dont use a supressor then your location is shown on radar
    if you do use a supressor youre not shown on radar but you get a really noticeable bullet speed drop. Which results in more misses because "bullet lag"
  2. wetto

is sway reduced by crouching? if not it should be......
  3. BIllyGG

release the hounds!
    • Up x 1
  4. Disconsented

With their ability to safely kill with no reasonable counter... Hell no
    • Up x 4
  5. Takara

This.....headshots are not that hard. It just takes a little experience to get used to using your mil dots. I don't usually have an issue till I'm sniping out to 300 m or so.
    • Up x 4
  6. The Rogue Wolf

...then you shouldn't have fired. PS2 allows for a one-shot kill with headshots only because it requires at least a certain measure of skill. Giving you a kill because you can put crosshairs on any part of someone? No.
    • Up x 5
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

Depending on the sniper rifle you're using and whether or not your opponent is a HA with their overshield on, they are a one-hit-kill.

One thing I notice many snipers have is tunnel vision. They sit in one spot either standing or crouched and snipe away and then wonder why they keep getting shot. The best thing you can do is develop self-awareness and after you fire a shot, cloak and move to a new location. It doesn't have to be miles away but cloaking and moving 5 metres away from your previous location is still going to get you killed either by one form of enemy or another.
  8. Thardus

Trying to 2 hit people with a sniper is a pain
    Of course... it's doable, but not easy, just as it should be. Best to get people who are distracted.
    If you dont head shot on first kill then your subsequent shots just reveal your location via the bullet trail...
    That's why Snipers need to pick a good location, and also be able to move around, and take shots from different places.
    If youre trying to long range snipe as soon as you hit someone they run away and regain their health...
    Again, pick distracted targets, or, try to be within a range where the headshot works.
    if you dont use a supressor then your location is shown on radar
    Again, don't keep using the same location, and be far enough away. The inconvenience of trying to chase you down is just as good a defence as stealth.
    if you do use a supressor youre not shown on radar but you get a really noticeable bullet speed drop. Which results in more misses because "bullet lag"

More misses, sure, but you're not shown on radar. That's your choice, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'm sure someone who actually snipes could explain this better than me, but I still think, from a Snipee's point of view, it seems pretty straightforward.
  9. wetto

Yes for long range sniping when people are sitting ducks........however i dont like to camp in one ground and wait for ducks to come by.
    Yeah ok, i know its doable but im saying its painful to headshot someone when 90% of people are moving around, and when someone finally takes a moment to breathe you have a split second to react and try to score a headshot
  10. FateJH

It's very doable to score headshots while people are moving - people do it everyday with fully-automatic weapons from only half that range - but it takes practice. If it were too easy, then it could risk being too powerful.

If you really feel like needing to take follow-up shots far too often, cert into your rifle's Straight-pull Bolt attachment and try to never take more than two shots on a single target before disengaging. Overextension is a leading cause of death in this game. Also, now that you have that Straight-pull Bolt attachment, learn the personal techniques you find help you not rely on it by making that first shot.
  11. BrbImAFK

Snipers are fine as is. They don't need any more advantages, and I say that as somebody who does snipe.
  12. ALN_Isolator

If you're having trouble headshoting with snipers to the point you make a buff thread you have no business owning one in my humble opinion. Go for static targets and learn your rifle's bullet drop.

(The RAMS/ longshot/ vanu equivalent [only class of snipers where I just don't know] has bullet drop where you need to aim about a mil dot above your victims head at 125m)
  13. Some1

As the great Alan Quartermaine once said "If you cant do it with one bullet, don't do it at all"
  14. Kulso

No, you should be punished for not being accurate.
    • Up x 3
  15. Mythologicus

I think the answer to your problem is to start using pump-action shotguns instead. They sound more like your cup of tea. Maybe you should try the NC MAX! ...or maybe you could play Counter Strike. I hear the AWP has everything you could ever want.

OHK snipers would literally render everything else obsolete. It'd be indoor CQC sniper battles for days. Everyone would run laser sights on their bolt-actions. This is assuming that players would even be able to make it indoors before they got instagibbed.
  16. wetto

i already have a straight pull.. and all the rest of the gadgets..
    My point is not that i cant do headshots im saying the dmg the sniper rifles do shouldnt be so low to the point that you have to hit someone twice with it.
    torso and head should be 1 hit and limbs should be 2
  17. AlterEgo

One of the main reasons this game is better than Heroes and Generals is because you CAN'T OHK as an invincible unit in the future. You want OHK rifles? Play that game instead. You'll find plenty of people using those.
  18. Khallixtus

Sniper rifles are in a fine spot right now. If you can't land that headshot, two things you can do. 1) Keep trying, get better. 2) Give up, grab a shotgun, go shoot someone at much closer ranges. I have used both of these methods, both are extremely effective.

Snipers do not need a buff. If you want more luck with sniping, Vanu are a little bit easier, mostly at longer ranges because they don't have bullet drop.
  19. Jubikus

Theres several reasons why this is not the case.
    1- To be different from other FPS in most fps there is a sniper that can 1 shot in chest or head
    2- much like the first reason this game is set in the future if you take away overshield sniper rifles do 1 shot in chest or head but we do have overshields.
    3- Balance Sniping is low risk so to compensate its got a high skill ceiling to get high reward
    Sniping is a skill thats not suited to most players it requires patience alot of map knowledge in the form of good positioning knowing where your likely to get flanked if someone gets fed up with you and trys to come out and get you so you can place claymores/Bouncing betties/Prox Mines in thees weak spots and something you can hide behind so you can recharge cloak.
    Proper cloak timing is also a usefull skill as aiming while cloaked and only uncloaking the instant you fire and and cloaking again leaves little risk to you. (just some advice from a fairly experienced sniper)
  20. Takara

So your suggestion of changing the game...is based solely on the fact you don't want to have the discipline of actually having to aim.

So...you say it's just to hard and you don't want to actually try to get a one shot kill...the game should just reward you for being lasy at the expense of every other player around you.

The reward for patience is EXP...if you don't like having to actually snipe. Go get another class is my suggestion. Not asking the game to change for you.