[Suggestion] Slight Nerf to Stalkers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Nov 13, 2019.

1. iStalk

Lol sigh. I'm done replying to you. You're dumb and suck at this game. Every post you make is about you crying about how your playstyle sucks compared to someone else. And if you cant kill them you automatically say its OP. You base this game based on your own lack of skill and ite annoying as ****
  2. Scroffel5

Noted. Goodbye and good riddance.
  3. Johannes Kaiser

Obviously it's an accident, but it always happens when you just managed to hide from everything else and sh*t is cooling down again. That's what gets people.
  4. Scroffel5

Yeah, that is what happens to me anyways. I am sitting there cloaked and a dude runs into me, and because I am using the Hunter QCX, I wonder, "Did he see me? Should I shoot him and risk dying to someone else or just stay cloaked and hope he didn't see me?" Sometimes they don't see me. You'd be surprised about how many times you accidentally ram a vehicle with a Wraith Flash, or worse, they hit you, and they don't realize what just happened. Same deal that I find with Stalkers. Sometimes they notice, sometimes they don't.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

How about as Doctor Evil said in Austin Powers, “NO’.

They can be seen real easy up close and all you need is a flashlight, game over.
  6. Blam320

Stalkers are pretty much only ever used for contesting a point for a few more seconds, attempting a cheeky back-cap when everyone else has left to attack the next base, or for knife-only shenanigans.

They're nearly useless in every other respect, so no they don't need a nerf.
  7. Scroffel5

Do you make it a habit to literally skip anything I say and just immediately comment? They can be seen up close ONLY IF they are moving. The Flashlight is the ONLY way of seeing them otherwise. That means you REQUIRE a Darklight to not die to them, even if you know their general location. We could make EMPs delete their cloak for X amount of seconds, but then only Infiltrators have a way to deal with them. What about anything else? Reducing the visibility means that you can barely see them IF you are ACTIVELY looking for them.
  8. Scroffel5

Well lets take it point by point.

Contesting the point: How useful can this be? It buys enough time for a distraction and a few kills, drawing enemies from one fight to another, especially if the goal is a backcap. It reduces the pressure of the enemies attacking your allies, and allows them to push. I have used this tactic effectively before. How do you find them if they are doing this? Shooting corners, where no competent Stalker will be, or using a Darklight. Those are the best ways.

Knife Only Shenanigans: How effective is this? Disrupting enemy lines by stabbing everyone is effective, and if you run the right inplants, you can stay alive for a while and really help your team. How do you stop this? Chip their health away enough for the next person to get the kill, because if they are running carapace and vampire, you are probably dead. The other route is using a Darklight on the first cue they are there, but Stalkers don't make much noise and you wont know they are there unless they spot you or use recon, the latter of which doesnt guarantee a Stalker, just an Infiltrator.

Camping Terminals: This is extremely effective. Not only does it stop a vehicle from getting out, but if they already spawned it, it immediately despawns and they lose their nanites. How do you stop it? Darklight or baiting shots. Baiting shots guarantees nothing, only you probably getting shot in the head. Darklight is the way to go, hoping they haven't moved.

Notice how I never said kill cam. Why? They move, and you shooting around in their old area is a surefire way to get targetted.