*sighs* ESRL are...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leo Di Caprio, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Leo Di Caprio

Just kidding, nice balance so far.

The problems by far are:

NC, needs a buff to maneuverability, a fix to the rockets going through soldiers could be adding a nice big splash doing the same damage as the rocket intended while crashing it on the ground where the person stands or is walking.

TR, best one so far, nerf it.

VS, haven't field tested it but feels rather multipurpose more than the other two, someone tell me what sucks about it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Leo Di Caprio

Shameless bump to hear what is wrong with the lancer while used on the field.
  3. UrMom306

oh ffs
    • Up x 18
  4. KuKu

what he said
    • Up x 4
  5. irishroy

in ~15min i was killed everytime i was in a vehicle.
    i couldn't even pull a reaver, because after the "spawn" i was already locked-on....
    this makes me stop playing.
    • Up x 1
  6. Leo Di Caprio

I was actually kidding about the TR launcher, but it is the best one so far.
  7. CoffeeBreak

Doesn't fulfill your need for attention by commenting on any of the other threads about the same thing?
    • Up x 5
  8. Leo Di Caprio

I know right?

There is this thing about page one, top post that seems to drive a bit... more purpose to why I did it.
  9. bobby_m

Lancer has random spread, like a shotgun with slugs in hip fire. With the other weapons you can compensate with skill - the lancer randomly fires somewhere. Also the accuracy seems to decrease MASSIVELY when charging up.
    To me, it was no fun at all to use. Was missing base turrets at 300m constantly :(
    • Up x 2
  10. GSZenith

how about...step out of a veh?
  11. CoffeeBreak

Atleast you're honest...enough.
  12. Leo Di Caprio

So, to balance it we could reduce the speed of the laser and adjust accuracy, I take it?

The thing with the lancer is that... you can use it as anything really, some form of balance must exist.
  13. irishroy

i played infantry-only 'til BR ~40, then i started to "love" the vanny and the gally, but well, now vehicles are pretty much screwed..
  14. LordMondando

I honeslty think the Phoneix just needs to not decon at range.
  15. Leo Di Caprio

That would be very abusive, even a buff to range would be an argument for a buff but just lining up and then leaving camera after the range to hit the target all lined up? too much.
  16. Verenz

Phoenix needs more range mostly. It phasing through infantry might well be because there is no collision in VR, I do not care at all about it's inf killing power however. 100m less range than crow is stupid however.
  17. LordMondando

Why is it the only missile in game that just decons?

Give it mad drop, I don't want it to be a handheld artilery peice, just make it so if a tank is 301m it still gets hit a little by splash or whatever.
  18. LordMondando

More range would put it into OP territory.
  19. Ash87

Point 1: Yeah, heard this a lot. That and range seem to be the biggest concerns people are raising.

Point 2: ...If you drop the subject now, this will be the end, I will not hunt you. But if you don't, I will hunt you, I will find you... Nah, honestly, as TR exclusive, I would much prefer we got a laser guided or dumb fire rocket over the lockon.

Point 3: Everyone seems to be saying the damage is too low, the zoom isn't sufficient (I can understand this one), and it can't one shot infantry... okay the last one was just some idiotic comment I heard someone use once, but I just can't get it out of my head.
    • Up x 1
  20. Leo Di Caprio

Like I said, we could argue for a bit more range but as far as the rocket following the path after the camera returns, it can be abused to kingdom come by anyone, literally.

I am more concerned about ammo, really... this thing had a long cool down on BF for a reason.