[BUG] Sick and Tired of the Point and Click Republic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS1, Aug 2, 2016.

1. SpeedFreakPS1

Yes another thread towards the spamtastic Point and Click Republic and the adventures thereof.

It's about time DBG you address
    1. The Prowler especially combined with the GateKeeper
    2. The over spaminess spray and pray obscene RPM output of all their weapons
    3. The AMP (see point 2)
    4. Undo your yet again another PaCR buff being the banshee which you have pushed over the edge
    5. The gatekeeper harasser spam nonsense see once again point 2

There is more but I'll leave it at that and will be posting more of these posts while nothing is being done about this.

Alternative solution is to buff both VS and NC to compensate for your PaCR (Point and Click Republic) love affair
    • Up x 2
  2. Lemposs

1. Oh, you don't even know that there is an even stronger combination that TR can run :p
    2. There is a very limited amount of weapons that TR actually has that is superior in RPM, and even then they are the same in DPS.
    3. There is actually people that die to that thing?!
    4. Can't comment.
    5. Is that still thing? Well hopefully it continues to be, I'll enjoy my marauder farm in the meantime.

I do absolutely love that people have such a hardon for the GK, because it isn't even the strongest top gun that TR has :D
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

Lol now the T4 AMP is OP.

The only thing that needs a serious look in this game is the relationship between ground and air forces. All the rest, more or less is pretty ok.
    • Up x 1
  4. Moridin6

yeah the GK.. meh. if it got a SLIGHT tone down. . otherwise, it hasnt been that much of a problem lately. i find the GK users are super prone to tunnel vision and i Love shoving sparkle packs up their booties . whats wrong with the amp?

is this where we say get gud?
    • Up x 3
  5. FateJH

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. Moridin6

the case speaker in my mind is beeping
  7. UberNoob1337101

KEKMAO

This the most biased faction thread ever.

While kind of true about the Prowler, you COMPLETELY left out the insane stuff other factions have, like the Aphelion aka Vulcan with a huge DPS enhancing mechanic and higher range, or a hitscan high velocity AV cannon for MAX and HA, or amazing gume like Terminus, Orion, Pulsar C, Serpent, Spiker ama better Desperado, HV-45 and manu more amazing VS guns and of course the spammy huge AoE orb weapon, or in the case of NC, the best shotgun in the game aka Jackhammer, laser guided rockets that demolish armor with ease, the only viable and useful ES MAX ability in the game, he highest skill ceiling and versatile weapons in the game or MAX instagib shotties that completely wreck eveything that gets close, or the I-win shield, the Vulcan on LSD that melts any armor that gets close and many more great ES goodies...

So how does the PaCR compare to the Aimbot Sorrority and the Teamkill Snipeomerate? It compares pretty even in almost all areas with the exception to the MBT where Prowla is king, but at everywhere else the TR either performs equally or is lackluster. Our MAX AV sucks and chainguns can't compare to plasma dual wielded snipers or to OHK shotguns.

Troll verdict : 0/10 , didn't even try and zero actual proof, at least trolls are funny...

Also, AMP OP? Gatekeeper isn't even spammed nowadays, just because banshee is viable doesn't mean it's OP, get some water and pour it over yourself, it might absorb some salt.
  8. SpeedFreakPS1

I'm talking about giving a stalker infiltrator a 900 rpm sidearm compared to the other factions which get ....
  9. SpeedFreakPS1

let's see, after the VS has already been extensively nerfed the one high rpm lmg they had received a significant nerf losing the .75 ads making it now a loser to the msw-r given that the msw can equip SPA

the VS have been turned into the most blah faction given the overabuse of the nerf stick
    • Up x 1
  10. UberNoob1337101

...CQC sidearms with better accuracy and DPS and arguably better than the Repeater? Or a 2HK shotgun sidearm?
  11. JKomm

Do you know why Vanu has gotten so many nerfs? Because everything you have in your faction is arguably easier to use. You compensate the LEAST for bullet drop, recoil, accuracy, and sometimes velocity. You have an incredible MBT that can climb mountains, isn't even phased by terrain, and deal a ton of DPS at close range when paired with a Saron, it can also strafe out of the way at long range to completely negate incoming fire. The Scythe is the easiest ESF to use, it has barely any altitude loss, it's weapons are easy(See Light PPA which remains an easy weapon after the nerf), and has one of the hardest hitboxes to attack.

Look at AV now... you have two weapons in your arsenal which have zero travel time yet Vanu consistently say they suck... these are extremely easy to use and ultra effective in squads, if you think they suck then stop being a solo player.

Vanu is easy mode. You have to compensate the least with your entire arsenal... for the most part all you have is lower velocity, which can be easily remedied. You even have weapons with heat mechanics instead of ammo... that's pretty damn powerful. This is a faction with no definitive trait... is it accuracy, is it low recoil, is it mobility, is it no bullet drop, is it heat mechanics, is it PPA weapons? You get the most variety in your weapons and yet you complain that they are worse than the other factions... get over yourself. Learn your faction maybe, because it's damn powerful enough.

Let's look at NC now... higher damage, higher recoil, lower rate of fire, better accuracy. TR? Lower damage, moderate recoil, higher rate of fire, moderate accuracy. Do either of us get no bullet drop? Do we get heat mechanics? Are our weapons easy to use? Not comparatively no.

With all that said however, Gatekeeper does need TWEAKS, not a nerf... the weapon could do with drop so players have to compensate for longer ranges.
    • Up x 1
  12. Riksos

I stopped reading after he said the AMP is overpowered
    • Up x 1
  13. Campagne

HA! Yeah, right.

"Or" is the only accurate part of this statement. :p
  14. Anantidaephobia

"Because everything you have in your faction is arguably easier to use."
    That is BS. The easiest weapons to use are those with a high ROF and a big magazine, even with low damage rate you tear apart anything. The reason is that once you start shooting you get a line (of bullets) to your target and all you got to do is keep the end of that line on your foe. And that is much more easy than aiming, anticipating moves etc... Why would you anticipate a move from your target when you can just follow it with your spray ?
    Now give that kind of weapon some good DPS and you get the vulcan aka "tank armor shredder". Whatever the land vehicle, once a Harasser with Vulcan has seen it I know it's toast. Simple as that.
  15. guerrillaman

In a real life battle .....

The question is would you rather have a laser beam that damages at a constant 150dps with very little recoil or would you rather have a shotgun that can deal 1 bullet for 167dps and each shot recoils a lot?

If you pick the 1 bullet per second SG you aren't very smart.

In gaming the order of importance are...

1) RoF
    2) Spread
    3) Recoil
  16. The Rogue Wolf

I understand why he's upset. Neither NC nor VS get a portable ultra-high-speed mini-marshmallow dispenser.
  17. Insignus

You have been issued a quasi-formal warning for violating Poe's Law, in that the line between what is likely a parody and your attempts at serious suggestions is rapidly disappearing. Your repeated posts has also cost you all respect points that you earned from using Point and Click Republic, which I find to be pretty funny.

Example of a non-Poe's Law statement:

Unfortunately, your attempts are for not. The Republic prevails, as the Gatekeeper is being changed to make it a vehicle mounted striker, without any concurrent stat changes. Also, the firing mechanism is changing: They are receiving a secondary fire mode that discharges the entire clip in one shot, in exchange for 10 DBC and large RoF, creating a rocket shotgun for vehicles.

Here's how this is going to end: At a random point in the future, they may make a minor adjustment to the Gatekeeper. If it is in anyway even the slightest nerf, this will cause you to jump on these forums and make a post in which you claim victory for having changed the game. Backslapping will occur......

In which no one will join you, because you have not actually advanced your point in any of your posts.

But that's unlikely to happen, because they've already nerfed and balanced the Gatekeeper. If anything, you're setting back other people who still have legitimate, or at least well articulated, issues with the gatekeeper, because you don't offer solutions, you just blast away in a manner that is, frankly, whiny, annoying, demanding, and insults the very people you expect to fix the thing you've failed to prove is a problem.

At some point, you'll go too far, and people will start reporting you for repeat posts or rule violations. Failing to achieve progress, your posts will escalate in tone until even people who share your viewpoint avoid posting in your topics. At some point, you'll start trying to extort the developers by threatening to leave, or boycott, or suspend a subscription, at which point, people will simply shrug and say "Goodbye!"

If you require further explanation of why this predicted trend is applicable to your situation, please refer to the second paragraph of my signature, which will explain to you everything you need to know about Forumside.

Now, please rise for the Terran Anthem, which is played during the raising of the flag in any captured territory:
    • Up x 1
  18. user101

TROLLing the people.... VS is by far over powered.... ! Mag-riders climbing mountains... ! Syth with super power guns Mags with guns with way more power than TR.

SpeedFreaksp1 is just trolling --- booho booho yet another crybaby

19. SpeedFreakPS1

LOL obviously a Point and Click Republic player only a PaCR would not want their op **** messed with

bump, im keeping this post bumped until this **** is fixed
  20. IceMobsterrr

Fine, how long is your time played with it?
    I find it utterly ridiculous. Yeah, the stat (900 RPM WOOOOOOOOAH) is there, but have you tried it on something other than bloody VR NPCs?
    Obviously not.