Shotguns: the coyotes of the ground game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rocko95, May 7, 2014.

1. Hatesphere

you act like a 10 year old kid couldn't change a tire....
    • Up x 1
  2. Nerp

Due to clientsided hit detection, they are, and pump actions are 1hko either way.
    Libs are not quite insta kills, and you can anticipate them/ deal with them/ run behind cover. Lolpods are a joke, I'd be more worried about the banshee if I were you. Bolt actions in close range don't do anything, and even though I wrote it in the post you quoted, rockets and snipers do take some more skill to use, unlike clicking your mouse in the general direction of an enemy while they're helpless, as even if they begin firing back, they're already dead on the person using the shotgun's screen.
  3. Phyr

Clearly, only someone with 15 years of experience in the field, and 3 AAS degree's, is qualified to change the tire.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dudinatorman

I want my spunkgargleweewee shooter bullet gun to be the besterested of any consolation I might encounter on my days of playing Call of BattleSide 2

On a serious note, shotguns are meant to dominate in CQC, if you have a problem dying to one, then
    A: evaluate what you did wrong (you probably invaded in on an area he/she was going to still end up dominating you in)
    B: evaluate what your weapon is capable of and what his/her's is capable of as well (shotguns are great in CQC and places that they can get you caught into, aka IT'S A TRAP!)
    C: realize that your 500 magazines per second bullet shooter gun isn't meant to be superior to every gun because it can be used in any situation (your LMG/AR/carbine isn't meant to dominate everyone everywhere, there are going to be times you just won't have the upper hand)
    D: take a mental note and realize that every weapon has it's place and some rely on positioning more than others (shouldn't need to specify on this one... But with the topic at hand this would be repeating all the previous things said before)
    • Up x 1
  5. Ivalician

I guess we really do live in a world where expertise is shunned as ****** elitism, epeen and generally worthless. On the plus side, I guess that makes you the next president.

Infantryside combat isn't, and shouldn't be based on a system of hard counters. Simply selecting the right weapon should not be an "I win" button over those who selected a less optimal weapon, because this type of design separates skill from success when skill should be a component toward success.

Victory is not something to acquire through default, but to achieve through action.
  6. Posse

What episode is that?
  7. Whatupwidat

Wait wait wait...you got a play session with a KDR like that and you're complaining?

Oh no, you killed like 10 guys each life until someone killed you with a shotgun...you poor thing. :rolleyes:

Real men eat shotgun rounds to the face breakfast and have sex with their negative KDR!!!
  8. Ivalician

Iirc, James May greets her with like an awkward, "hello," which wins him a "worst flirting attempt" award or something.

James May. Love that guy.

The quest to improve is never ending. Not a dig at you, just trying to shine some light.
  9. TheFamilyGhost

Stopped there.
    Assigning skill values to weapons is extremely self limiting, and if one's opinions are based on the premise of assigning arbitrary skill values to weapons, then the opinion is only self-serving.
  10. Phyr

No, I live in a world where changing a tire can be done by just about anyone, and anyone who has changed a tire before (most people) can throw their 2 cents in.

Stop using this stupid metaphor, it's not working.
  11. Ivalician

So if you're the only one whose still hanging onto the metaphor, what does that make you?

Yeah, no. YOU are welcome to listen to amateurs. I will listen to experts. I'd take the word of players like Posse over somebody with sub 2.0 KDR any day.

Btw, a Playboy model with no formal education in medicine named Jenny McCarthy advises you to avoid vaccinations. You should probably listen to her.
  12. Phyr

Once again, your metaphors are bad, because they're far too extreme. If Jenny said she likes the taste of Danimals yogurt over Go Gurt, then you would have a terrible, yet realistic level of metaphor.
  13. Corporate Thug

The point is most people are just plain awful at this game and rely on crutches to even make them somewhat decent. Shot guns are supposed to be CQC weapons but most are about as effective as a SMG at medium range yet much better up close. People always gravitate towards things that are easy to use and don't want to put any effort into improving in other aspects to see real gain, especially in gaming so I don't expect many people to understand the OP's concerns. I can kill a good portion of shot gun players but there are still a few that will kill me despite how much better I am at aiming because it is an easy weapon to use. The "oh this killed me so it must be OP" argument is pretty damn stupid considering nothing is nerfed until it is complained about. So, restore ZOE and no one ever complain about libs, restore rocket pods and un-nerf the NC max as well.

Take off the training wheels and stop requiring aids to assist you. It always seems to go down the same way when I encounter some sore loser...He dies->he dies again->grabs shot gun->spawns a vehicle/max. You will never improve if you just try to overpower everyone. People just want to be good at things with out having to actually improve. The majority of the time I see people with shot guns, they always use them and it wasn't just that situation. Why would you grab something that will supposedly cripple you past short range when you have to get in to that range or be at such a great disadvantage if you encounter enemies on the way? The reason is because they perform better than most of you admit past short range and they aren't ever really at a disadvantage outside of some large facility, which are only a small portion of the facilities we play in everyday.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hatesphere

Far fewer people in this world have prepared a vaccine or practiced medicine then have changed a tire. you should really quit this whole metaphor business. Its like saying that you shouldn't change a band aid if you arent a doctor.

also you are projecting hard.
    • Up x 1
  15. Whatupwidat

I only use a shotgun during tower and base assaults as I'm a LA and nothing's more fun than jumping 30 feet onto someone's head yelling "die mother****er!" while firing 4-5 blasts.

It's a derpy weapon for derpy fights :p
  16. Corporate Thug

Brilliant. You are my hero and PM me your address so I can send you my panties.
    • Up x 1
  17. ttttz

It has been discussed before (~2 years worth of discussion here so things get buried). This is a suggestion about revising/replacing shotguns.

If anyone disagreeing has any points to discuss after reading, I would be happy to continue the discussion there to avoid having the same conversation over and over (something that happens quite a lot in this forum).
  18. Ivalician

I base my entire argument upon nitpicking metaphors for cool points instead of actually being on topic.
  19. Phyr

Yeah, that's kinda what we do. Welcome to the forums.
  20. Fortress

Shotguns should never have been introduced and only serve to ensure that bad players stay bad while maybe getting one lame kill every two deaths.