Short term metagame solution

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JDS999, Mar 31, 2013.

1. JDS999

i think they should implement some sort of world timer 30-60 mins. each time the timer resets each faction would gain xp for how many bases they captured on the contiient they are on.(taking some % in to accout of population in balance.
    this should create fighting on all fronts and damper zerging, crown and biolab camping
    and make the game more strategical if exp was great enough.
    every base would be giving a valu and multiplied by how many bases were captured in that time the % in with pop
    something like that
    • Up x 1
  2. Pouk3D

Did you count for a snowball effect? Rich getting richer, poor getting poorer?
    • Up x 1
  3. JDS999

well if all factions are balanced, and population is around 33% plus or minus 3%, or 50 25 25. i dont see a problem yet, unless the organization of one faction is far greater to the other. mabey a defence multiplyer in addition to capture would be good. so 3x capture and 3x defences would net greter xp then just 6 base captures.
  4. xVoidreaperx

I actually like this idea. It makes the average cert-hunting player actually care about the continent, however you'd have to make it cross-continent otherwise everyone would just farm the cont with the most capped bases.
  5. JDS999

bumping thread to get more views
  6. Sen7ryGun84

Great idea champ!

On my server (briggs) where the NC hold 40% pop on a quiet day, the TR have 25 (on a busy day) and the VS are in between with more than half of the games total territory in their control this would be excellent totally fair and balanced...

Its a totally rad idea to make the enemies of a team that almost gets warpgated on a daily perpetually more powerful.
  7. Radioactive Pirate

Perhaps switch to server wide base control for the xp award. Server populations tend to be pretty close together... mostly. Continent pops are too eradic.
  8. LordMondando

As has been noted, snowball effect serious problem. Will simply cement the position of each servers current population winner. With no mechanism to correct.