Shadow scout rifle... Buff Needed

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by mercc1, Nov 20, 2012.

1. digimortgel

I think overall with my sniper class the Reaper GD-21 needs a buff. 20round Mag and it takes 10 rounds to drop a person, this makes it very impossible to try and get certs. Best thing you get is one kill and then you have to bail
  2. Tnsr

I tested the Shadow of the NC faction and I am fine with the gun as such. I don't think sniper need as powerfull CQC weapons as all the other classes, if you are getting into a CQC situation better take another usefull class. Only thing that bothers me about the Shadow is the 20 rounds mag. For a full auto it really needs to be a 30 mag.
  3. Incarnadine

Did you just argue my point about it failing, then start on saying it does fail?

It doesn't do enough damage to kill before you get hit EVEN WITH GETTING THE JUMP on them, so soon as you get hit once... the recoil + flinch means you aren't likely to land more shots.

Not even sure it CAN have a compensator. And I do know how to contorl the gun, I don't post something about a gun until I've gotten the hang of it, and this one (and the auto smg'ish scout rifle) blows
  4. Incarnadine

Infiltrating requires CQC. Currently, with the TTK, if you can't kill someone before they can turn around and start unloading into you (specially with a Carv) your CQC weapon fails. Specially with 20 rounds.
  5. ThElement078

The Shadow is the semi -auto scout rifle not the full auto, and it only has ten rounds.
    It can have a compensator, I tried it out and I can honestly say I wasted 100 certs, And I never said getting the jump on enemies will GUARANTEE A KILL, it just gives you a fighting chance. But now that I'vs tested out the gun more now, I sort of agree with you, it kind of.......sucks, I'm hoping the Devs buff this and the full auto stalker, cause these guns really are suckish
  6. Incarnadine

Getting the jump with just about any other "good" gun is a guranteed kill. Jump with a Carv? Dead. jump with a bolt? Dead. Jump with even the TR pistol? Dead. Jump with an Orion? Dead. Most of these guns that are considered "good" will kill a target nearly instantly with the jump. This gun is HARDER to use than any of those, and is far from that quality even with a perfect getting jump situation (minus a knife to shoot)
  7. Urnefar

I tried out the Shadow in trial yesterday, and boy was it awesome.

My only concern is the pricetag, which is a bit too steep for me in real currency or ingame time for a single weapon unlock.
    So - how is the cheaper SAS-R in comparison?
  8. Aalbatross

The scout rifle I've trialled, Impetus, is garbage. I get the drop on enemies frequently, yet can't finish them with this ridiculous gun before they turn around and spray auto fire into my face. Pointless weapon.

Please, at the very least, give Infiltrators access to carbines. Making a class that needs to get into close quarters (hacking) without a close quarters weapon is insane.

Even better, give 'em a SMG.
  9. Canaan

I tried the Shadow today.

Good god it's bad. If SOE lowered the recoil a bit and decreased it's refire rate, it'd be really worth using.

The Stalker on the other hand (Assuming nothing about it has changed since beta), I don't even know what it's for. Is it meant to be a Infiltrator carbine? Is it meant to be similar to a battle rifle? I donno.

The SAS-R is just the Bolt-Driver without a scope.
  10. Grotpar

I was a little underwhelmed by the Nyx as well, but a 6x scope and some practice, and I actually started to like it a lot.

I'm using it as a medium range sniper rifle and close range "shotgun", mostly avoiding short-to-medium range encounters where full auto weapons are probably going to kill you.
    Basically just like the old semi-auto sniper rifle, except this weapon is smaller(doesn't take up half your screen) and seems to have less spread. It also doesn't have sway when using the sniper scope, which is good for quick shooting on the move.

The downside is that it kills in 4 body shots, so you will lose most short range engagements that require you to scope in, against automatic weapons.

Good use of the cloak is essential to force yourself in an advantageous position.
    It's not an easy weapon to use when you've never used it, and I think it requires a scope to gain some versatility.

But I like it a lot.
    I think I'd rather not have it get buffed, because people will cry and then it will probably get overnerfed.
    More ammo would be nice, though. 15 for the semi-auto and 30 for the SMG. I'd be cool with that.
  11. VKhaun

I agree, but I wouldn't want it buffed either.

The infiltrator is just poorly implemented in general. They established the sniper part, but never went any further. We need to see how they do stalker perma stealth, what they put in for a stealther to actually DO if they infiltrate (C4, new hack abilities, etc.), and what weapons they give them (Common pool full auto pistol like the AMP?) before we could actually balance scout rifles. They should not even be in the game IMO... and I say that with sadness because they were the first thing I bought and the first thing I looked forward to trying.