Shadow scout rifle... Buff Needed

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by mercc1, Nov 20, 2012.

1. mercc1

Could we get a slight increase to damage on this gun ? Infiltrator is already easy to kill and when you try and play a close range/medium range infiltrator you have no chance to win any fights... takes three shots to kill a standard unity and 4-5 for heavy or up.... It would atleast be nice to be able to 2 shot the target... It is even hard to get shots off without a gun that just sprays...and having to take 3-4 shots to kill something even when you have the drop on them leaves you completely open... armor piercing bullets would be nice at the least... any automatic gun completely destroys the shadow and you barely have a chance even with a drop because of how many shots it takes and a single miss results in death ...

I absolutely love being a spec ops type of player (like a marine for example) and going behind enemy lines to pick a few off or disrupt something.

I don't want it to be over powered but this weapon just seems to be underpowered slightly and really turns off anyone that has it... couple of my friends have it and see the potential but it just is not good enough to be worth using...
  2. Incarnadine

To confirm you are talking bout the close range semi auto sniper right?

If you're meaning yes and not their "scout rifle(smg)" then I agree. If you're meaning the scout rifle, I think it's in a decent place right now. Maybe 5-10 more ammo.

The close range sniper though is horrible. The recoil is too horrid for its slow ttk compared to other guns, it should be 2 shot on upper body or higher... HOWEVER. It should take 2 shots even if 1 is a head shot. So, lowering its head crit would be needed. 1shot to the head should be completely reserved to bolt actions.
  3. mercc1

No I am talking about the scout rifles (the only ones built for close to medium instead of long range.... The semi automatic versian barely does any dmg and even with a jump on the enemy you cannot take them out within a reasonable 2 bullets... The infiltrator is already easy to kill but when you make the weapon useless he becomes the same .... It takes 3-5 shots depending on armor of enemy and then they are normally sprinting and taking off behind junkk ... you have no chance.... Normally this is only a crazy bonus vs solo players.... so it would be easily countered against roups... but I cannot even one vs one with a jump or the guy is gone or shooting you to death with superior guns... 2 kills for this gun on weaker targets and 3-4 on the armored is fully fair... It is not a huge unbalance but it is just enough to ruin the gun and experience.
  4. Ghoest

Its not a powerful gun. Apparently thats what the devs want.
    That said in some situations its better than all the other options for an NC inf.
  5. klor

I bought both scout rifles. The full auto needs some serious work, at close range it is barely more effective than the pistol and far less ammo efficient. I use the semi-auto scout rifle over the automatic variant when I want to infiltrate. It also needs some work, a rate of fire increase and 2~5 more bullets would be ideal. I think the damage is fine for the semi but the automatic rifle could stand to deal more.
  6. wtfhax

I will wait for my purchase in that case :/ by the way the V10 is amazing as VS ^^
  7. WingMaker

I've noticed this too. The main disadvantage is that it seems I can only take down one person per mag, even when I feel like most of the shots hit. I looked and there is no extended mag upgrade, which I feel is a big mistake.
  8. anaverageguy

Uhhh last I checked on beta forums on scout rifles ( the auto ones), they're only good when you ADS. Spray is horrid otherwise apparently. If you do ADS, ttk is very low.
  9. Incarnadine

Not sure what you guys are talking about... the scout rifle is pretty solid. If you are playing right and ninja'ing behind people and flanking, you can down 2 guys with a few bullets left over, that's body shots not really any/many head shots or a knife. I spent like 2 hours yesterday doing that, steadily got like 8 kills before needing to reload (or pull out pistol and start with a knife)

Sure, it's not ALOT more effective than the pistol, and could use a little love in either damage, mag size or rof (a little in either category, not alot or multiple) but it is definitely good. In a head on firefight you're at a disadvantage against most sure, but if you want to go head on you're playing the wrong class
  10. Aktarus

there is no way with the shadow NC rifle to do that , NO WAY ... i mostly run out of clip bullet before i can down any target , if you miss a few bullets from your clip your a dead infiltrator even vs light soldiers

The shadow rifle is a joke never ever just think about buying as it is right now its a useless piece of **** .
    Wasted 700 sc for it ,then more than 200 certs to upgrade it cause i couldnt believe this gun sucked so much.

any average light soldier can still turn back on you and outdmage you before you take it down. this gun is actually just a waste of SC keep it in mind
  11. ThElement078

Not really, I actually had a great run with it, way better than the stalker I have to say, It's the closest thing we have to a shotgun. I agree It needs a buff,as it's still not very balanced, but not in damage, but in rate of fire/ fire cap. It feels more like a pump-action than a semi-auto. 3 hit kill is ok, most guns in the game kill with six or seven shot kill, shotguns also kill in 3. Any way anyone else agree?
  12. Rune

Semi auto scout rifle is my only weapon. It kicks butt. 2 headshots, 4 bodyshots unless your aiming at a heavy. Thats the same as a semi auto sniper. Should it do more dmg than a sniper rifle? I dunno, i get streaks plenty npnp. Do i want to be more rambo? ofc, but hey, atleast now my targets have a fighting chance xD
  13. Incarnadine

Sorry sorry. I didn't clarify on reload. Was meaning re-supply. But again, that was all ninja'ing to flank positions on groups of people. After trying to use it again yesterday in more normal situations... I found my Rebel better used =(
  14. Incarnadine

But the recoil is so horrible on those things
  15. Aktarus

i just realize that i was confused between the stalker auto rifle and the shadow , my comment was about the auto one not the shadow btw , its the auto one who's going to make me suicide sry about that :rolleyes:
  16. Rune

If you wait a little the gun realigns itself back to where it was before you fired, if i can line up 1 headshot with it i get 2 headsshots and a kill 90% of the time. If my target is close and i need to fire faster I fire faster and aim for the torso. recoil is a non issue for me at least.
  17. Incarnadine

Sorry man... but as nice as it sounds, that is just so off. If you have TIME to wait that milisecond for it to re-align itself, you are getting the jump on someone. If you are getting the jump on someone, bolt works better.

Even torso aiming, soon as you take that first shot that staggers your aim, chances are high your next shot is going to miss and you're dead since the recoil + stagger really kicks your aim away
  18. medbot544

Anyone got the forward grip unlocked on the stalker; I dont want to waste extremely hard to get cert points just to be disappointed (again). I want to know how much it decreases the mad recoil on this BB gun.
  19. VKhaun

Thread seems to be going towards nitpicking the details of his request. I won't jump into that, but I will say as an infiltrator who got both scout rifles and a person who uses the battle rifle on my Heavy and Engineer, the two infiltrator guns feel very under powered. After spending alpha picks to unlock them first thing and spending my first 60 points (IIRC) on scopes for them, I kept getting the drop on people from a distance and having them kill me with carbines anyway.

I don't really play my infiltrator anymore... never was into the hardcore sniper type.
    • Up x 1
  20. ThElement078

So true, the stalker sucks, with that high a ROF and just 20 round mag.
    Then put a Compensator. Learn how to controll your gun! And besides, the gun is more of a MID-RANGE RIFLE, So try to ambush people from, well, not necessarily mid range, but the border line between mid and close range, and always try to flank an enemy, go head on then your screwed, this gun really doesn't have the fire power in head on fire fights.... Until lithe Devs buff it which I really hope they do!!!!!

P.S just reallized this rifle was actually a 4-shot kill, So now it REALLY NEEDS A DAMAGE AND (emphasis on AND) A RATE OF FIRE BUFF.

P.P.S If the Devs do buff rate of fire (though I'm now leaning towards a damage buff) They also Better make recoil weaker, Otherwise the recoil will be way too unbearable.