Server Maintenance For Game Update Sept 5

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadarX

All servers will come down for brief scheduled maintenance beginning at 6:00 AM PT (3 PM CET). Be sure you check out all the Hotfix notes in the Game Update forum .
    • Up x 1
  2. ddraig

a link would be handy ....
    • Up x 5
  3. ddraig

• Up x 4
  4. kadney

No more medic parties? I wonder if anyone really abused this, beside the dudes on the event servers to level up faster.
  5. SidCom

I not understand the update policy from SOE..

I working in a big telco and and changes on the infrastructure are STRICTLY forbidden on fridays. For good reasons...
    - friday updates stresses the employers
    - stresses the customers. its very likely that the update has flaws and introduces more bugs then fixes, especially if the update contains a lot changes and new functionalitys.

If we have major updates, we do that on monday or thuesday and try to fix the new bugs with minor changes until thursday. And whenever it is possible we are doing smaller changes. That really helps the devs with debugging and keeps the codebase cleaner.
    I am aware that PS2 has has a massive backlog of bugs and new functionality, but at least updates shouldn't be done on fridays.
    • Up x 11
  6. zFlash

MISC

• 2 Client crashes fixed that means the 32 bit problem already solved? :(
  7. flyingaxe1

So can I use my Xbox controller to fly again? because i really hate not being able to fly it's half the game! (personally).
    p.s i don't understand code or algorithms how this got removed is beyond me p.p.s is anybody going to be brought into account/ lose their job. Or any of the old PS2 coders brought back that were let go last year, because enough is enough starting to feel like 1 fix breaks 5 things.
    • Up x 2
  8. PresidentFreeman

This is a good point, it's frustrating for both parties.
    • Up x 4
  9. Noktaj

No adrenaline shield fix :(
    • Up x 3
  10. Jeslis

Err whats wrong with it?
  11. kaltonian

I really hope so, not been able to play the game since last patch, so really looking forward to hotfix and hope you guys can remedy this.
  12. Magma52

Still no fix for the Heavy Assault adrenaline shield. Disappointed.

It's listed as a 'Major' issue on the bug tracker, but we're now going into the second week without a fix. As a paying customer, this month and last has been such poor value for money when you consider all the problems.

I imagine a lot of people aren't even aware of the issue...the Adrenaline Shield doesn't work in any way whatsoever.
    • Up x 3
  13. andy_m

Just logged on to play.

Picked my base and spawned.

Went to terminal to change into my Skill Suit and CTD...

So I'm hoping today's patch will attempt to fix the CTD issue (yet again).
  14. Devoneir

So... I really hope that this will fix the framerate stuttering and dropping to zero in almost all my fights.

*Checks maintenance notes*

Guess not.
    • Up x 4
  15. JonboyX

Agree to an extent... if it's new content or mini patch.
    If it's a fairly major bug release that's fixing an issue stopping people from playing, then I'd prefer it on a Friday come what may.

Sadly no fix for my map loading issue :( How rare can an i5-2500k and GT570 really be.
    • Up x 1
  16. CptLegshot

What's wrong with 32bit?
  17. PresidentFreeman

My patch wishlist so far, no more:
    • Being unable to move forward after revive
    • Being stuck in auto-run
    • Being stuck in mouse-select mode
    • Stuttering framerate
    • Ping in the tens of thousands
    • Up x 5
  18. SidCom

I never experienced in the last 2 years that the game was COMPLETLY crapped after an update. It's just more and more annoying bugs come up with every patch, which makes (only) nearly unplayable. Therefore it was never nessecary to do updates on a friday.

At the moment it seems like they fix one bug and create 2 new with their new content.
    Like now with the render issues. That is really a core element of a shooter that i can see the enemy (or vice-versa). Last weekend i get way to often instagibbed by this ghosts. Not infils, all classes. HA, LA medic etc.

Not played since last monday because of that. And usually i play PS2 every day at least 2-5 hours. Since 2 years...

Regarding your issue:

I dont think it is your hardware. Mostly this loading issues caused by the software you are running on your PC. Virus-scanner, firewalls, some 3. party software etc.
    I advice you to do a fresh WIN7/64bit install, the Avast antivirus and a PS2 compatible Nvidia driver. Do not install ANY 3.party software or additional firewalls or backround programs etc. Keep you PC clean. That helps a lot.
    • Up x 2
  19. Noktaj

Adrenaline shield is bugged since the Valkyrie update and DOES NOT recharge on kill.
    Not even a tiny bit. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  20. Gawdlike

OMG <3 DDRAIG
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.