Server Maintenance for Game Update Sep 16th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ConradHorse

wow, there are some promising maintenance patches many were waiting for, thank you for your empathy, I've already felt better after checking things out, can't wait to see more back-on-tracks patches
  2. ImpossibleLeap

Umm I can't run the game...It opens after 5 mins then stops responding...and closes
    Edit, Fixed
  3. ImpossibleLeap

How does one configure a joystick for the game, I cant seem to bind it's controls to an ESF
  4. Baz13

So can you share with us how you managed to resolve your problem?
  5. Baz13

I got this from Support Ticket but it did not work for me :(

Greetings BazGK,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. There is a known issue with resolution since the last patch that we are working to resolve, we have a few bits of troubleshooting that we can try in the meant time. Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  6. Baz13

I had the same problems since the Hotfix patch with the forced framerate and my monitor being unable to display the game BUT Your solution also worked for me lesserbob :)

So i suggest others with this persisting problem use this method you described above.

Just to be clear for those unsure or unaware where to find the file to edit :

1. Open your Planetside2 Launcher
    2. Click on the little wrench symbol (bottom left of Launcher)
    this opens Advanced Tools
    3. Click Open Game Directory
    this will display your Planetside2 files.
    4. Search through these files and locate the 'User Options' file and double click it to open.
    5. This is where you change Mode=Fullscreen to Mode=Windowed once you changed that remember to click on File tab and click SAVE.
    Now close the window and hit PLAY on your Launchpad and Planetside should open in a Window.
    7. On the Character Login page click on settings and change Display Mode to Full Screen Windowed.

WORKS FOR ME ;)

Thanks again lesserbob.