Server Maintenance for Game Update Sep 16th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Sep 16, 2014.

1. SidCom

I just want to avoid that my posts get deleted because they are off-topic, we should move to game discussions or so when you need more info.
    But i hope a short spec is fine to post here:

Mobo: Asrock Z77 pro4
    CPU: i5 3570K Quad Core unlocked OC 4.2Mhz@stockvoltage (max 5GHZ with Liquid cooler)
    Mem: 2x8G 2400 MHZ, G.Skill
    Monitor: 27 inch Gaming Benq 120 Herz
    WIN 7 Prof 64 Bit
  2. sagolsun

Corsair H100i, 1.32v with LLC disabled.
    A highly recommended cooler. Low 40C at idle, torture tests get it, just barely, to 80. I had my previous H100 crap out on me due to pump failure, corsair sent me an upgraded model.
  3. WarmasterRaptor

The cycle continues :

[IMG]

Somebody! Halp!
    • Up x 1
  4. sagolsun

Nah. It's more like this:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. WarmasterRaptor

:eek: They hate us? The humanity!!! :eek:
  6. kaltonian

Hi, i would just like to thank you guys at SOE for the hotfix that was introduced 16/09/14.
    I am now finally able to continue with my game play of PS2, thank you for almost resolving the game-pad key-binding issues that a lot of us have suffered since the 08/08/14 patch, your fix did pretty much what you guys stated, and yes my 360 wireless D-pad is none responsive but you did warn us of that, but i can live with that for now as its great to play again as i have not done so since 08/08 patch. Every time i tried to use the keyboard the game stalled as my FPS would drop to 3, yet again i thank you for addressing this issue to regarding performance. I am aware that not everybody using a game-pad or joystick will be sharing my comments today and i deeply sympathize with you guys as i feel your frustration.
    On my side though i thought it would be nice for you guys to have a pat on the back forum rather than constant error reports.
    Keep Up The Good Work SOE

PS, Keep us up to date though yeah, communication is very important, especially to those who are not sure on what or were to go for help regarding these matters. Cheers and Good 1.
  7. Baz13

I am having the same problem since the update, i get INVALID INPUT SOURCE msg on my monitor and cannot play the game.

Seems when i look at my Res settings i am running 1024 x 768 but also it says 60Hz which i guess is the frequency of my Monitor.

I have tried to validate on the launchpad and that does nothing. Also i have sent a ticket to support, i suggest you do the same if you have not already.

This sucks especially as a paying member.
  8. SynaptixBrainstorm

i7 3610QM @3.3GHZ
    AMD Radeon HD 7670M 2GB
    4GB Ram DDR3 1600 / I will upgrade soon to 12GB
    obviously its a laptop and i could play perfectly with a stable 40 fps (caped to 40fps) until the ps4 code got included with the valkyrie patch....
  9. SynaptixBrainstorm

I know that you cant otherwise you wouldnt be so offensive against 32bit....but i can see a difference...not rightnow since the game runs like trash since the valkyrie patch. But before that. It was much better with the 32 bit client instead of 64bit...dont ask me why but thats how it is/was
  10. SynaptixBrainstorm

:D
  11. Damz49

Synaptix: TRied to play tonight and surprise, became "playable" (ony tanks impossible as infantry) as before yesterday's update that made things completly worse than worse.

Framerate really higher (30-50 instead of 0-15 yesterday), still frame drops but less critical, still crazy freezes from 5 to 10s.

Didnt change anything in graphic settings or on my computer (except window update)
  12. sagolsun

Other players have reportedly fixed the issue using this utility:
    http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU?page=1
  13. Brawler4456

um well, i can't run the game in fullscreen right now because it can't display the video mode whenever i try. everything in the cfg file is correct for my monitor. it must be those gpu tweaks that they did. i have a gtx 750 ti ftw edition.
    • Up x 1
  14. MasterDemoman

Stop assuming that, please. 64 bit was never compatible with my 64 bit computer that can easily run the game nigh the highest settings. The game is not compatible with my 64 bit computer for some silly reason.

I opened a support ticket a while back, but after 4 separate replies that didn't fix the problem, I gave up.
    TL;DR: The game probably isn't compatible with gaming laptops.
    • Up x 1
  15. Damz49

"For what reason someone want to change to 32bit, if he can use a (faster) 64bit client/OS? The only thing i can imagine are certain 3rd party soft, which is not 64 bit comaptible"

Reinstalled my OS on 64 bits because everybody told me "It's really better" (had crashes and crazy freezes in 32 bits)

Now, I dont have any crashes, but I have crazy frame drops and freezes are still here.
  16. Pokletu

Let us unbind ROLL from the mouse in aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  17. Alastyn

this update really was in right direction fixed major issues for me now can play in large fights with bad connection even though u guys resetted my master medic kills still angry on you guys a lot but the update was good have to say that.

could you guys fix the bad flash dying animation in wraith clock the infi just stands its kind of weird

and add some waterfall to the maps i really miss em when i think about it a beautiful terrain and no big waterfall areas or near water fall fights. i wud personely drive flash off the waterfall and happily die thats immersion. damm still water in lots of areas and hosin are annoying breaks immersion. and still man no waterfalls seriously the game is beautiful on every thing maxed no waterfalls on maps :(
  18. DLL2

This update is verry good for client 60fps alltime but i lag, i am on indar at Broken arch Road @Cobalt : 48-92 vs 48-92 and they are problem about lag i need to wait 2sec for receved exp from kill. It is not my provider my ping
    Code:
    |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                  |

|                      Host              -  %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                          192.168.0.254 -    0 |  326 |  326 |    0 |    0 |    5 |    0 |

|                          78.202.246.254 -    0 |  326 |  326 |    5 |    5 |  24 |    6 |

|                          213.228.41.158 -    0 |  326 |  326 |    6 |    7 |  40 |    6 |

| rennes-6k-1-po6.intf.routers.proxad.net -    2 |  306 |  301 |    6 |    7 |  74 |    7 |

| p11-9k-1-be1021.intf.routers.proxad.net -    0 |  326 |  326 |  12 |  13 |  40 |  12 |

|p11-crs16-1-be1004.intf.routers.proxad.net -    4 |  290 |  281 |  12 |  14 |  42 |  15 |

| th2-9k-1-be1001.intf.routers.proxad.net -    0 |  326 |  326 |  12 |  12 |  32 |  13 |

|            ae56.edge4.Paris1.Level3.net -    4 |  285 |  276 |  12 |  13 |  81 |  14 |

|                  No response from host -  100 |  65 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                  No response from host -  100 |  65 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

| ae-238-3614.edge6.Amsterdam1.Level3.net -    0 |  326 |  326 |  24 |  26 |  80 |  24 |

| SONY-ONLINE.edge6.Amsterdam1.Level3.net -    0 |  326 |  326 |  24 |  30 |  225 |  24 |

|        amspsn-liv-gw04.planetside2.com -    0 |  326 |  326 |  24 |  25 |  58 |  24 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
  19. TerranRepublic101

Something strange about this patch:

Sound range for player/vehicle generated noise is broken.
    I can hear people cloak 50-100m away.
    Aircraft moving behind a hill 200m away sounds like it's flying right above me.

Every sound source sounds ridiculously close after this patch.
  20. TerranRepublic101

Also I forgot to add:

Loading times when spawning into a different hex increased.
    It seems like the loading time for changing the hex was increased.
    Usually it would take me no longer than 5-10 second to load a new hex but it's about 10-15 secs now.

Extra-keys don't work anymore
    I occasionally listen to music while playing.
    I use some of the additional keys on my keyboard to play/pause tracks or play the next track in my playlist.
    Well it doesn't seems to work anymore with planetside 2.
    Tried Winamp and foobar2000, but ps2 keeps eating those global hotkeys.