[SECRET] Mysterious ROAR in the mountains

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by drNovikov, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CupBoy

Yeah, that was my video. It's very near the Ascent on Amerish, up in the mountains. Easiest to get there as LA.
    • Up x 2
  2. Duff_Chimp

Still bad, saying it's the best MBT kind of like saying it's the smartest ******. When I rolled up in a tank people used to flee for cover, not any more... you can't honestly say tanks are effective anymore?
  3. NovaAustralis

Just checked all of these 'Easter Eggs' out for myself:
    1. BFR at facility north of Howling Pass on Indar = myth confirmed!
    2. Roar/growl on purple crystal moutain south of Mani Bio-Lab on Esamir = myth confirmed!
    3. Roar/growl on highest peak near The Ascent on Amerish = myth confirmed!

I wonder if other tall features have this going on?

Also,
    Have you found the 'zen garden' on the mountain overlooking NC Arsenal?
    Have you found the buried Amp Station on Esamir?

The truth is out there.
  4. Pikachu

I heard a roar on esamir! I think it's a wampa.
  5. LightningWolfTigrBer

Guys, guys. Guys. Random NPC monster spawns across continents. Attack anyone, regardless of faction. Powerful enough to take out tanks and other ground vehicles. Maybe even aerial monsters.
    I WANT IT!

Edit:I see I'm not the first person to have thought of this. Guess I shoulda read the thread.
  6. RomulusX

7. LightningWolfTigrBer

Yes. Giant, floating psychedelic disco balls and all.
    Make it happen, Sony.
    • Up x 1
  8. Czuuk

Epic thread is epic.
    • Up x 1
  9. RomulusX

Haha I meant for the Giant Ant at the end! :eek:
  10. Goretzu

They are much more balanced, certainly.

Making MBT a 1 person vehicle (basically a PS1 lightening on steriods) was arguable one of the biggest mistakes of PS2.
  11. o.Solei.o

I want to see these beasties!
  12. SNAFUS

If they added some kind of NPC that did random ganks I would never leave my Mossy again.
    • Up x 2
  13. Duff_Chimp

Still almost twice as effective with 2 people...
  14. Goretzu

Effective != balanced.
  15. Canaris

lol if there was really giant monsters on Auraxis don't you think they'd have been discovered by now and put into a zoo or stew with it's head mounted a wall somewhere come on ffs we're Humans it's what we do!
  16. Duff_Chimp

2 man tank will always beat down a 1 man tank, seems balanced to me. Sure you can run as MBT alone but you almost are certain to lose against people 2 manning one.
  17. Goretzu

Having a 2 man tank beat a 1 man tank, isn't the same as having a 1 man tank balanced power-wise.

Tanks in PS1 could be much more powerful relatively and stay balanced, because they required 2 people to be effective, a 1 man MBT in PS1 was useless unless it was a Mag, and even they were much less powerful.

PS1 tanks were also harder to get and you needed to specalise your toon to get.

PS2 tanks comparably are given out like candy.
  18. NovaAustralis

Totally off-topic for this thread.
  19. NovaAustralis

Totally off-topic for this thread.
  20. mik1o

time to dust out my trusty tinfoil hat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.