[BUG] SCYTHE'S ARE IMMUNE TO G2A...but hey since its vanu just leave it broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fleabag

Must have missed that one in the cert trees. :rolleyes:

Why do you keep asking permission from the rest of us to post stuff anyway? o_O
  2. Timperium

Your tears...they are delicious!
    • Up x 1
  3. CoreDave

Any lockon missile can lose lock against any target. I've had plenty of A2A missiles simply go off course against ESFs and even once or twice on libs. Not sure if its a bug with the missiles or a bug where the flares are used but don't render for some reason.

There are also plenty of times when you don't get any lock-on warning at all and yet other times when you fire the flares but they don't work and you get hit anyway. One thing is for sure though and that is that this has nothing to do with Scythes in particular.
  4. DrStrangeLug

The "hit but not damage" bug is prevalent and not limited to lock-on weaopns. One time I got no damage registration at all and ran out in front of a vanguard just so he'd kill me and I'd respawn. Post-respawn the damage registerd fine.

A bug in an AA weapon does not mean the target is OP.

If my toaster doesnt toast the bread then my toaster is broken not my bread.
    • Up x 1
  5. Madmojo

These poster are children that don't bother to read about known issues such as G2A not hitting or registering damage for all factions. Instead they freak out, make a title in CAPS, make false assertions, and cry like some 4 year old child.
    • Up x 2
  6. Eduard K.

Because I only feel like shutting you up like the newb you are, the very last thing you want is me making a crusade out of VS's ability to excell at everything, I don't know if that bug was intended or not but I do know your side has the second best infantry weapons and the very best vehicles thus placing it in "favorites", even if TR has the best ground guns.

My only concern now is having SOE balance air and ground, your time comes once they make that steady and I "actually" find someone on your side who is worthy of me spilling the beans, I have not found such person alive yet as oped as you are, VS still sucks on my book, I have met good TR and I have convinced them to move out from the newb cesspool into better prairies, aka NC, their skill was wasted in TR.

Anyways, try not to cover the bugs that favor your side and maybe next time, you will get away with it.

And don't worry, when I get fed out with your side (probably not soon, newbs are always newbs and kills are easy), I will probably start the "correct VS" topics.
  7. iller

I got it tonight with the stupid Shrike against a Lib who wasn't even moving.

I wasn't even close to him like I usually am to Tanks where it typically tends to misfire.

Seriously.... how does SOE mess up Rockets?, it's not some kind of scie...... Oh...
  8. TheStigma

That's a whole load of misinformation right there...

Firstly all the ESF have exactly the same turnspeeds. Pitch, yaw and roll. These are identical - so you are are wrong on that point.

I don't know by what measure you determine "best", but the reavers gun is the one that does the most damage - and all the ESF cannons are pretty dead-on accurate to begin with.

The reaver also has the smallest hitbox so you are wrong on that point too. The scythe might look like it should have the smallest hitbox but the hitbox models have absolutely nothing to do with the visual models and the scythe hitbox is absolutely huge with lots of invisible hitboxes. The reaver on the other hand has the opposite - many parts of its visual model where there is no hitbox at all.

As for speed, again the reaver is the fastest (even faster than the mossie). I'm not talking about the fastest standard max-throttle speed obviously - but the fastest speed when you fly like normal pilots actually fly - that is to say flying with the spacebar while tilted down and pumping the afterburner. Even though the reaver has the slowest regular throttle, its upthrust is the best and that gets put towards forward thrust with spacebar-flying. Also on the afterburner side of things the reavers speed decreases MUCH slower after you release the afterburner than the other two ESFs. This allows for much higher average speeds while pumping the afterburner for obvious reasons. In short - in an actual race across auraxis the reaver would win against the other two given that all thre pilots knew what they were doing. This is the case in stock performance at least. Things might change around a bit with various performance upgrades ect.

-Stigma
  9. GamerOS

The primary reaver cannon fires below it's crosshair, the shot gun is just silly.
    All other empire can choose between their guns really, the reaver either takes their rotary and a pretty average beginner cannon.

Sorry, that's outdated information, hitboxes have been fixed in release, currently the Scythe has the smalles hitbox, followed by the Mosquito with the Reaver last with not only the biggest but also a very centralised hit box.

Side and back hitbox
    Top Hitbox

Again, more old information, the Reaver now only goes 217 KM/H with the aforementioned flying technique. (however up thrust is still better I believe.)
    The Afterburner also had it's long bleed off time removed and now looses it's extra speed as fast as the mosquito.

The only one here with wrong and bad information is you here.
    You where right once, but everything has been changed.
    • Up x 1
  10. Eduard K.

No, the reaver has the largest hitbox.... 100 threads about that.
  11. Sigmaul

As someone who does a lot of A2A fighting without missiles, have played all 3 factions, and mostly just use the turbo lasers of my scythe, I can easily say the mosquito is BY FAR the hardest ESF to hit. The scythe can be difficult to hit against it's flat side, but it's broadside is definitely the easiest. The reaver's broadside is only a little easier and its flat side only a little harder, but the mosquito is just always hard to hit.
    Anyway.. back to the topic at hand.. My bro (who plays vanu too) uses the G2A rocket launcher and only about 1/4 of his rockets that hit do any actual damage to ESFs. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it has to do with flares. Sometimes when I'm flying around, someone shoots a lock-on at me, I pop my flare and know I dodged the rocket, but the graphic still shows it hitting me but I don't take damage. There are probably sync issues where it hits on your screen, but not on his and visa-verse, and only the server knows what really happened.
  12. Grotpar

It confuses me greatly that this thread hasn't been locked yet, this is some of the most obvious trolling out there(OP), and one of the few cases where it's actually accurate to consider "trolling".
    • Up x 1
  13. {joer

I do see my G2A missiles miss a bit more vrs VS than NC but they still hit quite often. "Immune" is a very poor word choice here.
  14. Kurreah

I think we're waiting to see if the OP is able to actually back up his claims, or whether he was just trying to stir up trouble and then slink off.
  15. DG-MOD-02

Please keep threads constructive on these forums. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.