[BUG] SCYTHE'S ARE IMMUNE TO G2A...but hey since its vanu just leave it broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slyguy65

After all it is quite clear the vanu are the devs favorite...

By G2A i mean the infantry AA RPG
  2. Thardus

Well, if you expect to go head to head with an ESF and win, you misunderstand how this game works.
  3. Fleabag

Since when, and where is any kind of evidence for this "bug report"?
  4. FelixG

Your facts are irrefutable! Nerf it immediately!

5. Azimaith

Its not a question of the scythe, its a problem with G2A missiles. Sometimes they'll hit, you'll see an explosion but get no hit indicators and no damage will be done. All aircraft, including liberators get this sometimes, which just makes the already terrible G2A launcher even worse.
    • Up x 1
  6. Eduard K.

So after half month that bug is still there, interesting.
  7. CoolJ

Wow, I fly a Scythe quite a lot actually and you know what? They don't seem to be having trouble hitting me. I'm just not that lucky I guess.
  8. Eduard K.

Don't be coy and search the forums, this bug with the scythe and lock-on missiles has been going on for a while, ****, even since beta.

I don't care at this point what it is they want to OP, but for the sake of side balance this **** has ran it's course.
  9. robo

Any ESF, not just the Scythe. I tried hitting a Mosquito today and all four rockets zipped off after a couple of seconds tailing the plane. That was the first time I'd encountered the bug, however.
    • Up x 1
  10. Xasapis

Is this a problem with the particular ESF or a general problem with all of them?

Personally I'm getting hit by missiles just fine, though I can't tell which is which. Generally though, if not pursued by enemy ESF, missile is G2A.
  11. Fleabag

It's the OP's thread, they could provide the evidence that it's something to do with the Scythe.
  12. Tyrsta

I promised myself I wouldn't log on, however I feel most people dont understand the new role of GTA lock-on rockets. In beta towards the end, their flight speed was nerfed a little. I cant remember if they were nerfed a little more before one of the latest patches. After the patch that dramaticly reduced flight speed and tracking along with dumbfire mode, this "bug" is a common occurance.

heres an example : I'm a defender at a bio lab and theres an air based zerg comming in. I pick an ESF to target, i fire with lock-on, they flare and fire on thier target, my second lock-on turns green and I shoot. As I watch the ESF fly away im wondering if my poor little rocket is goin to hit...then I see 3 more rockets come into view chasing the same ESF. All four blow up on his tail but only one does damage. We did our job (role), we deterred the single ESF out of the zerg from hovering in place.

GTA rockets are working as intended.
  13. HerpTheDerp

This is so ******** it makes my head hurt.
  14. Eduard K.

Ah so you seriously want me on the case to prove it directly, with video on how over****ingpowered the scythe is?

Do not make me start a crusade that will end up making you switch sides like the rest of the scrubs that play this game.

The only reason I have not talked anything in the matter is because I do not need to worry about VS when I fly, good or bad it still dies, skills arent even close as overpowered as they are.

Keep talking and I will start a line of threads about handle, bugs and overall completly biased gameplay design for a side that never obtained any publicity during beta, yes that is the only reason you are overpowered and it can end just as fast as they created it.
  15. Nephera

Go ahead.
    • Up x 2
  16. Eduard K.

No, I have Aircraft vs ground to balance, side fighting is meaningless to me at this point.
  17. Timperium

Scythe overpowered? Ahahahahahhahahahahahaha *breathes* hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The slowest ESF with the weakest rocket pods is overpowered, thanks for the laugh!

But anyway, it's a problem with the G2A launcher being buggy.
  18. Fleabag

Why not, it's really not unreasonable when someone makes a hypothesis (the Scythe is immune to G2A AA lock on) for there to be a certain amount of data that both precedes and follows it.
  19. GamerOS

The Scythe when moving slowly forwards completly confuses G2A misiles, they fly behind the Scythe and then loose target.
    If they hit they suffer from the same non damage buffs as anyone else.

The Scythe does have the best hover and best turn speeds.
    And altough their pods are slightly worse then those of reavers the Scythe does have the best and most accurate Primary guns.
    Not to mention the scythe has the smallest hitbox of all the ESF.

Also, currently the ESF is just as fast as the Reaver, but with better acceleration.
    • Up x 1
  20. Eduard K.

Just to give you a tip because you are obviously a newbie who probably thinks his side has the best pilots "because".

This is one:

Your aircraft is broken, the reasoning for the evasion on the G2A design and the A2A design comes from the flat hitbox design, as you turn/spin hard at high speeds, your flatness somehow manages to bug the missile's "hit target line of code" to just assume it did and retire from chase, this happens on other aircraft as well but the scythe has it easier, why? FLAT BOX HIT BOX, no other aircraft has that.

Here is 2:

The handling of the Scythe related to any other ESF is supreme when it comes to dogfighting, why is this? your ESF allows hard break which if savvy or remotely close to pro dogfighter it means WIN, hover and break are EVERYTHING in dogfighing, I welcome you to prove me wrong by beating me with a racer/dogfighter frame while I have no "dogfighting" but "bomber" airframe, this is how much SOE knows of the **** they develop.

Here is 3:

The magrider is overpowered because of the same ******* reasons we struggle against your ESF, the handling of your vehicles is too much, SOE knows this but keeps ignoring it thinking it will help the side grow bigger by making overpowered.

Now, when do you want the videos?
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.